main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWEEEETTT!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by TK7771, Sep 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
  2. BH-1171

BH-1171 Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2002
    For those that don't know, Lucasfilm TOLD all the theaters to contact the 501st and FanForce groups to coordinate this event. We are working together to make this event fun for all in attendance.

Here is a portion of the letter each theater received from Lucasfilm directly:

---------------------------------------

Fan Club Assault

In addition to the online effort, we have empowered our local fan clubs around the US, numbering 200,000+ to come up with unique, creative events to make the IMAX experience a must see for all fans. The 501st Stormtroopers Costuming Club will lead this effort. One of the most dedicated fan clubs
    in the Star Wars community, the 501st consists of literally thousands of Star Wars fans located nationwide who have crafted their own Star Wars themed costumes. The 501st has appeared at conventions, charity screenings, and other special occasions. Their costumes are professionally crafted and
    include a variety of characters from the Star Wars universe, including Darth
    Vader, Jango Fett, Stormtroopers and many others. A representative from the 501st will be contacting you shortly to make arrangements for opening weekend. Working in conjunction with you, they plan to have numerous costumed club members at your theatres on opening weekend and are also planning to get the local media involved to cover the event.

Opening Weekend

"Bantha Tracks" Special Giveaway To help provide incentive for our fans to go opening weekend, we have created a special, extremely desirable giveaway to be handed out at the theaters on opening day. We are bringing back an early Star Wars fan club magazine entitled "Bantha Tracks". To give you some history, Bantha Tracks was the original Star Wars Fan Club magazine, and it hasn't been available since the late 80's. The new Fan Club will be restarting "Bantha Tracks" in December, but this will be a sneak preview, full-color issue. To make this giveaway more desirable among Star Wars collectors, we will be numbering this magazine #0, making it the first issue available in the series and making the collectors' mouths water!

Distribution - we will be shipping approximately 700 to1000 copies of "Bantha Tracks" to each theater, and our local designated fan group will be on hand to distribute them on opening weekend at your theater. Again, there are a limited number printed so they are only available while supplies last.

Your local fan club representative will contact you shortly to make arrangements for opening weekend.

---------------------------------------

As you can see, this is a HUGE event and not just a simple gathering. We will looked upon almost as official representatives of Lucasfilm Ltd.

When is your group preparing to arrive? I'll be there sometime between 3 and 4pm to tour the facility and work out the details of where our group needs to be. Roy, if you could be there that early to help out, that would be great. They are going to want the 501st to have Stormtroopers "guarding" the doors to the theater and have our Officers tearing tickets and handing out Bantha Tracks. They have said that FanForce would be handing out Bantha Tracks as well. In addition to that, the 501st will be posing for photos with people with the proceeds benefitting the Aquarium's charitable programs.

You guys have anything specific planned? How about for Natick or Providence?

Thanks!

Bob
    BH-1171
    NEG IMAX Rep
    501st Legion
    www.501neg.com

3. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Woah. This is gonna be so cool! This is gonna start Nov.1st right?

4. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    When is your group preparing to arrive?

I think Roy and I are getting there around 5 pm...Ryno too. I'm not sure about Roy (he may be in a Dooku costume), but I'll be wearing my Rebel tshirt.

5. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I can be there at any time. If the Rebels are welcome to attend the tour then I would like to go on it.

6. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Roy, if you could be there that early to help out, that would be great

I can get there that early.Not a problem.

7. sith_lord21

sith_lord21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    this going to the my first meeting

8. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Hope you bought your tickets folks, the 7:45 pm showing is SOLD OUT!

They might open up more tickets as we get closer to the event.

9. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, who else can go to the 5:30 showing?

10. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Our website now has a special page for the IMAX: Yoda!

Now, how do we get StarWars.com to put our URL in their table? :)

11. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    I am so glad that I am really paranoid when it comes to tickets. I bought mine two weeks ago I think.

I'll see if I can be there at the same time you guys are gonna be there. I have two tickets to the 7:45 showing, one for me and one for my friend Ben.
    Sh**. I just thought of something. I have nothing Star Wars to wear. Besides my padawan braid and the $8 toy lightsaber I'm getting, I'm not really gonna be able to get dressed up.

12. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Leah, How about a nice Boston Rebels T-shirt? :D

13. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Ryno, what do you think of the site?

14. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Woah. Nice job on the site Tony.

15. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I like it. I can't wait for the Bios to go up and the Vader watch to get under way.

16. sith_lord21

sith_lord21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    leia go to wallgreens and get there customs!!!!! there only 20 bucks, it comes with everything a jedi has

17. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Arthur, I am not wearing one of those silly-looking cheap costumes! Maybe I will buy a Jedi robe but that is it!

BTW, I finally found a site that sells leather replica Jedi boots that are fitted to your measurements, but they cost $250 plus S&H.

18. Tarr

Tarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    I dunno that walgreens idea sounds right up my alley. I was thinking of going to CVS to buy one of those cheesy costumes for a halloween party I'm going to next saturday heh.

19. Royal_Handmaiden

Royal_Handmaiden Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2002
    Well I hope more tickets go on sale. I went to buy it today and I was too late :( If anyone hears they go on sale again or has an extra let me know I'll be willing to pay for it, just send me a pm or email. Thanks!

20. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    uh oh my ride has no ticket? *stomps and kicks imax in the knee* sell more tickets!!

well anyway royal maybe they'll have more tix, if not, you can have mine, cause if i have to rely on the train i'll never make it in time.

21. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    HAHAHAHAHAAAA!! I DON'T HAVE TO WORK ON NOV. 1ST!!! :D

Well, actually I do, but I can get somebody to cover this one. ;)

If that happens, the 3:15 southbound train will be a cinch. North Station at 4:45, then a hop, skip and a jump from the Green Line to the Blue and over to the aquarium. I just need to find or make a podracer costume now. ;)

...not to mention make it back in time for the 11:00 northbound train. [face_plain]

22. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    Damn, I didn't get a chance to buy tickets.

:(

23. Royal_Handmaiden

Royal_Handmaiden Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2002
    Idarii, I'm going to give the IMAX a call tomorrow and see what they say about more tickets. Figures it's just my luck I wait one day....such is life. But I'll let everyone know if they give me a date or something when they will release more tix.

24. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    Damn you, you americans, why can't we get the IMAX AOTC aswell :(
    anyone want to mail me a copy of bantha tracks #0 i'll send back a star wars comic autographed, :)

25. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I sent in our link to SW.com.It should be up anytime now.

keep an eye on this page.

88~might be able to help ya there ;),I'll let ya know after the premiere

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.