SWEEEETTT!!!!

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by TK7771, Sep 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIEace Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Great! That's a Friday, so I might be able to do it!
  2. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    I should be able to make a showing Friday night (sorry no costume) I'm also going to head over to the 501st site to see if they want to make an appearance, in case they don't watch out boards. :)
  3. BH-1171 Jedi Padawan

Hello all, let me introduce myself...

My name's Bob Gouveia, BH-1171 and I'm the 501st Membership Liaison and webmaster for the New England Garrison. Dex here emailed me and notified me of your thread here.

Apparently someone else here, a Roy Giunta emailed the Simons IMAX Theatre in Boston, MA a few days back referring them to us. I'd like to thank you on behalf of the New England Garrison. We were in talks that broke down with the Jordan's furniture IMAX theatre in Natick for the past few weeks now. To have the Simons IMAX Theatre contact us was quite refreshing!

We will be working closely with Lucasfilm Ltd and IMAX to provide an entertaining evening for all that attend. I encourage all of you to go and have a great time!

We will be there in our full Imperial force with 10 - 20 costumed members guarding the theatre from all you "Rebel Scum"! ;-) j/k

Lucasfilm Ltd. has contacted the 501st again as they did at (Celebration II and the Gateway store events) to help promote these releases nationwide.

I hope to see you all there and I'm sure it'll be great meeting many of you! Anyone coming in any Rebel or Jedi costumes?

Bob
    BH-1171
    NEG Membership Liaison
    NEG Webmaster
    501st Legion
    www.501neg.com
  4. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    Apparently someone else here, a Roy Giunta emailed the Simons IMAX Theatre in Boston, MA a few days back referring them to us

That would be me :D

Cool,she got in touch with you guys!!

she asked who the big groups were around the area, you guys and The Rebel Legion were the first to come to mind,although i didnt know how to get in touch with anyone in the Rebel Legion.

I'm throwing together a Darth Sidious costume for the event,unless you guys already have one then I wont.
  5. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Friday November 1? I'll have to look into this. If I can make it I will. Its the getting off campus that's the hard part.
  6. JediTBD Jedi Knight

star 1
    hmmmm...I may have to stay up here instead of going to RI...:)

why won't Jordan's let you help promote it? I noticed that they *are* going to be showing it (at least according to the OS)...
  7. JediRaanic Jedi Master

star 4
    Sat. at the 5 something show or the 8 something show would be good for me.
  8. TIEace Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So the whole big shin-dig is for a meet in Boston at the Aquarium...right? Because then I actually might make this!
  9. BH-1171 Jedi Padawan

Hi again,

Yes, we will be there Friday night only. We're already booked and they are supposedly talking with local radio stations to promote us as being there for the event.

Hi Roy! Thanks again man. Nice to see fellow Star Wars fans helping each other out.

As for Jordan's furniture, they were very unreceptive to our initial discussions. Like I've said, we were talking with them for a few weeks now about doing their premiere and they kept insisting they weren't sure they were getting the movie. We needed to plan the event or else we wouldn't get enough members to clear their schedules to be there. Eventually, Jordan's gave us the ol' "don't call us, we'll call you" technique. That kind of left a bad taste in our mouths.

As for Rhode Island, I saw an email that said they are having a costume contest at their midnight showing of AOTC on Halloween night. Some of you may want to go to that! If you want to see the Imperial forces though, meet us in Boston on the 1st.

Oh and Roy... we don't have a Count Dooku so if you'd like to fill the part for the evening, that would be fun!

Talk to you all soon.

Bob-A-Fett
    BH-1171
    NEG Webmaster
    www.501neg.com
  10. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Roy as Dooku? haha! I guess it could work though.

I'll def. be there!(this verdict is subject to change).
  11. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    Roy, if you be Dooku (cuz you got the beard!), maybe I could be Sidious.

Unless they already have one. I just don't want to be a Jedi. :)
  12. JediRaanic Jedi Master

star 4
    ok....The only time I can go is Sunday. I'll be there Sun. November 3rd @ 8pm if anyone can only go them I'll meet up with them.
  13. Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Master

star 4
    So, I guess there's only one question left to ask...

who's bringing their lightsaber? 8-}

(I take that back, 2 questions. The second is, is this a meet or what?)
  14. sith_lord21 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    wait im confused ( as always ) what is going on november 3rd?????
  15. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  16. Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Master

star 4
  17. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    This wont be our Official monthly meet,but hopefully we all can get together for this.The date is Nov 1st,opening night!!

as for the Dooku costume,I think I can pull it off.I'll look into what it consists of.The hard part will be the lightsaber.They have those toy ones,but I never really liked those.
  18. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    ooooh a costume contest at midnight on halloween night in rhode island??

*runs to the sewing machine and sews furiously*

can't sleep...clown'll eat me....
  19. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Now the question is, what time is everyone going? I'm hitting the 2nd show on the 1st, 7:whatever
  20. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I guess everything is starting around 5:30,not sure how long the NEG are sticking around.
  21. TIEace Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Couple questions:

Would we stay for every show, or are we just going to decide on one or two?

Since we are helping promote the event, will admission be free/discounted?
  22. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    Right now it looks like we're aiming for the 7:45ish show.If you wanna hang around and help out on some of the stuff that may be going on,your more than welcome.

As for free/discounted addmission,I havent heard either way,but I'll find out.So for now just plan on buying a ticket.
  23. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    I bought my ticket for the 7:45 pm show.
  24. Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm gonna buy a ticket too.
  25. DarthMeatloaf Jedi Knight

star 1
    So..................................

when is this "meet"?

I know it's on nov. 1, but what time? Which Imax?

Just need to know. You guys are confusing. :D

You might want to e-mail me with the times, as I don't come here often (I have school to tend to).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.