main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWG: June 26th Release Date

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by chld-dark, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chld-dark

chld-dark Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2003
    See

http://www.starwarsgalaxies.com

for more details.

Who's going to play? Do you guys want to play on the same server? I have a group of about 5 guys who will be playing toward creating a player association and other stuff.

-Dark-

2. chld-dark

chld-dark Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2003
    Server names:

1. Ahazi US West Coast
    2. Bloodfin US East Coast
    3. Bria US West Coast - Currently the Beta Server
    4. Chilastra US East Coast
    5. Corbantis US West Coast
    6. Eclipse US East Coast
    7. Flurry US West Coast
    8. Gorath US East Coast
    9. Intrepid US West Coast
    10. Kauri US East Coast
    11. Kettemoor US West Coast
    12. Lowca US East Coast
    13. Naritus US West Coast
    14. Radiant US East Coast
    15. Scylla US West Coast
    16. Starsider US East Coast
    17. Sunrunner US West Coast
    18. Tarquinas US East Coast
    19. Valcyn US West Coast
    20. Wanderhome US East Coast

-Dark-

3. chld-dark

chld-dark Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2003
    So far we're leaning towards.

6. Eclipse US East Coast

----

-Dark-

4. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Sounds good to me. I'm planning on getting it as soon as I can.

5. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I plan to get in on this game as soon as I can afford to buy it and get broadband. Right now, my dialup wouldn't allow for anything decent so I may be out of it for a while. Yes, I like the idea of playing the game with a bunch of friends.

Are we sure that this is the true release date? I thought that this was the announced date earlier and that they weren't sure when they were going to get it out.

6. chld-dark

chld-dark Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2003
    This is as offical as it gets. Lucas Arts is who released the press release, so likely I'd say that this is real.

The developers on the forum all seem to have the same information.

Basically they have 1 week to get the major bugs fixed. Everything else can be patched post release.

-Dark-

7. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Actually, with it being officially announced on Monday and the release date being next Thursday, then it's more than likely in the hands of the manufacturers and packagers already. I don't like the idea of getting a game out to market just to make a date it's got bugs and glitches. Of course, this is all pretty moot for me, as I don't have the money for even the regular version, let alone the collector's edition that I was hoping for. Plus I just remembered that I don't think it'll run on my PC as it is currently configured. Do we know what the requirements are for the game?

Why does it stink like Lucasarts is still trying to compete with the Star Trek franchise? They are releasing a much awaited sequel on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

EDIT---

Just looked and found the system reqs. As it turns out, I am better than I thought, but still fall short of what they are calling for. I am short memory, processor speed, and connection speed (of course). I don't have the time or money to upgrade my CPU and mobo, and even as cheap as memory is right now, I don't have th funds for it. I either need a new system or a lot of upgrades to my current PC.

8. chld-dark

chld-dark Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2003
    Well, change of plans. We're going to be playing on..

Chilastra - US East Coast

The other US East Coast servers have designations like "UK Server" and we wanted a population that played in our time zone, therefore making it easier to have fun.

-Dark-

9. chld-dark

chld-dark Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2003
    Tomorrow!

Bloody pre-order is in the mail. Likely I won't have it till Friday, but I have to work tomorrow, so it's a moot point.

-Dark-

10. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I think I may pick up the collector's edition Friday, but won't open it until I have the money to get the needed upgrades. 'Course I hope that's before the time I would have to return it for refund...

11. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    If I can find it around here tomorrow I might just pick it up..

12. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Well, EB at York Galleria said that they would be getting them in Thursday, but weren't sure how many of the Collector's Edition they would have.

13. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Unfotunately I think the collector's edition is out of my price range.. it would be nice though..

14. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    It's only $20 more than the regular version and you get so much more for the extra cash.

15. LadyMischief

LadyMischief Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2003
    What does the Collectors Edition have that's different than the original? I don't want to pay 20 extra dollars for something stupid like a little figurine.

16. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    If these are examples of what's gonna happen with SWG I may just wait to get it..

fjk1138 writes:

"So far I have installed the game and got about 1/2 way through the registration process and it keeps giving me errors. Until you register the game, you cannot even see what it looks like, nor can you make any control, video, or audio setups.
    I bought the collector's edition and so far I cannot even see what it looks like. If you are trying to sign up, keep your manual handy. You might get through all 192 pages. I tried a live chat with a Sony CSR and they have a pre-written response that they paste in and send to you (to) "keep trying" and to reboot. This sucks! 1 hr 45 minutes and counting..."

Tahigwa adds:
    "This game was released with very little concern for its inevitable traffic to join up. I have wasted the better part of a day, just trying to subscribe. I ALMOST created a character and haven?t even sniffed any sort of gameplay.
    The galaxy servers keep going offline and the simple login servers to identify and choose a player type have been off and on for the past hour. From the looks of the forums on the official site, I am one of the thousands who are having an undesirable first experience."

17. chld-dark

chld-dark Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2003
    This is actually pretty standard for massive online games like this. The first week or so, of Everquest, DAOC, and even Ultima Online, were all the same. The servers crashed, the database went down, and it was buggy.

The problem is, they prepared the servers based on the load test of a few thousand people. Then they sold 250,000 copies of the game (sold out actually).

The numbers were just too much for the registration servers to take.

From what 2 of my friends said, whom actually got into the game, that once there, it was fine, it was the registration process that killed it.

Ah well, I'm still going to be playing as soon as I receive my copy today. I love being at the head of things like this. :0)

-dark-

18. Muasue

Muasue Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2003
    Rebel_Spook: If you need help with the computer,My dad would be glad to help.We have all sorts of things and right now...We have no where to put it.I might have the parts you need. HEEHEEHEEHEE Maybe you can come over,for the parts you need.
    As for the game,I'd love to play it with friends.I don't have it yet. :_| I plan to,but money is the problem,I don't know how much it is. I might be able to buy it from a site I found.Has a bunch of new and old games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.