main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends SWEET THINGS - Reposted for Valentine's Day. Anakin/Tahiri

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tahi, Feb 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Title: Sweet Things
    Author:Tahi
    Genre: Romance
    Characters: Anakin and Tahiri
    Notes: I wrote this for Valentine's Day last year, but decided to give it another run this year. You can't get too much A and T. :)

Sweet Things

Tahiri was annoyed. She had looked for Anakin in all the usual places but she couldn?t find him anywhere. It was especially annoying as she was sure that when Anakin told her at lunch that he had some jobs to do for his uncle, that they had agreed to meet at dinner ? but when she had turned up in the large dining room there was no sign of him. Jacen and Jaina had been there, along with Tenel Ka, Raynar Thul, Eryl Beesa and several of the other young Jedi who had arrived on Eclipse recently. She considered asking them if they?d seen Anakin, but then decided to find Master Skywalker as it was possible Anakin was still with him, but he was nowhere to be found either.

She wondered if perhaps Anakin had been called to the laboratory, and then, when she hadn?t found him there, it had occurred to her that he might be in the hangar working on his X Wing. That would make sense, she thought. When Anakin got busy with anything mechanical, time usually ceased to exist for him. It was quite likely he had started doing some simple maintenance job and then decided to perform a major overhaul. Of course, he would have been so busy enjoying playing around with hydrospanners and grommets that he would have forgotten about time and dinner.

She hurried down the corridor and waited for the turbo-lift. It was ironic really because that morning she had had to be quite devious in order to get rid of him, telling him that she had promised Eryl some help with cleaning the refreshers. Usually she and Anakin spent the days together, training, helping out with the various maintenance tasks required to keep Eclipse functioning and, since very recently, aiding Cilgal with her research on the terrible creatures known as voxyn. It was a bad time to be a Jedi, as the galaxy seemed rather to have turned against them.

That was why she had cheered up considerably when she had noticed a small article on the main HoloNet news page a few days ago. It was a reminder to all Corellians about one of their favourite celebrations ? Valentine?s Day. Apparently on Valentine?s Day Corellians indulged their more romantic leanings and sent cards, flowers, sweets or just greetings to their loved one. Tahiri had decided right there and then that, although she wasn?t Corellian, she was going to celebrate Valentine?s Day. It sounded like fun, and fun was something she and Anakin hadn?t been able to have much of. And anyway ? Anakin was half Corellian. It would be a nice surprise for him.

The only problem she?d had was deciding what to give him, as it wasn?t exactly easy for her to rush out to the shops and buy a present. There were no shops. In fact there was no planet nearby that had shops. Eclipse was of necessity far from anything resembling civilisation ? its purpose being that of a safe refuge for the Jedi. She had just about given up on the idea when she suddenly remembered some of the conversations she and Anakin had had with Corran on their trip to Eriadu a while ago. Somehow or other the conversation had turned to Corellia ? in fact she seemed to recall Anakin asking Corran to tell them about it. Anakin had been to the Corellian system once when he was younger, but Corran had lived there until he was nearly twenty, so he knew quite a lot of interesting things about it. Along with some of the political facts, he had also told them about some of the things he missed ? one of them being some of the special Corellian foods.

Inspired, Tahiri had searched some of the culinary sites on the HoloNet until she had found what she wanted ? a recipe for a particular Corellian delicacy she had remembered Corran waxing lyrical about. After she and Anakin had had breakfast, and she had pretended to go to meet Eryl, she had set to work in the kitchen. She had enlisted the help of one of the cheery

2. Rogue_of-Peace

Rogue_of-Peace Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    ::as the:heckler from the back row:: Yes you can!

::as your supporter:: Hey, you, shut up! :p

I remember this one. Mmmm... double ryshcates... reminds me, my brothers 21st is tomorrow. Mmmm..... Angelfood cake....

How sweet, just like the cakes. Though with two cakes, I'd have to be careful how much I'd consume, with the alcohol inside.

3. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    I remember this................

and I read your other fic 2.

Good jon Tahi.

4. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    awww, that was really sweet, Tahi :) thanks for reposting it for those of us who weren't here a year ago :D It makes sense that they would plan the same thing and really shows just how strong their connection is :)

She was the sort who would act to satisfy her own desires and worry about the consequences later.

yeah, maybe he should be dating Alema :cool:

:p

Great post :D

5. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    Aw, Tahi, that was sweet. [face_love] Those two are so cute. You wrote them perfectly. See what you did, now I'm in a romantic mood. :p

6. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Rogue LOL - ah, hecklers! Wish I could come up with a good Eddie Izzard-style retort. Hope the 21st goes off well. Yum - Angel Food Cake. Er, yes - alcohol. Our Xmas cake this year was a little "strong". ;) It certainly made everyone merry anyway.

3MD Thanks. I did want to write a new one for this year - but set myself a challenge to write for a different couple. I'm doing one about Vua Rapuung and Mezhan Kwaad instead. Just hope I get it finished in time!!!

The idea I had for the A/T one will actually fit in nicely with the ending of MHR. So it won't be wasted.

Yoda Yup - I realised that quite a few of you weren't here last year. Good excuse to be lazy, huh? :) Got an idea for an Oasis one for next year. :D

Destiny Thanks. :) Anakin and Tahiri are sweet together. Not the NJO consortium seems to care. [sniff]

7. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    :D Oh goodie, an A/T romance.

I loved this fic the first time around, and I'm really glad you decided to repost it this year! It really puts me in the Valentine's Day mood, even if it is the day after. Great job, Tahi!

8. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Thanks, Lonewolf. :) I'll have to write a new one next year. ;)

9. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
  10. SupremeOverlordZar

SupremeOverlordZar Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2003
    "Anakin Solo, are you planning on getting me tipsy? [face_laugh] Best line in this story,hands down.I read this last year and loved it.Glad you reposted it.

11. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Thanks, Yoda and Zar. :) Just as well Tahiri can read Anakin like a book. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.