main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit SWCO Catch-all Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    HA!

Well I'll never look at my Boba Fett helmet the same way again. Huh.

2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh I got that, in fact right after watching that bit I looked up Cad Bane to see if he ever popped up in later sources.

What a way to go, one top bounty hunter being taken down by the next in a classic Western showdown. perfect.

I am more worried that Sugi might have died as well.

I more mean I thought the Cad/Boba story was about Cad being Boba's mentor, so how the hell does end up with Boba Fett leading an uprising of bounty hunters against Cad ruling some place with his own bounty hunters....and what is Boba doing playing the hero anyway? I thought he was more evil in the new canon, not less....though I suppose he has 20 years to get more ruthless.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

We might be safe for that one, at least in regard to TCW's era --
    In Aftermath, Sugi's niece, Jas, speaks of her on occasion. And while Fantasy Flight isn't particularly canon, they have one illustration of Sugi training another Zabrak who fits Jas's description. I'd bet someone will take that idea and run with it someday.

MercenaryAce and vncredleader like this.
  4. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012

Well, its really only that one marvel comic appearance to go on. They could just retcon it into being Jodo Kast there. Actually everything Fett does in that comic fits Kast to a T now that I think about it.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Sugi has pretty clearly died by the time of Aftermath; Jas refers to her exclusively in the past tense and has been saddled with all her debts (which is why she's so reluctant about doing the right thing when it doesn't pay). But the references also make it pretty clear that it would have to have been a lot more recently than during the Clone Wars, since Jas knew her well and isn't that old.

Revanfan1 and MercenaryAce like this.
  6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008

Ah crap, I got really misty-eyed watching that. But bless her, she also made me laugh my ass off at the same time.

**** this still majorly sucks.

Jedi Ben, TheRedBlade, Vthuil and 3 others like this.
  7. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013
    Does the abscence of Natalie Portman (and more importantly Ewan McGregor) at the 40th Celebration Panel today mean they will be appearing later this weekend to announce something big? With Liam Neeson and Samuel L. Jackson coming in for videos it seemed oddly conspicous to me. Portman you wouldn't necessarily expect to make an appearance but I want to hope this lends credence to the surprise Obi-Wan movie announcment coming tomorrow or Saturday.

8. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    John Knoll brought this clip of an extended Death Star meeting scene from ANH:

It's so weird (and great!) to hear Tagge refer to Vader as "This Sith Lord sent by the Emperor". Also note Vader's use of the "Cosmic Force."

9. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    It's also really funny!

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Never going to hear that line the same again.

10. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I think it's really mean that people are laughing at David Prowse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LelalMekha and MercenaryAce like this.
  11. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

I personally don't think Natalie Portman has much desire to have anything to do with Star Wars anylonger (of course her attitude might be different if her character was still alive and she had the potential of getting in another film). From what we have seen and heard it doesn't seem like she had a very good experience being a part of the PT and puts some blame on the trilogy for making it harder for her to get other roles in the years following the movies.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  12. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    Not that I think she'll be attending Celebrations any time soon, but she doesn't seem overly hostile to SW these days.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-ca-mn-natalie-portman-20160804-snap-story.html

Daneira and RavagerFish like this.
  13. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I think the PT actors are overall a lot like the OT actors - they were burned out by the experience of actually working on the films (though maybe a little worse because of the poorer reception) at the time, but the passage of time and witnessing the lasting Star Wars fandom has mellowed them out.

I mean, heck, they got Harrison Ford back eventually, though possibly reluctantly; Portman's nothing next to that.

14. Anakin 99

Anakin 99 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2016

Portman seems to have a problem working with franchises There is a reason she is not part of Thor: Ragnarok

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  15. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

I think smaller scale personal stories are more her cup of tea as an actress than large budget franchise type of movies are.

Vthuil I don't know if it Star Wars in general but I think the actors just get burned out working with Lucas. It has been stated over and over again that Lucas was a very difficult director to work with.

I'd be surprised if Ridley, Boyega, and Isaacs have the same type of fatigue as the actors from the previous two trilogies did simply because they are working with better directors.

TheRedBlade likes this.
  16. Qel

Qel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2007
    Hasn't she also only recently given birth to her second child? so perhaps has other priorities just at the moment. Still, hopefully she'll be involved in the future somehow.

Loved the 40th anniversary panel, glad they managed to get Harrison to take part. Just hope we get Ewan and Obi-Wan now, would love for that movie to happen.

17. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    That extended Death Star scene is really cool

Daneira likes this.
  18. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Nothing wrong with laughing at Prowse's Vader voice. Compared to James Earl Jones' (Where was he during the 40th anniversary panel ;) ) Vader voice, Prowse's does seem a little pathetic and silly for such a powerful character. Still you can't deny the commanding body language Prowse has in that suit

TheRedBlade likes this.
  19. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    It IS really cool hearing 'Sith Lord' in an ANH context. I mean, we knew it was in the script, novelization, Radio Play, etc. But seeing and hearing it spoken on set by cast members in the 70s is still really cool. I mean, it's the only time we've heard the phrase in the OT era at all.

Daneira, TheRedBlade, Vthuil and 2 others like this.
  20. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    TLJ panel beginning in abt 10 minutes

21. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013

How dissappointing would it be if they didn't show the trailer?

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  22. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Silly anecdote: for years, as a kid, I was persuaded that Bib Fortuna said "He's a Sith" at one point in Return of the Jedi, --specifically when Luke arrives at Jabba's palace and tells him "I must speak with Jabba. Turns out Bib actually said something like "Zeeto zeet," not "He's a Sith!"

Vthuil, DoubleSith and Taalcon like this.
  23. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
  24. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Ahhhh! :eek:[face_love] Oh my gosh, this has always been my favorite scene of all the SW films. That Force choke absolutely fascinated me when I was little. Good thing I wasn't in that room because you would've heard me hollering at the top of my lungs over this recording, lol.

And this comment would have been posted at an appropriate time (i.e. before the TLJ trailer dropped) if it weren't for the database error :p Did you folks break the internet?

Barriss_Coffee and DoubleSith like this.
  25. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I wish now this had been added back in to the Special Edition back in the 1990s. It would have been a cool way to build anticipation for the Sith-heavy prequels.

DarkEagle likes this.