main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Swings and Roundabouts (JA - RR) *Final post *

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jemmiah, Nov 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    WHATCHA?! Hilarious first post, rather bewildering end to the second post, nice line about the lipstick application. will someone post more to make me cheer up? I've been in bed 5 days now.

2. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Eeek! 5 days?!? That's nasty...you have my sympathy!

I'm afraid however that I decided I was neglecting the Snapshots so I found myself writing on that thread instead! So, anyone who was looking for a post on Swings & Roundabouts, could I persuade you to take a peek in Jedi Snapshots? Pretty please? *makes begging eyes*

PS: Don't read the snapshot if you think you're maybe easily prone to crying. I don't think it's terribly sad but it might be to others...

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Lol. I told one of my former apprentices that I knew I was sick for one reason (other than the fact that I was in the hospital on wednesday. I have a kidney infection among other problems): I started crying during a sappy movie. I NEVER CRY AT MOVIES! I'll go read the snapshot, see if I'm getting better.

4. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Just dropping in to let you know that I'm still here and I'm still reading. With only 20 more days of school left for Mini Mouse DRL had been quite hectic as of late.

I will certainly do my best to keep up and reply more often, but I'm not making any promnises. ;)

Outstanding posts all!!

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Minimouse, heehee!

6. Labria_uk

Labria_uk Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2000
    I wonder what the trio is up to and who got shot?

7. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posting early today! :)

Total pandemonium was the expression that sprung to Jemmiah's mind as she watched the chaos spreading from one end of the tunnel to the other. People were shrieking, hands were being thrown over eyes - and gun toting security droids stood on pincered, spindly legs, spread out in a circle to cover anybody who so much as twitched a muscle. It might, she reasoned cautiously, be a good idea not to make any sudden or unexpected moves. She certainly had no plans to join the unfortunate if extremely stupid man who'd made a dash for the tunnel's exit; shot in the back as he'd pushed his way past Qui-Gon, heading for the daylight outside the mouth of the building.

From outside Jemmiah could hear the confused babble of those waiting to take their place on the ride, expecting half an hour of fun and frolicking: they were certainly in for an unexpected bonus! Exchanging a nervy glance with Obi-Wan, Jemmiah could make out the shapes of those curious and nosy individuals standing on tiptoes behind the circle of security droids, clearly trying to work out the nature of the disturbance.

Qui-Gon's lips thinned with disapproval, folding his arms in the manner he would sometimes adopt when showing Jemmiah he was thoroughly unhappy with something she'd done. Somehow he didn't think that it would have the same effect on the metal protagonists as it did on his young ward, but at least it provided a clear indication of the way that he felt.

"Was that utterly necessary?" Qui-Gon asked the droid officer nearest to him. "I'm sure that your fellow law enforcers might have handled that in a more delicate fashion, especially given that this is an enclosed space full of people on the verge of near panic." He was tempted to add "thanks to your incompetent actions" but decided that diplomacy was the best way out of his current predicament.

"He was attempting to resist arrest." Came back a distinctly disinterested reply issued through a grating vocoder that only served to make the answer even more cruel and dispassionate. "The presence of the droids on the side of the car indicated that this man was wanted for numerous offences. And we have reason to believe that he has been involved in other incidents within the park, the investigation of which he might also be able to help us with."

"Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?" Qui-Gon asked caustically. "Or do the principles of law and justice mean nothing to CorSec these days?"

"Standard procedure indicates that when an individual attempts to resist arrest they may be captured by use of a stun shot. My fellow enforcement droids were obeying the letter of the law to the benefit of public safety. There is nothing for you to be concerned about." The droid's red, lamp like eyes turned to observe Qui-Gon, taking in every detail and noting every comment that the man made. "You are a Jedi Knight are you not? We have had reports of Jedi causing disturbances?"

Forgetting her earlier vow not to interfere Jemmiah instantly swooped to Qui-Gon's rescue, pushing her way to the front and placing herself between the master and the security droid. It was a wasted gesture in terms of practicality because the droid officer could simply have fired a single stun shot over her head to take Qui-Gon out if he so wished, not to mention the fact that there were several other armed droid enforcers standing about the tunnel's mouth - with their blasters now all fully trained on her! But if somebody didn't do something quickly?

"Ah, there you are!" Jemmiah exclaimed, hooking her hand through Qui-Gon's arm. "We've been searching everywhere for you, brother!"

"Halt!" The droid officer replied, fixing its imperious red stare upon Jemmiah. "Nobody is to move until my superior officers arrive. Return at once to your place for your own safety."

"Oh?" Jemmiah looked surprised. "I'm sorry. It's just that I thought I heard you say that my friend here was a Jedi Knight and I felt that I was obliged to correct you on that point. For the sake of giving you the righ

8. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    ROFLOL!! The return of Bull Neck!! I can't wait to see how Qui gets out of this. ;)

Maybe Jemmy can think of something else to get him out of it. As Qui-GOn could tell she's quite good at thinking on her feet. :)

Faboo post Jem!! And when you say early, you mean early! LOL!!

9. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Am totally behind! :( Hope to catch up soon! :)

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    ODM! Bull-neck again. Jemmy and the monk thing was great! Reminded me of Aladdin.

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    LOL, I enjoy that Jay is concerned about Dex knocking on his door! 'rose again' 'kneaded', shall I groan again??? Shot??? Again the only thing good about being behind is the ability not to be left hanging on cliff...

Everyone knows Jedi have as much romance in their soul as a wooden plank."-- hey wait one darn minute!!! Touche that Jem bring up Gurolias as Qui-Gon feared a wedding. LOL!

12. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000

If he saw them, the game was up. Qui-Gon knew the man would go out of his way to gain revenge for the catalogue of misfortunes that had befallen him thanks in general to the Jedi and specifically to himself, Dex and Lilith. Instantly thoughts of annoyance at Demodae's presence in the park were pushed to one side. Not even the redoubtable Lilith's smuggler's skills and gift of the gab would save her if Bull Neck caught sight of her. Could they warn her? Perhaps they could tell Krelo?

Force! Krelo had been there the night of the man's humiliation too?

Jemmiah - he had a sworn statement from her that had given her identity as Jaina Moran. When her declaration given to the droid officer was read out regarding Qui-Gon's non-Jedi status he would have her sent down for perverting the course of justice! Obi-Wan he would also recognise: the boy had helped to toss the man up the top of a statue in a fountain: was it likely he'd forget that? Qui-Gon was sure he'd remember somebody who did that! And to make matters worse, Dex Berlingside and Leona - or should that be Lola Devine - were ambling round the park at that very moment! If the security officers caught up with them?

Qui-Gon turned to Obi-Wan to send him a warning, but the padawan was already alert to the danger and had moved closer to the mouth of the tunnel, evidently working on a plan of his own.

"Get ready." Qui-Gon whispered in Jemmiah's ear, bending down low so that he wouldn't be directly in view of the pugnacious officer when he appeared. "Stay next to me and when I say go?"

"Hey, this is just like old times!" Jemmiah grinned inappropriately.

Qui-Gon saw Bull Neck suddenly push his way between the last two droids, shoved Jemmiah's head down low and watched as Obi-Wan cast the droid enforcers to one side with a force push that sent the robots clattering against the wall, buckling from the strength of impact. At the same time the padawan stretched his hand forth as if commanding something to happen and Jemmiah tried to fight Qui-Gon's powerful hand upon the crown of her head so that she could see exactly what her lover was up to?

"What in burning blazes is going on?" Yelled Bull Neck, staring at the prone droids on the ground. "Who gave you permission to sleep on the job? Get your worthless metal hides off the floor before I have you busted down to the level of drinks dispenser!"

"NOW!" Jinn hissed propelling Jemmiah towards the exit, the hand dropping from her head to her waist.

Jemmiah ran forwards, matching Qui-Gon's pace as they charge to the exit and looked up, just in time to see the neon display lights at the mouth of the queue change from NO ENTRY to NEXT FIFTY PEOPLE STEP FORWARD. As the excitable individuals pushed their way in Qui-Gon, Jemmiah and Obi-Wan battled their way out: the latter managing to execute a rather impressive series of summersaults in order to leap over the heads of those in the throng. He spun, he twisted?at one point he even brought the tips of his boots down on somebody's head, springing off them as if they were a fitness and training vault one might find in the temple gymnasium. Landing with an oomph, Obi-Wan casually brushed down his light blue tunic and casually slipped himself amongst the oblivious and happy day-trippers outside in the bright afternoon sun. Ahead he could see Qui-Gon slowing down to a brisk walk so as not to attract attention, forcing Jemmiah to do the exact same. Great minds evidently thought alike.

"Who let those people in here!!!" Screamed Bull Neck, the last thing Obi-Wan heard before the man's impotent raging was swallowed up by the noise outside the Tunnel. "Stop that man - the one in the blue! Who was that?"

"I believe he was one of the party accompanying the Gurolian priest." The droid enforcer replied, red eyes flaring. "Although I personally can't understand why a priest would want to visit the Tunnel of Love any more than a Jedi Knight would?"

Bull Neck's head just about exploded.

"Jedi?!?" He shrieked. "Did you say Jedi? In here? With us? And you did nothing abou

13. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, Qui does the gentlemenly thing and thinks of warning his almost nemesis. [face_love] [face_love] "Hey, this is just like old times!" Jemmiah grinned inappropriately.--I'm with her in enjoying this. Heh, heh, love the flips over the crowd Obi-Wan does.

