main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Swings and Roundabouts (JA - RR) *Final post *

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jemmiah, Nov 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    It looks as if there's a lot of bottled up anguish in young Mia just waiting to come out. Perhaps Qui-Gon is the right person to bring it to the fore...although he's pretty good at bottling up his own feelings too, as we shall see. ;)

Great post Sabe! :)

An-Paj finally managed to half-drag, half-force lift Jemmiah from her wheelchair some five minutes after he and Simeon had first wheeled her into the little examination room - a small but sparely furnished, box like antechamber just off the side of the main ward. It was brightly lit so as to be cheerful and welcoming but not enough to cause any glaring headaches from the illumni-strip above, and just the right size to stop people in wheelchairs from trying to escape out the door! A single couch which could be adjusted to any height or angle lay towards the right sidewall, whilst two chairs stood propped up against its left-hand counterpart in a solemn single file.

"Relax." An-Paj suggested to Jemmiah, wondering why mere trifling blisters had managed to get her so wound up. "I'm here to treat you. Don't you want your feet to get better?"

Jemmiah seemed rather in two minds on the subject.

"Yes?" She began somewhat uncertainly. "It's just that I don't want the pain that goes with it. And I have very sensitive feet. The moment you start to wrench those shoes from me?"

"Uh-uh." An-Paj shook his head, tutting at her choice of words. "I don't 'wrench' anything. You make me sound like a mechanic tinkering with some broken swoop! If there's one thing that I'm not, then it's heavy-handed."

"How are you going to get them off her feet then, master?" Simeon asked gleefully, receiving a death-glare from Jemmiah in return. He was enjoying it just a little too much for her liking!

An-Paj examined the white leather shoes with the long, off-white laces tied tightly in a criss-cross pattern that finished up with a bow. It shouldn't be too difficult: all he had to do was put the patient at her ease. As was so often the case with Jemmiah the biggest obstacle to her recovery was herself, but still it confused the master healer as to the degree of fuss she was making of something so small, especially when she'd faced much bigger and more dangerous hazards to her health in the past.

"Oh, I dare say I'll manage with my usual combination of flare and delicate skill." The healer flexed his fingers for a moment, causing Jemmy to recoil in horror at the thought of him ripping the flesh away from her feet - which would surely happen, so swollen was her skin. "Er?young lady, please try and relax?" He grinned cheerfully at her to put her at ease. "I wouldn't want to remove your feet by accident!"

The dramatic widening of Jemmiah's eyes told An-Paj that the joke hadn't exactly worked.

"Sorry?" he mumbled, bending ominously over her feet. "That probably wasn't the right thing to say, was it?"

Jemmy saw the fingers hovering once again above her footwear and turned aside, not wanting to watch her feet explode and hoping against hope that if she didn't watch what was going on then it might not be happening?

"Good idea. Don't look." An-Paj agreed, using the force to gently raise her right foot fractionally into the air, beckoning Simeon to stand beside her. "I am surprised at you, however." He began to slowly untie the laces of her shoe, edging the strands apart by deft, force assisted fingers. "Sixteen years old and screaming over blisters?"

"When I get blisters I REALLY get blisters." Retorted Jemmiah, her eyes tightly screwed together. "I never do things by halves. Besides, I know how bad it feels and you don't!"

"Then it's just as well that Simeon's here to entertain you whilst I see to your current affliction, isn't it?" An-Paj replied glibly, concentrating on diverting Jemmiah's attention away from him as he began, unbeknownst to her, to slide off the first shoe.

"Simeon?!?" Jemmiah curled her top lip in revulsion. "I know the sort of things he views as entertainment, thank you very much! Have you seen that disgusting thing he does with his

2. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Healer Leona and Jemmiah - Thanks! :) Mia doesn't want to talk to anyone about it because of what happened. I hope that the next few instalments, once they reach the park will be more light hearted but it's not SW without a bit of angst! She needs a day on the amusements to take her mind off things!

DarthIshtar - Poor Li! She is not having a good day. What a nightmare journey home!

death by papercut - Terrifying! LOL! So the apprentices have the day off, the force seems to be on their side!

pre-Republic record extraction - That sounds like a course I had to attend last year! :)

As soon as I've been on a few repulsor-coasters - Excellent! LOL!

Jemmiah - ROTFL at Jemmiah as usual! Can you blame Simeon for getting his own back for Jemmiah's 'if it were dark' comment?

