main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWEEEETTT!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by TK7771, Sep 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    HeHe :D

I don't know about a costume. A lightsaber is a definite for me though. Goold 'ole Qui-Gon's.

2. Royal_Handmaiden

Royal_Handmaiden Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2002
    Hey idarii,

I know you have no clue who I am but anyways I'm not far from RI (right on Attleboro/Plainville line)and I'm always in Providence and I am going to try and make it to the IMAX in Boston so if you want a ride don't hesitate to let me know. That train ride kind of sucks into Boston and I would be more than happy to do it :)

3. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    That train ride kind of sucks into Boston and I would be more than happy to do it.

I don't know, it wasn't that bad! :)

4. Royal_Handmaiden

May 25, 2002
    well I guess it depends on when you take the train from RI or Attleboro area into Boston. I've taken it a few times and it took me twice the time to get there due to all the stops and people that were on it. But maybe I'm just impatient and like to drive. oh well, I guess it isnt THAT bad then..lol

5. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Only been to Providence a few times,cant really say why I was there in here,May get in trouble ;)

6. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Roy, could it be for the type of entertainment requiring many single dollar bills. ;)

7. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
  8. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Maybe I've been there as well. :D

9. Royal_Handmaiden

May 25, 2002
    Uhm...what guy of legal age HASN'T gone there for that reason ?!? Hey I went there for a tattoo....but I'm willing to bet that doesn't count. Can't blame a girl for trying though :p

10. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I haven't gone anywhere for that reason, thank you very much!

11. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Either have I...at least she didn't ask for $1 bills. :p

12. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    hah you probably went to the place where my dad's friend is the owner. was the building pink? :p

anyway royal thanks i may have to take you up on that if it's not a problem because i didn't think with changing and all that i'd be able to make it up in time. but if we drove we'd make record time (well better than the train anyway). i could drive up to attleboro and go from there. i'd just need a few minutes to change into my jedi gear. what time do you think you'd be leaving by? i usually get home from work around 5:30-5:40

13. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    You should have plenty of time.we're not seeing the movie til 7:45.

I'm gonna try and get there by 5,to help out at the theartre.

14. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Ok,we need at least 2 people at the Theartre by 5.We've been asked to help handout the "IMax exclusive:Bantha Tracks".They asked if at all possible to be in costume for this,but not entirely necessary.

This might end up being an all weekend thing.So dont volunteer until you know for sure you can do it.As soon as I hear more I'll post it here.

EDIT:In case yo dont know what I'm talking about:Bantha Tracks #0

15. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    I will be there at 5 pm!

I will just be wearing normal clothes, and then when Ryno comes with the Rebels tshirt, I'll change into that. I'm not quite sure about the status of my costume...yet.

16. Royal_Handmaiden

May 25, 2002
    Well my work schedule kind of depends. I am supposed to get out of work around 5:30pm but sometimes I end up there until 6pm. But I can make it home in about 10-15 minutes so I would say I would be in attleboro no later than 6:15 and we could leave from there if that's cool. It's not a 100% definite yet but it's looking pretty good I'll let you know soon.

17. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    6:15 in attleboro i can definitely do. why its right in me backyard! just keep me posted :) and thank you a million times over in advance if this all goes according to plan :)

18. Royal_Handmaiden

May 25, 2002
    No problem...hey at least bringing someone that wants to go sounds more fun than having to drag my bf who thinks I have a crazy obsession! :)

19. BH-1171

BH-1171 Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2002
    Hello all,

Bob-A-Fett here again from the New England Garrison of the 501st Legion.

We'll be appearing with you at the Simons IMAX theater in Boston on Friday, November 1st. I and a few others will be there between 3 and 4 to start setting up. The others will trickle in all night. We'll have somewhere between 12 and 20 costumed members there. We're also handing out the limited edition Bantha Tracks (we're featured on the cover...WOO HOO!) and we're posing for photos to benefit charity. Also, listen on to local radio stations because we'll be mentioned on their radio spots.

In addition to the appearance in Boston on Friday, some of us will be assaulting the Jordan's Furniture IMAX theater on Saturday between 1 - 4pm and others will be appearing at the IMAX theater at the Providence Place Mall in Providence, RI.

I hope to see you all there and expect to see plenty of costumes. The more the better!

Are any of you helping at the other theaters as well? I know they're all mentioned by Lucasfilm in the letter that's been sent to all the theaters.

Thanks!

Bob-A-Fett
    BH-1171
    New England Garrison IMAX Rep
    www.501neg.com

20. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    I'm confused...

Who is handing out Bantha Tracks #0, the Rebels, or the 501st? ?[face_plain]

21. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    ok so i can order my tickets, what theater is this at? what is the website? what of donuts, marge???

22. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
  23. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    ah thank you :D
    i will order tonight and see you all in boston in my full jedi garb :)

24. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Who is handing out Bantha Tracks #0, the Rebels, or the 501st?

Both.

25. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I ordered my ticket for the show. This is going to be fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.