What a delightful post to begin my morning!! Thanks Jemmiah!! :) :)

14. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    [face_laugh] Why do you think I'm sending you?

15. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    I love Jemmy's argument of why they need to go get her chair. Not that the fact her feet hurt should have made them do it in the first place.

Obi, I just have one thing to say to you... Sucker!! :p

Faboo Jem!!

16. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posting earlier again today. Not sure that I'll be able to post tomorrow, although I will try to get a short post done. :)

Leona had been finding it difficult to keep the smile from her face.

It wasn't every day that the Jedi managed to have a day to themselves, away from the pressures of every day life. Not that she would ever consider swapping that existence for anything different, nor could she imagine her life being any other way. Yet perhaps it was moments such as this, away from the intensity of infirmary life, which helped her to reflect how truly rewarding she considered her vocation to be. Frivolity and gadding about were all fine and well, but it was back at the temple helping to ease the suffering of those less fortunate than herself where Leona really felt most comfortable.

That said, when the occasional chance to have a break presented itself she certainly wasn't about to turn it down. In a purely medical capacity, if for no other reason: everyone needed some time to relax. Perhaps the amusement parks weren't first on the council's list of places to go and see when applying for a day away from Jedi duties but who was she to complain? Especially when she was having the time of her life! Dimallie was grinning from ear to ear just being able to see how relaxed her master was - and the girl's merriment was proving highly infectious, for the more her padawan smiled the more Leona in turn began to feel that the day would be one of the high spots of her year.

If they could stop Qui-Gon from killing his apprentice, that was.

"You're really enjoying yourself, aren't you?" Leona asked Dimallie, whose cheeks were puffed full of Candyfloss. "I suppose it will be something to tell the banister-sliding initiates when they come in for treatment on their cut knees! After all, who would believe that I of all people had a go on the dodgems! You know, I think people mistake my small height for timidity." The healer mused, reaching out with her fingers to pull a large sugary strand of pink floss from the stick, placing it on her tongue and rolling it round in her mouth until it melted in a caramelised lake of sweetness. "It's good for speaking to the crechelings. They seem to think I'm some kind of cuddly Ewok or something?it makes them relaxed, like their speaking to someone they can instantly trust. But it does have its disadvantages when speaking to young padawans that are already taller than you are!"

"And even taller masters." Dimallie commented innocently. "Difficult to get them to do as you tell them. Especially when they insist on jumping around on the kids' inflatable bouncy castle! How long did it take us to drag Master Berlingside away?" Leona shook her head and laughed again at the image, and Dimallie permitted herself to observe; "He missed his vocation, I think. He should have been a crèche master like nanny Evla. Like yourself, children just seem to instinctively like him."

"He's certainly at home with the children, sure enough." Leona smirked. "And I'm sure the moment that we manage to tempt him away from the roller-boards in the children's play area he'll be able to tell you as much - ah, talking of which?"

Dimallie looked over her shoulder and was treated to the edifying sight of seeing a distinctly peeved looking Master Berlingside making his way towards them through the crowd, the bright orange crash helmet he'd borrowed for the occasion of the roller-boarding contest welded tight against his head. Removing his left glove and smacking it down hard into the palm of his other hand, Dex strode briskly up to the astounded Dimallie, Mia and Rem.

"I don't believe it!" He declared with a growl of disgust. "Can you believe it?!? They disqualified me!"

"It might have something to do with the fact that you are over the age of twelve, if you'll forgive me for saying, Master Berlingside." Mia bit down on her lip to stifle her laughter.

Dex stared at her as if she'd openly spoken treason. "I was born on a Corellian leap year. Technically I'm only five."

"That accounts f

17. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Jemmiah - Still, it had been so long since he'd seen any action she doubted he'd even recognise what the shapes were supposed to represent? - Not if Leona has her way! "Must be something of a record. If this goes to trial, will you consider saying it was ten?" - Is Obi-Wan going for legen status at the Temple?

Especially when they insist on jumping around on the kids' inflatable bouncy castle! - ROTFL! Can just see Dex doing that! I was born on a Corellian leap year. Technically I'm only five." - He did tell Qui-Gon that there was a 5 in his age, so he wasn't lying! OMG - what's happening? What has upset Dex?

18. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Thanks Sabe :)

No post tonight as anticipated: had rather a busy day today and no time in which to write anything. Should be able to pick up from where I left off tomorrow though. :)

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    "Technically, I'm only five"--FREDERICK IS REALLY DEXY! "How quaint the ways of paradox, at common sense she gaily mocks, though counting in the usual way, years twenty-one I've been alive, yet reckoning by my natal day I am a little boy of FIVE!"

20. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    It's such a hoot to watch Dex in action... there's a man who knows how to play. :D :D

"I was born on a Corellian leap year. Technically I'm only five." "That accounts for it." Leona whispered to Dimallie, winking at the gleeful padawan. A bit too early to laugh as long and loud as I did. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh dear... you just have to go and completely reverse the whole tone of this post with that end.

21. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    LOLOL, Ish! I've always been a Gilbert & Sullivan fan and I just couldn't resist using that reference to 'The Pirates of Penzance!' Of course, Dex is roughly 50 years of age in this story so his mathematics is completely shot, but perhaps we can put that down to Corellian vanity, lol!

There was also a bit of a Billy Connolly reference in there, too - I'm sure Calam and all the other "jolly lassies" will get it ;)

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Jem, you so have to read Jedi: The Musical. The entire thing is a parody of Pirates of Penzance. I've been a fan of that since I was able to walk--we have videos of me wandering around at the age of three, singing "Poor Wand'ring One" and "When you had left our pirate's fold" (though I couldn't understand what a paradox was, so I sang "A pair of socks, a pair of socks, a most ingenious pair of socks...").

23. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Cool, Ish - I'm there! Love Pirates, especially the Pirate King and his weakness for Orphans! (Reminds me of Quiggy!)

Qui-Gon sat down on the bench, carefully folding his robe beneath him, taking his time to casually stretch one foot out over the other. Always observing, always taking everything in all around him, the Jedi rested his back against the hard sculptured metal, content that for the moment the immediate threat to Jemmiah and himself had passed. Security personnel were after all far more likely to be looking for two fleeing fugitives rather than persons sitting casually on a bench, watching the world go by?

And it wasn't an unpleasant feeling either: relaxing in the mid-afternoon sun: shaded by the giant overhanging Korrassi palms, the mixed scents of Nerf burgers, spiced gourals, Corellian sucrella and candyfloss drifting gently along from the food kiosks, making Qui-Gon uncharacteristically hungry. Never regarding himself as a big eater - although always one to enjoy a well-prepared meal - the master found himself strangely tempted to break his own cardinal 'no snacking' rule. It hardly seemed to matter when the whole day had consisted of picking his way through a minefield of broken rules - the regulations by which he governed his life. He had after all sworn he'd never set foot in the place again.

Never swear something you had no control over, he thought. It would surely come back to haunt you.

There were swarms of children running happily about the place, some accompanied by adults whilst others enjoyed the freedom of being with companions their own age group. Some carried balloons on the end of long, spiralling strings: others hugged large stuffed toys to their bodies (won no doubt at one of the hoopla booths) still wrapped in the plastiphane wrapping. Now that Qui-Gon looked a little closer he realised that for some bizarre reason one or two of the younger children seemed to be carrying yellow plasti-ducks! But they had one thing in common: all wore smiles on their faces.

Perhaps it was the strange sight of seeing so many youngsters wandering around with their little yellow, beaked companions that brought to mind a few random images of Jemmiah as a child, tangled hair swept away behind a headscarf, round, shining eyes regarding him with adoration. She'd been an impossible, wonderful, frustrating, intelligent, loving child?always quick to find trouble, always full of surprises?always trying to have fun. Seeing the other happy children before him he wondered, as he was periodically want to do, if he'd paid her enough attention or spent enough time with her when she'd taken those first tentative steps on the journey to adulthood.

Of course the answer had to be no, how could it be otherwise? He was a Jedi master first and above all, but that didn't stop him from feeling guilty. When he regarded the fathers and mothers that accompanied their offspring round the amusement park it caused him to silently acknowledge that he hadn't exactly been a hands-on substitute parent. All he had to give her - he had. But had it been enough?

And it wasn't just Jemmiah he regretted the lack of time with. There were others, too.

"Is there a duck-festival going on?" Jinn asked as a six-year-old, gapped toothed girl skipped merrily passed him, waving a plasti-toy in the air. "Or have they all converted to some ritualistic Jemmiah-worshipping cult?"

"Something of the latter." Jemmy smiled disarmingly at him. "I liberated some ducks. It's national Snordle day, didn't you know?"

"Is it?" Qui-Gon paused, wondering what to say in reply. "Well then?how about we get some sucrella to celebrate?"

Jemmiah stared at him as if he'd announced to the galaxy he was marrying Sal-Fina: in other words with much incredulity.

"Master J," She squinted at him, "are you feeling okay?"

"Perfectly."

"But you don't like junk food! And sucrella's full of sugar?you don't approve of sugary snacks, remember?"

"Yes, but I thought that you liked sucrella?" Qui-Gon asked her, turning to face the puzzled te

24. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Awww, that was lovely! :) For a moment I thought that Qui-Gon was going to hold Jemmiah's hand but I'm not sure how she would have reacted to that!

Qui-Gon is right about Dex! He forces people to have a good time! ;) And what is Quiggy going to get Jemmiah - want to know soon!

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm scared to know what his good-parenting scheme will come up with next. It's so sweet, but slightly frightening!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.