Being the greedy little Gundark that you are, you stuffed your piggy, padawan face - LOL!

You end up with one of the most talented and sought after masters in the history of the jedi temple - And the most modest, don't forget that! ;)

I'm glad that Simeon is up to speed and that the wheelchair plan is on track. All they need now is for all the Jedi Masters to get together and work out what is going on!

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Jemmiah, I use that same tactic--I never go to the doctor alone, so when they're trying 5 times to get an IV started or trying to draw blood 6 times before getting the vein, I'm laughing hysterically instead or conducting a sing-along.

And Li's journey home is inspired by 4 years of T experience (the T being Boston's subway system). :)

4. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Here is my first short contribution. :) :) :)

Kithera

The two sets of fingers, one gnarled and scared like tree roots, the other thin and delicate as saplings, wrapped tightly around each other in a gesture of intimacy and enduring friendship.

?So.? An-Lin was saying, her other delicate hand wrapped around a mug of steaming tea. ?I want you to promise to look after her.?

?I have promised a thousand times?? Davin began but then paused watching An-Lin?s face, ?but if it'll make you happy, I?ll promise again. I'll take care of Hwa-Lin.?

?Don?t let her get lost.?

?I won?t let her get lost.?

?No wild parties.?

?No wild parties.?

?No drinking sprees.?

?No drinking sprees.?

?No expeditions across the wilds of Coroscant to something only you think is good.?

?No unnecessary expeditions.?

?No loudly printed shirts.?

?No loudly?what? That?s just unfair.? Davin pouted childishly until he saw the half hidden grin on An-Lin?s face.

?Almost got you.? She smiled and Davin grinned happily back at her. The door buzzed, as it always did before opening, and Tara appeared behind it grocery bags in hand. The grip between the two masters tightened.

?I got your fruit.? She announced nosily, ?I got petal-fruit and blue milk, and some of that hot sauce you like and?? She paused, visibly sniffing the air.

?Hi Tara.? An-Lin said softly, announcing herself before Tara made the conclusion.

?Hello.? It was a unsure reply and Tara?s eyes narrowed towards the pair. Davin?s hand slipped out of the grip and back across the table to his lap. An-Lin shot him a strange look and smiled half-heartedly at Tara.

?I?ll got put these in the fridge.? The happy bright enthusiasm was gone. An-Lin watched Davin?s former padawan make her way cautiously to the kitchen.

?I should go. I only have four or five hours to pack and still make it in time for that transport.? An-Lin stood up, graceful as always. Davin stood slowly, using the table for support, and grabbed his two canes before following her to the doorway. Pressing the button for the door, she flipped her long black hair over her shoulder.

?Goodbye Davin.? She smiled over her shoulder, but her eyes were sad and worried.

?An?? He reached out and grasped her hand, stepping through the door and out into the hall to join her. ?I will miss you.? It was almost plantive.

?I will miss you too Davin. But you need to tell Tara, and soon. Don?t let her find out the hard way.? The fingers intertwined briefly again, and the kiss was light and furtive. ?And?? she added, ?Look after my little sister.?

She smiled once more, and the fingers slipped apart unwillingly. Then she turned and was off, before further goodbyes could be made.

?I will.? Answered Davin softly behind her. But which question he was answering, An-Lin wasn?t sure.

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    DarthIshtar Acckkk... airbus breakdown?? Yuck!! I'm not sure if I like Master Fionne or not yet. Seems a bit harsh on Liara, or perhaps it's only worry. Hmm.. so why does Fionne want to join her?? To get back at the manager. Not that Jedi seek revenge of course. ;) Aww.. I felt for poor Finnoe that Li didn't make an issue of being away from her master.. then she does have more fun things on her mind. LOL!

Jemmiah, "I wouldn't want to remove your feet by accident!"-- now that won't cause any distress. LOL! I must agree with Jem about flimsy-cuts and hang nail... ouch! "I hear the patients laughing at you wherever you go. I love the story about An-Paj and Simeon!!! That was just hilarious!! Yep Fast-pass is the word!!

Kit, An-Lin is quite worried of her sister staying with Davin it seems. Loved how she had to count out the things she hoped were not going to happen... darn she left out no trips to the amusement park!! :D :D But you need to tell Tara, and soon. Don?t let her find out the hard way.? , oh boy that does not sound good.

Excellent posts people!!

6. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    "No loudly printed shirts."

