main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sweet dreams are made of these...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Tabula Rasa, Jan 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jango_Bebop

Jango_Bebop Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2004
    Best. Pics. Yet. Thanks for the link racerx, you rock bro.

Its tough to pick a favorite between the starfighter ones, obi and anakin attacking, the turbolasers, and the red guards. I may have to go red guards, simply for the anticipation factor of that scene.

2. deadjedi_willbe

deadjedi_willbe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2003
    Those x-wings remind me of pelicans.

3. Yoda_Jedi_Luke

Yoda_Jedi_Luke Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2003
    I love Obi-Wans approach to Mustafar. So emotive and you can imagine that shortly the galaxy will take a turn for the worse.

I cant wait for ROTS to come out, imagine when it does and we will all be discussing what were our favourite scenes.

"Oh man, yoda and sidious goin toe to toe was brilliant. excellent cgi" and "obi-wan looked so masterful when he chopped anakins saber away" and the like. Ah.

4. YTMND

YTMND Jedi Master star 5

Nov 22, 2004
    So, wait.

This thread has nothing to do with Eurythmics?

Wow, I feel misled.

5. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    The shot of Obi-Wan flying towards Mustafar gives me the same feeling as Frodo and Sam crossing the plains of Gorgorath towards Mt. Doom. It's the beginning of the end.

6. DukeNukem

DukeNukem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Why didn't we see the planet that Mustafar orbits in the teaser trailer (Padme's ship flying from it)?

7. Kained-but-Able

Kained-but-Able Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2004
    Any astronomers out there? Im pretty sure that a planet like Mustafar orbiting a giant is quite scientifically accurate. I think the huge gravity of the planet often causes a smaller moon to be very unstable and volcanic. Im sure thats the case with some of Jupiter's moons.

8. Darkfalz

Darkfalz Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2003
    If he gained maybe 10 more pounds, it would make a good "before" picture.

:)

9. femme01

femme01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2004
    Motee said it's Anakin's fighter:

The picture is labeled wrong. What can I say? It's Anakin's Starfighter 100%.

10. Sidious69

Sidious69 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2004
    "Oh man, yoda and sidious goin toe to toe was brilliant. excellent cgi" and "obi-wan looked so masterful when he chopped anakins saber away" and the like. Ah.

Where did you see that Yoda vs. Sidious pic??????

11. darth-amedda

darth-amedda Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2003
    "Why didn't we see the planet that Mustafar orbits in the teaser trailer (Padme's ship flying from it)?"

I guess it's a question of perspective in space. Probably we've seen it from another point of view.

12. grakogator

grakogator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2003
    I was'nt really happy having that larger planet below Mustafar.I wanted Mustafar to be a lonely barren waste of a hell hole in the deepest darkest parts of the galaxy......all alone!

Though the more I look at it the more I see a mirror image of the shot in ROTJ of the Death Star above Endor a second before we cut to Luke and Vader in the lift entering the Emperors throne room.

This mirror image represents the location where Anakin trully falls and becomes the Vader we know to Vader reamerging as Anakin.

Anyway both shots of this mirror image surely make the hairs on the back of our necks reach feverish heights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    OK, I'm pretty much unspoiled, so maybe I'm way off here...

but when I saw the picture of Mustafar in the Insider, I wondered if it might be one of the moons of Bogden.

Is this possible?

14. Loso_Fett

Loso_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Though the more I look at it the more I see a mirror image of the shot in ROTJ of the Star above Endor a second before we cut to Luke and Vader in the lift entering the Emperors throne room.

This mirror image represents the location where Anakin trully falls and becomes the Vader we know to Vader reamerging as Anakin.

Exactly what I was thinking. And also, when Anakin is on Mustafar (a real planet with life forms on it) he is still mainly man, while when he fights on the Star (entirely metal) he is more machine than man. I don't know if that made any sense, but in my head it did.

15. Invictus_Sol

Invictus_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2003
    Thanks, Racerx. Those are indeed fantastic pictures. Especially liked the shot of Yoda and the Royal Guards.

16. KaptainKaos

KaptainKaos Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2004
    General_Kenobi, that is an interesting thought, I don't think it has been brought up.

17. Lord_Plagueis

Lord_Plagueis Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2004
    sweet pictures... thanks Racer for sharing!!

my favorite one is definitely of Yoda and the redguards. im dying to see the facial expression on those guards as a little 3 foot Jedi Master comes walking in. picture of the Jedi starfigher flying towards Mustafar is awesome. i thought it was a planet in itself.... but it is shown in that picture as a moon. which would make sense. another good picture is of Anakin and Obi-Wan in the hanger. the Dooku vs. Anakin is pretty good.... caption says Anakin has learned much since their last encounter. i wonder if Dooku will say something to the effect Vader did to Luke in ESB at Bespin. "You have learned much... young one."

18. Semblance

Semblance Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2003
    but when I saw the picture of Mustafar in the Insider, I wondered if it might be one of the moons of Bogden.

Mustafar is a planet. The OS called it a "double-planet" and the Insider caption itself refers to it as a planet.

19. Kained-but-Able

Kained-but-Able Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2004
    ^ Interesting ^

20. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Well, now I'm told that Bogden is not in ROTS.

But either way, I love the symmetry with ROTJ and the Death Star orbiting the forrest moon of Endor.

21. Darth-Bradius

Darth-Bradius Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2004
    :( :( bandwith exceeded i have seen none of the pics in the thread

any help anyone

22. Anagorn

Anagorn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2003
    I think that picture of Anakin´s Jedi Fighter flying
    towards Mustafar in ROTS, mirrors the scene
    with Maul´s ship on it´s way
    to Tatooine in TPM.

23. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    could someone plz send me a link to the mustafar pic.

24. JMZ

JMZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2003
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/q7x23/ROTS/mustafar2.bmp]

I didn't get a chance to save it as a JPEG before the bandwidth got exceeded, so I apologize for the size. If someone wanted to PM me a link to a bigger picture like the one in the link, I'd appreciate it. ;P

25. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.