main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Sweet Surrender (songfic) [Anakin]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SWpants, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I put this up on the DLC and a few people liked it enough so I'm putting it here too :)

It's my first time posting an actual fic in The Saga section too

Title: Sweet Surrender (songfic)
    Author: SWpants666
    Timeframe: PT
    Character: Anakin Skywalker
    Notes:
    Thanks to Fireyforce from the DLC who posted the song (I looked up the lyrics and made very minor changes) and gave me a plot bunny

Sorry if it kind of sucks a bit.
    Also, the way Anakin talks to himself is the way that I think people usually talk to themselves: like one moment you're all like "I can't believe he said that" and then you go "Mr. Joe Bob why did you say that."
    Or maybe I'm just screwed up :p
    Disclaimer: The song "Sweet Surrender" is by Sarah McLachlan
    Star Wars isn't mine, it belongs to The Man

?And don?t look back. Don?t look back.?

Those were the hardest directions I?ve ever had to follow. Watto has told me to do pretty harsh things, but at the end of the day, I knew I could always run to my mom and have her with me. And now she?s telling me to not look back.

It doesn't mean much
    It doesn't mean anything at all
    The life I've left behind me
    Is a cold room

There wasn?t much to pack, but when I was finished, my room looked empty. Even all of the things I?ve created in my short life seemed lonely without my few clothes thrown on the floor.

I hope mom finds use of my creations. I hope she doesn?t feel attached to them, and sells whatever she has to if she needs money. However, I don?t want her to sell C-3PO. I hope he can help her.

I've crossed the last line
    From where I can't return
    Where every step I took in faith
    Betrayed me
    And led me from my home

Sure, I?ve always wanted to be a Jedi. I dream I?m a Jedi quite frequently. And I?ve always known I would have to be separated from mom. I never realized my dreams would clash with my fears and I would have to make a difficult decision.

I?m leaving mom here, all by herself. She?s not going to have anyone to keep her company at night. The only being she?ll be able to rely on is Watto, and that?s not saying much. I?m leaving her to die on this desolate planet while I go out to live a fun, exciting life. It?s not fair. I?m breaking her heart.

And sweet surrender
    is all that I have to give

I have to listen to her, though. I?ve never disobeyed her. So I?ll keep my eyes on Qui-Gon?s back and follow him to his ship.

Where Padmé is.
    And I don?t hesitate when Qui-Gon tells me to drop. Ah, shavit?what is that monster?

You take me in
    no questions asked
    you strip away the ugliness
    that surrounds me

Qui-Gon?s apprentice, Obi-Wan doesn?t seem happy to see that Qui-Gon has taken me away from my home. But I only sense jealousy in that Qui-Gon is paying more attention to me than Obi-Wan.

Here I am, a little boy of nine-years-old and I?m getting in everyone?s way. They don?t seem to mind though. In fact, I think they?re happy to see me here. They?re taking me away from gangsters and bringing me to a place where my life can start anew.

(Who are you?)
    Are you an angel?
    Am I already that gone?
    I only hope
    that I won't disappoint you
    when I'm down here
    on my knees

It?s kriffing cold here. I wish I had never left Tatooine and my mother, and?

And there?s Padmé. Gods, she looks so beautiful. I can?t believe I asked her if she was an angel. I can?t believe I told her that she was beautiful. That?s all she needs- a child hitting on her. Especially one who she just met.

Yet she still comes over to me and comforts me. I give her a Japor snippet to give her luck. I know she needs all the help she could get. I wish I could help her. But I?m going to be a Jedi. Maybe when I?m older, more experienced in life, our paths will cross again and she will see that I?m not always going to be a little boy.

(Who are you?)
    And sweet surrender
    Is all that I have to give

(Who are you?)
    Sweet surrender
    Is all that

2. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    How cool!

I really like how you structured this.
    Nice work!

3. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Thanks! :)

4. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    This was amazing=D= . I loved it[face_love] .

You manage to write down Anakins entire life in a short fic in a way so that you didn?t forget his emotions, dose this make any since? Well, I loved it, can?t say it enough.

Wonderful job SWpants666=D= .

5. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004

I am no longer a naïve child. I?m only a slave to hatred. This is my life now.

How true. :( Great job!

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    very nice job on this.

I like how you went from Anakin as a slave to his fall.

=D= =D= =D=

7. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004

haha, yes, you do make sense. I'm actually surprised that I was able to wrap it all up in just a songfic. :)
    And thanks a ton!

yeah, it's very upsetting that that's what happened.
    Poor Anakin

Thank you so much! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.