main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWEEEETTT!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by TK7771, Sep 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Ok for one,Until It's on TOS as to what theartres will be showing it,I'm not getting to excited about it.Cause you know, just cause one of you called and they said yes, then one of you caled and they said no,means poodoo!!

The only ones who would know for sure would be the IMax people and Uncle Georgies people themselves!!So until we know the facts, please dont post yes they are showing it, or no they are not showing it!

Carrie~Thought you'd get a kick out of that one ;)

2. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    BUUUUUUCHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

3. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    sorry...but i did say they said most likely....not a definite yes [grin_sheepish]...anyway i'm kicking it old school on malestare in the pod racing game...and i dont know what that's supposed to mean, i just wanted to say it.

but i agree, we should see what the official word is before we decide. but it's a good idea for a meet/whatever

4. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    I love D&B. There was one right near my house in CA. Used to go there all the time(for some reason they never bothered me about my age).

btw- it doesn't matter if an IMAX theater can show 3D movies or not. All IMAX theaters can show both 3D and non-3D movies.
    I guess we'll find out later on which theaters are gonna show it.

5. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Looks like I was wrong about Jordans getting the Imax of AOTC.

Although they will be cutting out some scenes from the movie,to make it fit the IMax format better.I dont get it,but here is the report!

6. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    Scenes they can cut out:

1) Nipple scene.
    2) Big bloated thingy surfing.
    3) "I truly madly deeply love you scene" Don't forget steps+kiss between each word.
    4) Scenes with Jar Jar, short of the Making a vote for Power to The Emperor (sort of important)
    5) Nat kissing hayden after she jumps from pillar in the arena.. just annoying, it's such a forced movement.
    6) How can I forget... on genosis... panning to Nat and how she can't get out of the giant cauldron about 5-10 times... I got the hint after the 1st one that she couldn't get out... Doing more just showed how foolish she was to try.

And something to ADD:

After Windu says "This party's over" Should pan to a group of 3 overweight fat black singers going "Shaft!"

Just for kicks.

7. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Thats a great idea!

8. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001
    Ok. So it will be on IMAX.
    I live in Plymouth, does anyone know where I will be seeing AOTC on IMAX?

Here are the possibilites:

Boston (Museum of Science)

Jordan's Furniture (I doubt this as the place would turn into a movie theater more than a furniture store)

Someone was saying Dave and Busters, is this true? I went to the Providence mall before and didn't know they had an IMAX

ANyone help?

9. LUH-3417

May 11, 2001
    just called the museum of science-no plans for AOTC in november.

perhaps after it has been out for a while.

that means it will be shown at the commercial IMAX theaters instead of the museums most likely.

anyone know of any commercial theaters in MA? south shore MA or boston?

10. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Nope. Don't see where it could be. but the Aquarium Imax theater is not out of the question.

11. CrimsonVision

CrimsonVision Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I just went on IMAX.com and there are only 2 IMAX theatres in MA (Boston MOS and Natick / Jordans Furniture) and only one in Rhode Island in Providence.

There are none in NH or VT, but there is one in CT in Norwalk which is our next option.

IMAX Theatre, The Maritime Aquarium
    10 North Water Street
    Norwalk, Connecticut
    PH: 203-852-0700

Im at work at the moment and cant call but anyone wanna give them a try?

XxX,
    T

12. LUH-3417

May 11, 2001
    sorry friend, but perhaps later. i am at work now and the new policy is to not allow out of state calls.

by the way, sweet pic!

13. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    just for clarification, the IMAX in prov place is *across* from dave & buster's, not in it. it's in the same mall but it's its own separate entity. also, as stated before, they told me they would *most likely* (not definitely) be playing it....but again only time will tell. and i should think prov is a closer hike than CT for the bostonians :)

14. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    There IS one at the Boston aquarium. I know this to be true as one of our meets was going to see one there.

15. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Until its confirmed on the Official site,I'm not worrying about where its gonna be playing.We all got so frustrated about opening night that we didnt even get to go as a big group,which was a huge disappointment to me

16. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    fear not, we shall go def. as a group for Ep.3 which is all that matters. and the best part is, I shall be master then! Muhahah!

17. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I called the IMAX in Natick, MA??? not sure where that is , but, I spoke with the manager there and they are almost positive it is showing there, they put in for it and are now waiting for confirmation. I left my name and number for them to call when they find out.....however you guys may want to call every few days and see too.

How far is that for you guys to drive?
    As far as I can tell so far....only NYACK, NY...Natick, MA.......and rochester, NY are the only ones showing the IMAX in the NE region.......

18. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    add to the list of NE region theaters the IMAX in providence. just called again, now they say they will be getting but not sure when. *shrugs* so if anyone is in the RI area (ha ha) and wants to see it, looks like it will be there too :)

they're playing apollo 13 there right now, may have to check it out :D

19. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    i have some good news and some bad news, firstly AOTC will be coming to IMAX in the states and canada (not Australaia :( )
    secondly it will be only at a selected few, i think the number was about 22 imax cinemas. And only those with the correct hardware to play the film. So some of you may need to travel a short distance to go see it on the huge screen.

20. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    If it plays in Providence I will go there.

21. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    I aint giving up hope yet,but I'll drive to NYC if I have to!!

Must see AOTC in IMAX!!!

22. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    how far is nyack to you guys?
    :)

23. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    I dont know,wheres nyack?? :confused:

24. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    its a couple hours away

25. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Natick is not far for any of us(only like an hour). Jordans furniture is the only place with an imax theater in natick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.