Niiice. ;)

7. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Okay... it's been over a year since I've written much of anything. Sabe I hope you don't mind my commandeering Mia for a bit. Must admit it feels really god to be inspried to write again... but of course it's the JemmiahChronicles!! :D :D

Over the course of several months, she?d spent countless hours clandestinely watching the tall, powerfully built man. In a handful of different locations, most of them being pubs, bars and cantinas it came as no revelation that she ended up here at the Hell?s Chance. Not the best of drinking establishments but certainly not the worst of them. There were few chairs in which to sit and rest, though the owners probably saw it as a means of cost containment as any furniture was viewed as a weapon when a brawl broke out. She was happy enough to find a small nook to stand in with a ready view of the bar and a practically clean table that didn?t wobble too much and spill her solitary drink.

He was at the bar, drinking and talking with friends. One of them must have told a joke, the raucous kind that men seem to find so outrageously amusing, for her man (at least she thought of him that way) burst out into a baritone laugh that could be heard above all the rest. Or perhaps it was only that her ears were just attuned to his deep voice.

Smiling into her still half full glass from across the room she nearly choked when he and one of his friends turned her way. With supreme effort she averted her glance, letting her eyes slowly go over the entire bar in casual observation. It was all she could do to restrain herself from twirling and giving him her back, an all too obvious indication that she?d been watching him.

Silently she counted to ten before allowing her gaze to return to where he stood. Only he was no longer there, he was walking toward her, his long legs bringing him closer impossibly fast. Shocked into immobility, her fight or flight response kicked in to late. By the time she attempted to flee he was already there and a large calloused hand gripped her arm, holding her in place.

Before she could utter a protest, her breath was stolen away as firmly muscled arms swept her off her feet, pressing her closely against a broad and brawny chest.

?Do you think me blind?? His voice deep and resonating as he spoke quietly into her ear. ?Did you think I hadn?t seen you? That I wouldn?t notice how you happen to turn up nearly every night? You?ve been following me? Lona?? The last word was whispered, warm and breathy like a caress on her neck.

Her eyes widened in astonishment and a small amount of fear begin to creep into her mind. How did he know her name and that she followed him? Okay, she wasn?t the most adept on covert operations, even if it was only to indulge fantasies but she was sure he had never even looked in her direction before. And how could he know her name? the name only her closest friends used for her.

?Would you be surprised to know that as you?ve been watching me I?ve been watching you?? He said gently and she could hear the smile that played on his lips. The knot worry and fear that had tied itself in her mind began to ease. For all she knew of him he was not an angry or volatile man, but she knew better than to think there be a chance for her.

?And I?ve learned much about you? ,? his voice took on an even huskier tone and though it seemed impossible to get any closer, he was whispering directly in her ear already, she still felt an increase in intimacy that caused heart beat a cadence in her chest.

?A great deal about you,? he continued, lowering his head and brushing the short-cropped beard that framed his leonine features across her neck. There was no way to arrest the involuntary shudder this caused and when she felt his lips?.

Leona released her own shuddered breath and chuckled lightly. Enough of writing for now, she could hear the approach of her padawan.

?Master, I?ve completed Mia?s preliminary exam.? The hazel-eyed young woman held out a folder. ?Master, are you feeling alright?? The pa

8. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Kit - "No expeditions across the wilds of Coroscant to something only you think is good."

"No unnecessary expeditions."
    - LOL! Good answer!!!!!! I'm sure that amusement parks do not come under unnecessary expeditions! What does he have to tell her? Doesn't sound too good! Looking forward to finding out what it is.

Healer Leona - LOL! I did not expect the first section to be fiction! Do Leona and Qui-Gon have a history? I haven't read your stories before.

Of course I don't mind you using Mia :) I enjoyed reading it very much! "What?!? But you just said I was fine to return to training- That was very Mia! Great excuse for her to put off the visit to the Soul Healers. Gave me some ideas for the next instalment, so thanks! :)

9. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Sabe, I'm glad things meshed with the post. Do Leona and Qui-Gon have a history? You just have to read the other JemmiahChronicle threads especially A Night to (Almost) Remember which I consider the funniest thread ever written. It was the RR started by Jemmiah that had me inspired to write the Leona character and meet Qui-Gon. It's long thread but so very well worth reading. And FYI Leona writes those trashy romance novels under the name Raquel Paris and proceeds go to the Jedi Temple infirmary. ;)

10. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Kit & Leona: wonderful posts! :) I was ROFLOL at the loud shirts! Great dialogue there that had me in stitches! And Leona, the Raquel Paris novels continue to intrigue me! One of these days we're going to have to bring them into a story of their own! :D I could well imagine Qui-Gon's face if he were to learn that he were the central character! ;) And Dimallie, bless her, so clumsy as usual! :)

It's my day off writing tomorrow, so here's a relatively longish post.

