main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Sweet deal at Celebration 2!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TheHuntressDiana, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I got this from the Official site. Can you imagine...yourself as a Jedi, in bust form? WooHoo! :D

Get Scanned at Celebration II
    April 24, 2002

Gentle Giant Studios and Dark Horse Comics have announced plans for a special 3D scanning demonstration and contest to be held at Star Wars Celebration II, May 3-5, 2002 in Indianapolis, Indiana.

The two companies recently joined forces to produce a series of Star Wars mini-busts, many of which will be previewed and available for pre-order at Celebration II. It is the balance of high tech wizardry with traditional sculpting artistry that brings these mini-busts to life. The creation of these amazing sculptures begins with the 3D scanning process. This involves sessions with the actors striking poses as their heads and bodies are laser-scanned to create three-dimensional data for a perfect representation.

In their shared booth, the two companies will not only give fans a chance to see this elaborate digital process, but actually participate in an on-site demonstration. Sessions will be held daily at 12 noon and 4 p.m. Select participants will have their faces digitally scanned. A color certificate with a 2D printout of the scan will be mailed to their home. All scanned participants will also receive a Star Wars prize pack at the show that includes items from Gentle Giant Studios and Dark Horse Comics.

Among the attendees scanned, three lucky winners will receive an actual Jedi mini-bust made in their likeness. The names of the three winners will be posted on the Dark Horse web site the week of May 13, 2002.

Space is extremely limited for these sessions and will be conducted on a first come, first serve basis. Interested participants should stop by the Gentle Giant/Dark Horse booth #D19 for additional information and rules.

2. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I seem to remember seeing something about having your photo taken and when you get the photo back it looks like there are lots and lots of you,like clones or something.I think that would be way creepy.

I'd rather they had an attraction where you take a photo agaist a blue screen and then you get to choose an enviroment to be the background for the finished photo.

("oh and this is me on Coruscant,nice eh?")

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.