main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Sweet Snapshots- UDC VI. Week 20, Mara/Luke; 09-30!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jun 1, 2011.

1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    She won the allegiance and loyalty and faith of many worlds because when she spoke, it wasn?t rhetoric or self-interest speaking.
    She's so talented.

?This is restricted!? Tahiri warned.

Like that will stop Anakin. :p

Great sets!

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Tahiri and Anakin in a restricted area, huh? [face_mischief] I bet they did more than just tinker around with droids. :p

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet Ceil: I love the way your mind works, rather like mine [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

[:D]

!!!!!

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: The first two have L/M meeting in an AU situation.

~~

Luke had never been one for casual sex.

He wanted a deep, committed relationship. He also felt that he didn?t have the time or luxury to embark on a romantic relationship. That was until Mara walked into the room that first time.

?Hi.? He said to her. ?Are you here to meet with NR Intelligence??

?Yes. I?ve been called to give a deposition. I?m Captain Jade, by the way. You don?t need to tell me who you are.? She winked.

Luke grinned. ?They?re calling you in now, Captain. Will I see you again??

Where?d that come from?

?You never know.?

~~

The graphic was a cerulean seascape, and it was very tranquil.

Mara had finally finished with the legalities and was now swamped with reports and things demanding her attention.

It was a good thing, Mara reflected, that she was great at recalling minutiae. That was basically what these crazy bureaucrats wanted.

She sent the last one and spent a few long moments just enjoying the peace of her screensaver.

Her comm pinged suddenly.

It was Luke, the delectable easy-going gentleman she?d met earlier that day.

She smiled and accepted his invitation for caf, despite herself.

She felt an undeniable connection.

~~~

The violence of the backwash of public opinion against the Emperor led to many defections.

Tycho and Soontir were a couple of these.

Feeling displaced and adrift, it wasn't long until they found their niches in piloting.

They also found loves they hadn't been looking for.

~~~

The language parameters of the new alien contact had Belindi totally confused.

She didn't know where from or what this language was, but it seemed vaguely familiar.

Tracing it back through various tracking programs, it was discovered that they were a long lost race of Force sensitives, related to the Ashlans.

~~~

Karrde and Solo worked in many kinds of goods, but they never fell into the quagmire of drugs and slavers.

They thrilled to the adventure and the great dodge, but their scruples wouldn't permit them to descend to such lows.

For that, they were respected and won strong reputations for trustworthiness.

They found themselves in the unusual position of not having to seek work partners/employees.

+++++

:D

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    :D

YAY! [face_dancing]

(and that's for all the prompts)

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Hmmm[face_love] for the first and bravo for all of the prompts=D==D=

7. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Real life has been...complicated...to say the least lately, but it's so nice to come back to such wonderful little pieces as these.

Romantic and funny, excellent. [face_love] You did such an excellent job with the prompts!!

Please add me to your pm list. I don't want to miss anymore. [:D]

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [:D] ! [face_dancing] !

9. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Good to see you doing the drabbles! I remember how hard they were to write, but how much they taught me. I like the title--very apt! I really loved the one where Mara thought that she just couldn't resist when she looked into Luke's eyes. We understand, Mar, really--we do! [face_batting]

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    From UDC 1 I took Beneath these Hands, number 99. Number 99 was chosen from UDC 2, Future.

Head over Heels taken from UDC 3, number 81. Number 65, There's Only Us, taken from UDC 4. Number 90 selected from UDC 5, Needed.

~~~~~~~~!
    As Liz watched Kyp cradle Caleb just moments after he was born, she thought her heart would burst. Beneath these hands ... so loving and gentle -- reverently cradling a life they'd brought into the world!!!

The thought was awe-inspiring!

And she grinned... those same hands could really make her feel quite fantabulous, as well.

~

There had been a brief span of years - a time she rarely dwelt upon, when she'd wondered, even despaired of a future with Kyp.

Now, partly because of that time of loss and half-completeness, she felt blessed for every single second they had shared since coming back together.

~

Even the fact that they had was miraculous, Liz reflected. She'd always been head over heels in love with Kyp, even when they were apart. But she'd told herself frequently that there was absolutely no reason to assume he still was with her.

He had proved to her in a million and more ways since their reconciliation, that actually, he had been wild about her -- still.

"The guys knew not to fix me up with anyone. My heart was still yours."

~
    Kyp grinned and swept Liz up in a hug and twirled her around.

"The kids are with the Fels tonight." He murmured, nibbling her earlobe.

Tiny shivers ran up her spine as he continued a warm trail of kisses along her neck.

"Really?"

"Yes, sweetheart. There's only us for the whole week end."

"My, Kyp. Whatever will we do with all that time?" Liz questioned with a husky purr and a laugh.

~

The miracle of the Durrons' wonderful love was that each needed the other and cherished the other in such deep and unabashed ways, their friends concluded.

Everyone should be so lucky, to find such a love someday, if they hadn't already.

"My love and constant star." He'd called her in their vows renewal.

"My love and haven." She'd reciprocated.

There wasn't a dry eye in the place at the end of the ceremony.

+++++++

These pick your prompts weeks are a blastarama for a mushalicious write!

Evaporates!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!

11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I'm such a sweet pile goo [face_love]

Gigantic SQUEEEEEEE!!!!