"?And it's only a day out, master." Simeon was saying, trying his best to convince his master that it would be in everybody's best interests to let him go on the planned padawan outing the following morning. A quick glance at his chrono revealed exactly how close to becoming morning as it was! A few more hours and then the big day would have dawned at last! "It's not like we've been planning it for long?a couple of months or so maybe, but not much more! So, what do you say?"

An-Paj pushed Jemmiah's chair along towards Evla's apartment, chewing thoughtfully on his lower lip. An enthusiastic Simeon usually spelled trouble, and for all that he was pretending that the day meant nothing to him he was clearly buoyed by the idea. A day away from cleaning, from menial chores, from getting up early in the morning and checking on the progress of the patients?and for what in return? A trip to the amusement park of all places???

"I think you're insane." An-Paj replied simply.

"But master, it's vital that I go!" Protested Simeon, his stride lengthening to keep up alongside Jemmiah's chair. "I mean, what if someone gets hurt?"

"All the more reason not to go in the first place, padawan." An-Paj countered drolly. "It's called preventative medicine."

"If I'm at hand then if anything DID happen I'd be there to patch them up?you know, as a sort of token healer amidst the party, so to speak."

An-Paj tried to ignore the shriek of the wheelchair, shaking his head to clear all thoughts. He could understand Simeon wanting to have a day off. Contrary to popular belief the jedi were not workaholics, and whilst they existed to serve others they also had lives of their own. A little downtime was needed every now and again?a little maintenance to keep themselves ticking over. The choice of destination was an odd one, however, and not one that An-Paj thought entirely suitable. Even whilst experiencing time to themselves the image of the jedi had to be maintained, which was why the notion of several rag-tag padawans running all over an amusement park wouldn't sit well with the masters.

And as for Obi-Wan, well, An-Paj felt certain he'd have his work cut out trying to persuade Qui-Gon to let him go under the circumstances?

"Very well." An-Paj agreed dubiously. "I suppose by way of officially representing the healers I can let you go?"

"Thank you, master!" Simeon cheered, not acting with particular dignity.

"But I want it on record that if I hear of anything - absolutely anything - untoward happening on this trip then I will swap you for one of the cleaning droids. Is that understood?"

"I thought you already had." Simeon beamed happily.

"Pardon?"

"I said I won't do anything to make you mad." Replied the padawan.

An-Paj pushed the chair towards Evla's doorway, halting just outside. His hand reached out to depress the chime, taking time to reflect that it wasn't all bad news where the outing was concerned -

"At least you can't go." He regarded Jemmiah's astonished face. "It's not like you can spend a whole day hobbling about the amusement park. Besides which, Qui-Gon would never let you."

Jemmiah considered for a moment.

"Blisters can heal." She replied confidently after a while. "And I can wrap Qui-Gee round my finger."

"I don't see it happening?" An-Paj tried to let her down gently, stepping back a pace as the door slid open with a gentle hum to reveal the suitably puzzled face of crèche master Evla Sovalla, whose hazel eyes were instantly everywhere: seeing everything yet understanding nothing. Her daughter in a wheelcha

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Loved Leona's stuff as usual, her novels, and can't help feeling sorry for Mia. I wonder what is going on with her master...perhaps he's on Kamino?

12. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Darth Ishtar - I wonder what is going on with her master...perhaps he's on Kamino - Perhaps? ;)

Healer_Leona - I will read it! :) LOL that the main character in her books is based on Qui-Gon!

Jemmiah - I'm glad that Simeon is coming to the amusement park. He might be needed! As usual have been ROTFL! Especially at:

It's not like we've been planning it for long?a couple of months or so maybe, but not much more!

Are you working his strings?

How fast do repulsar chairs go?"
    - That was classic Jemmiah!

Even whilst experiencing time to themselves the image of the jedi had to be maintained, which was why the notion of several rag-tag padawans running all over an amusement park wouldn't sit well with the masters - Uh oh, can't see the image of the Jedi being maintained to quite the high standard that the masters would like! LOL! :)

13. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    I've just read parts 1 and 2 of ANTAR. Have been crying with laughter at the shopping expedition! :( :)

14. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Aww, thanks all for the words of encouragement. It certainly warms the heart and increases the desire to keep going.

