[SWD-09] The future of Star Wars on the small screen

Discussion in 'Fan Audio' started by Uilmuteiz, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Will the Force be with the Ewoks again, or maybe the Gungans..

mmm The further adventures of Jar Jar

well lets give them better ideas than that, what are your thoughts on the future of Star Wars on the small screen?

Rogue Squadron Serie?
    Young Jedi Knights cartoon?
  2. Spacehunter24 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd like to see something like THE ADVENTURES OF HAN AND CHEWIE (not necessarily that title, of course), taking place during their early days. Animated (but not in the CLONE WARS style), with Perry King returning once again to voice Han, and Billy Dee Williams guest starring occasionally as Lando.

As for live-action, a ROGUE SQUADRON series would be cool, and seems to be what a lot of SW fans would like to see for a SW TV series. I'd see no reason why Denis Lawson couldn't return, and maybe they could even get Mark Hamill for a guest spot in the pilot episode.
  3. doggans Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've often wondered what it would be like if they did a live action Jedi Apprentice series...yes, those are children's books, but a series staring Liam Neeson and...some kid as Obi-Wan could be good if done well...
  4. djr33 Force Ghost

star 4
    those all sound great :) wish it could happen... /hope it will ;)
  5. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Doggans, good to see ya.

I'm not sure if it was ever discussed much, but Brandon Hillock and a group of other fan film makers, some of whom had helped on the original PTH, had actually come up with a REALLY good fan film version of Jedi Apprentice. It was abandoned, I believe, but the scenes that they did get done and show around were great.
  6. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Heh, and I didn't even notice our other fan film crossover. :) Hello to you too. heh
  7. TigerClaw Force Ghost

star 1
    I would love them to produce more of the Clone Wars cartoons, However, If they were to start a new Star Wars series, I would love to see a series that takes place durring the time between The Phantom Menance & Attack Of The Clones, I'm sure many of us wonder what has happen to Anakin over the years as a little boy til he grew up as a teen.
  8. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
  9. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    I plan on trying to listen tomorrow night!!
  10. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    I wonder if the phone will work this time. :p

And, Sebastien (et al), if we figure we start the fan audio awards on or around Feb. 1, we should try to get in a bit of info about them on the show, y'think? At least a bit of an explanation of the three types and such?
  11. Ransel Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think a Rogue Squadron Series would be great. There is a lot interset in space as we have seen with Mars as of late.
  12. Sith_Messenger Jedi Knight

star 1
    Nathan,

We actually have a show scheduled for Sunday February 1st. So you could talk about the award then, or you can also do so tonight.

Dany
  13. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Cool. Might as well wait, I suppose. I'm going to go ahead and have the seven "academy" members begin their deliberations tonight, though, so those can be taken care of soon.
  14. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    I for one would like to see an animated or CG series that follows the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, going through the books. If animated however I would also like to see it in a different style. Preferably anime.

Forcebewitya!
  15. zjibber1972 Jedi Padawan

The TV Show should be on HBO with quality like Band of Brothers and Sopranos. Have 13 1 hour episodes every season.
  16. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd like to see a Han Solo/Chewbacca series. No doubts..maybe based on the two book trilogies that are already out.

Keith
  17. zjibber1972 Jedi Padawan

And, it (TV Show) would be the greatest back during a period when the Jedi and Sith were having wars. Basically, back when there were hundreds if not thousands of Sith instead of only two as we have during the movies. And, it would have to be live action for broader appeal!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.