main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWG Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by moonz74, Nov 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_FattyAss

Darth_FattyAss Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2002
    I have to say that it's not that often that you hear that someone has 'pondered' something. May to go Skull!

2. NewWorldOrder

NewWorldOrder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    I just bought the game again just for this. here's to hopin it's good.

I've always kinda missed the game(i love to explore the galaxy)

should be interesting.

3. Leonidas

Leonidas Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2003
    I've played on TC6. The NGE is ok. I think it takes a lot OUT of the game, though, and what it adds isn't enough to make up for it.

I also think that 50% of the people on every server will respec to Jedi, and that at least 50% of the newbies on every server will start out as level 1 Jedi. That will be boring as sin.

4. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    I know the game will be full of force users running amok.

5. NewWorldOrder

Jul 20, 2005
    got done playin on test and i really like it.(when the bugs come out even better)

yes jedi will be everywhere and if they are i think they need to put mega content in for em.

I will get 2 accounts if i really like the NGE and be a spy as well.

6. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    you know, I despised Jedi all this time

but I might respec to it, because honestly, it looks like the most interesting of those classes [face_frustrated]

7. NewWorldOrder

Jul 20, 2005
    already was my friend already was.

more you say now? yes! But now we wont have to hear bitching about the village, the holos, the grind etc. and no more carrot for them to dangle.

I just hope they put in FUN quests(for jedi) and even more content.

8. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    They should make it really difficult to become a powerful force user. i.e. everyone can choose the jedi class and reap some of the benefits, but they must stop the game from becoming full of Yodas, Maces, Dookus and Palpatines e.t.c.

Force users can still do so much more, smuggle, bounty hunt, mercenry, spy, politician but not all should become top level force users. If that is allowed it will spoil the game.

Does anyone know the best server? I from england if that matters?

9. DarthMaul32

DarthMaul32 Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2005
    no when it hits out live servers, the level your character was will stay i hear so if you want to be a jedi you are a level 80 jedi, but there is some new ionic proffesions that looks better then jedi such as spy or officer, officer can do planertary bombards sounds wicked awesome. But if a newbie starts out as a jedi there is no point to being a level 1 jedi, to gett xp you need to do quest and stuf. So can you imagine a level 60 or lower jedi doing a hard mission no, so i bet when you try out being a level 1 jedi or more youll probably despise it. But if im wrong on being your same level then i didnt read right and it will not be fun grinding again.

10. DarthMaul32

DarthMaul32 Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2005
    um all you people bitching about a monthly fee, go buy a gamecard woopy there 30 dollars and the montly fee for SWG isnt 30 bucks its actually 15

11. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    This sounds like quite the change. The only thing that has me cautious is the targeting system. Do you "lock" into combat, or can you shoot at anyone at any time for any reason?

EDIT: Overall, though, this is the direction they should have taken the game in to begin with. Star Wars is based on an action movie franchise, and a lot of the RPG elements they have in the game should remain, but it should be still geared towards being a cinematic all-out galactic war.

I just hope this means I don't have to click my mouse a thousand times to kill one Stormtrooper.

12. CodyDog

CodyDog Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2005
    I'm in for the long haul. I love SW, and I've got enough close guildmates and friends to stick around. That, and I've never gone the jedi route, so I'm not losing a whole lot, and we're big on space PvP these days, which isn't changing much. I love StarSider, and I'm staying. (And I had a good time playing around on TC with the new stuff)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.