[:D] :* [:D]

12. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    My love and constant star...I like that. May I borrow it please? [face_love]

Love this set, obviously. :p And a wonderful way to end the evening.

13. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Lovely sets. =D=

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a sweet and lovely way to begin the day.

Delicious, delightful mush and sweet moments between Kyp and Liz[face_love]:*

15. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    "My love and constant star." He'd called her in their vows renewal.

"My love and haven." She'd reciprocated.

Well I'm now a big 'ole pile of mush! [face_love] Those two lines are beautiful!

Keep up the fantastic mush, Jade !!

16. pinkpearl89

pinkpearl89 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2010
    "The kids are with the Fels tonight." He murmured, nibbling her earlobe.

Hahahahaha, I just loved that. It's only fair that they have to babysit his kids when he spent a couple years of basically babysitting Jaina...

Update soon!

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all! pearl & Kailene and other J/Jers out there, I was ecstatic to feature them in these. :D

~~~~~~!!!

Jaina would not admit it, but she had a holocube of Jag on her desk, right after they met in fact...she commandeered one off the 'net.

It showed him in a casual moment, wearing a well-fitted sporting outfit that showed his physique to perfection.

His green eyes danced at something someone off-camera was saying.

When they started dating and she showed it to him, he just smirked and squeezed her.

~~

The candles floated in holders of a lovely, translucent sphere shape.

The flames caught in Jaina's dark eyes and shone off her bare shoulders.

Jag thought she'd never looked more lovely.

The ring in a box tucked in his pocket -- could he wait until after dinner to ... offer it to her?

~

Jag took a happy lick of his flavored cone of a frosty confection.

Jaina grinned as she looped her arm through his.

"Let's head out toward the beach," She suggested, her ring sparkling as it caught the sunlight.

He smiled. After her eager "yes" a week before, she'd had him wrapped even more snugly around her finger.

~

Jaina's double-bladed silver-blue lightsaber was encased in a cylinder with stones of topaz and gold.

It was a weapon she wielded with honor and pride, first for the Jedi and then for the Imperial Knights.

It also served as a symbol for her role as founder of the Knights.

~

The pyramid to Luke and Leia's contributions was an obelisk engraved with their names and many achievements.

It was something they eschewed vigoroulsy, but which the citizens of many worlds clamored to have built in their honor and in the name of the many personal and public sacrifices they had made for the welfare of many, many beings, as well as for the peace they had fought so hard to win.

+++++

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    WOW you are quick.[face_dancing]=D=

Lovely moments for Jaina and Jag and excellent use of the prompts.

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Wonderful moments!

[face_love] :*

20. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Have been following along and loving muchly the adventures you're taking us on. :) [:D] [face_laugh] [face_love] [:D]

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the great reviews!

A/N: Unless the prompts won't allow, LOL the next 12 weeks will have either an L/M or Kyp/Liz focus. And depending on the themes, a coherent thread of action/plotting for that week, much like "Incandescence" or "Bird Bits". :D

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Week #9:

~~~~~

Who? Who was that lovely vision in the sleeveless, low-cut dress? Could it be Mara? Luke wondered: Has she always been so gorgeous? Why didn't I notice before?

It was one of those run-of-the-mill, obligatory functions ... until she came in, and lit up the room.

Luke needed to pick his jaw off the floor...

The jewelry she wore accented her slender throat and brought out the lovely green of her eyes, which matched her name.

He wondered if he dared ask her to dance?

~

What am I doing here? Mara wondered. She was here to mingle and greet for Karrde...that was all.

She certainly did not hope to -- accidentally run into a certain someone.

Of course not!

Then, why did her eyes seem to be drawn to him the instant she walked in the room?

Best not to dwell on that one too closely.

~
    "Hi, Mara. When did you get in?"

"Hello, Luke... I arrived just this morning..."

"Here long?" Luke twirled his glass of fizzpop idly, as if the answer were not vastly important.

Mara answered: "Just a couple of days. Karrde's meeting me back here. He had to make a quick stop on Moniron."

"Would...would you like to dance?" Luke suddenly blurted.

~
    Where had that come from? Mara wondered, surprised.

She thought of a million answers--a quip about "I didn't know you knew how." -- to a direct demurral.

But shockingly, she found herself nodding in agreement, much to Luke's delight, and her bafflement.

The dance was a slow one, so he had to hold her...

~
    Mara and Luke both now wondered why?

Luke's why was connected to "Why didn't I ever ask her to dance before now?" Holding her warm silkiness was exhilarating!

And she had to wonder: "Why didn't I notice before how -- well-toned and fit he is?" Being held this near was ... something she had thought to avoid like the Kyrosian Plague, but it actually felt -- nice more than nice.

That dance led to several more that evening, and to neither one being able to get the other out of their heads for more than a handful of moments, without a great deal of effort.

++++

Oh, yes, I did love these prompts!

[face_dancing]

[face_dancing]

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    These have melted me to the core :D

So wonderful!

[face_love] :* [face_love]

24. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I LOVE the very first one! So romantic and simple [face_love] Lol, I have a lot to catch up on

**And she grinned... those same hands could really make her feel quite fantabulous, as well.**

Lol, lovely! :D

25. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Those were great. [face_love]