main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Sweet Release (OC vignette, comfort)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Title: Sweet Release
    Author: Alexis_Wingstar
    Characters: All OC's including Alexis Wingstar which I regrettably took as my screen name because I was at a loss when I joined what to call myself :p
    Genre: Vignette
    Note: This plot bunny bit me this morning after I read about the death of earlybird-obi-wan's father (whom I am sure was not a Sith Lord). I thought of him (earlybird) and my master, DarthIshtar who also recently lost a loved one, and ginchy who is taking care of her mother while she's taking chemo treatments, as I wrote it. I pray this story will give comfort and strength.

[i]I know you hate me and what I did to you. I don?t ask forgiveness, though I am sure you have the strength of character to do so ? and yes, I now understand that forgiveness and loving someone through hard times requires more strength than hating those who have wronged you. I know I have no right to ask you to do anything for me.[/i]

The message from her son?s father filled her head as she carried her baby down the hospital corridors to the designated room. She stopped just outside, making sure she got the number right. Room Ps1010c. The nurse had told her that the occupant had never spoken upon her arrival, and just to knock a few moments before entering, so she took a deep breath as she rapped upon the frame. Upon slowly releasing the lungful of air, she freed her anxiety that had taken hold of her breast, making it hard to breathe and had forced her heart to beat rapidly. Now calm, she walked in.

A few steps from the entrance, she hesitated as she spotted the lone figure sitting before the transparisteel window. [i]She looks so frail.[/i] The young woman had expected someone more imposing. Surely the mother of the impossibly large Sith Lord who had forced himself upon her could never have such a tiny frame. The elderly woman was looking away from her, out the window, and she wondered what so captivated the old one?s eyes. As she watched a few seconds more, however, she realized the woman?s head was bobbing slowly, up and down, in rhythm to the low susurration of breathing. [i]She?s asleep.[/i] The raven-haired woman considered coming back later, but something ? either old-fashioned instinct or the Force [i]is there a difference?[/i] ? told her it would be too late.

For all of them.

Looking down at her baby, she smiled as she saw he too was sleeping, his sweet round face the embodiment of innocence. She gently stroked the soft chubby cheeks with her slender finger and marveled at the intensity of love that surged through her as she gazed at him. [i]You are perfect. It?s not your fault your father?[/i] She stopped the thought as anger and hatred started to form, and she quickly released them into the Force. [i]No, I won?t let that touch you. It isn?t a burden you should bare.[/i]

She looked back up to the elderly woman then and slowly walked over. ?Hello,? she said softly before placing a hand on her shoulder.

The old woman took in a quick deep breath as she raised her head once more. Her eyes opened wide in surprise as she looked out the window, then blinked. When she turned her head, she smiled up at the one who woke her.

The younger woman also gulped in a quick breath, astonished at the simple joy in the elder?s eyes. ?Um, hello ma?am, I?m Alexis,? she stammered, ?you don?t know me, but I knew your son?? She swallowed as she shifted her baby in her arms so the woman could see him better. ?This is our son? your grandson.?

Alexis would not have believed the expression on the woman?s face could have become any brighter than it had if she hadn?t witnessed it herself. The elderly eyes became wide with astonishment even as her smile widened, and she rose her wrinkled hands up as her expression changed to questioning. The younger woman hesitated slightly before handing over the precious bundle to her, making sure her son was safe in the old woman?s arms before totally removing her hands from the still slumbering infant. She smiled as she watch

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Awww. That was extremely touching.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    This was so beautiful. [:D]

Consider this my last request, Alexis. My mother is in the care of the Coruscant Memorial Hospital. I know I won?t be able to visit her before I die, so please go to her. Let her see my? our? her grandson. And tell her I love her.

Small fingers touched her cheek. Alexis looked down into her son?s big brown eyes and smiled. ?She knew.?

My favorite part. A parent will always love their child no matter what and a parent will always know the child loves them.

I really liked this.
    Great job. =D=

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Aww that was sweet and touching. Thank you

5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [:D]

Oh, thank you for thinking of me as you wrote this story. Alexis seems like a strong woman, one who picks up and rolls with the punches. I am trying very hard to be a woman like that; I'm trying to be as strong as my mom, who is the strongest woman I know. I love that Alexis took her baby to see his grandmother and that the baby is loved, that he is the future.

I'm sending warm thoughts to early-bird obi-wan and to DarthIshtar. [:D]

6. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Jaidyn_Knightfall Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2008
    Oh, this is so beautiful.:_|

The part about Alexis bringing the baby to see his grandmother was especially sweet. It must have been wonderful for her to see her grandson for the first time, even though she would never get to watch him grow up.

My thoughts and prayers go out to earlybird-obi-wan, DarthIshtar and ginchy.[:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.