Jemmiah, I'm surprised that Simeon using a line of going to the amusement park as a token healer wasn't shot down immediately... laughed like crazy at An-Paj believing Siemon not going would be preventative medicine. Poor Evla worrying over Jemmy. A repulsor chair??? Lucky Jemmy... and those that'll be with her. I would have almost liked one in Disney, but we'd never gotten you close to Chip and Dale huh?? :D :D

Sabe, looking for the addy for ANTAR has me rereading it too. It never loses it humor, even on the upteenth read!

15. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    An-Paj finally walked back in, seeing Bal Jolenar in the waiting area of the healer?s ward.

?Good evening, Master Healer,? Bal said, holding a small cloth against his chin.

?Padawan Jolenar,? An-Paj said, eyeing the apprentice.

?How?s the wife?? When An-Paj shot him a look, Jolenar added, ?Pick one.?

?I just saw An-Afor on the way back,? he said, a bit annoyed. ?And she?s lovely, as always. From now on, though, I?d ask something a little more specific.?

?Yes, sir,? Bal said.

?Now what did you do??

Bal moved the cloth, revealing a slice down the side of his chin, blood smeared around it. ?I just need to borrow a bacta pack or something. Master Martuf ran out.?

?Seven levels of laser precision guidance on a razor, and you can still do this to yourself??

?There are four blades, for that closest shave ever. Sometimes technology is just no match for clumsiness and an extra blade.?

An-Paj cleaned the cut, then swabbed some bacta in it. ?It?s not going to need synthflesh,? he said. ?Hold on, though.? Bal jumped as he felt An-Paj reach out toward him with the Force, then felt the skin begin to knit itself back together. Reaching up to his face, he felt his chin, where the cut had disappeared. ?Thank you, Master Healer.?

?You?re welcome, Padawan Jolenar,? An-Paj said.

Jolenar rubbed his chin. ?Smooth as a baby dewback.?

An-Paj handed him several bacta packs, a few salves, a package of bandages, a package of synthflesh, and an antibiotic. ?There. Now don?t come back here unless you?re about to lose a limb.?

Jolenar smiled. ?I guess I?ll be seeing you? in about a month, then?? He shot the Master Healer a smile.

?Only if you?re lucky,? An-Paj shot back, deadpan.

Nessa Menel-Luin stepped over to a data access terminal and began pulling up a list of scheduled events for the next week. Immediately, she found what she was looking for in the ?Seminars and Workshops? category.

The Force and the Art of Lightsaber Maintenance
    Instruction in Fencing Techniques and the Proper Upkeep of the Jedi?s Weapon
    Two hours before the half-hour lunch break, another three afterwards.
    Instructor: Ethe Rostov, Jedi Master

Selecting the class, she entered her archivist?s passcode, allowing her to edit student records. Since the class had not taken place, she accessed a planned schedule and the list of students enrolled. She scanned down the list, following the list of names.

?Jolenar, Jolenar? there it is.? She clicked on it, allowing her to edit it, and took his name out. She quickly put in the code for an open space, freeing up a spot for enrollment. Quickly, she logged out, and went back to her regular work.

?Sorry, Master Rostov,? she said to herself.

Yu Martuf grabbed a plate and began walking down the line through the commons. He picked up a cup of fruitsauce, a glass of ardeberry juice, and the shaak strips he had been pushing to Jolenar.

He picked up one of the strips, and took a bite. ?And he wanted to go order littler ones from the place with the cartoon Jawa.? He shook his head. ?There?s nothing wrong with these.? He took another bite, then sighed. ?I?d forgotten how much of a hassle Padawans could be.?

16. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    ?How?s the wife?? When An-Paj shot him a look, Jolenar added, ?Pick one.? --LOL!! Only four blades??? Those razor commercial drive to to distraction, though I like that they're lazer guided now. Ahhh, Nessa got Bal out of the class LOL! Cool post!!

Up this early and still reading ANTAR and I've got two words.. make that three.... Lucky Dip & EWWWWW!! LOL!

17. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Ty-Gon Jinn - "How's the wife?" When An-Paj shot him a look, Jolenar added, "Pick one - LOL! :) Good old Nessa!

Leona - Am now up to the drinking games in ANATR! ROTFL! :)

Jemmiah - Hope you don't mind me borrowing Simeon :)

--------------------------------

Mia left the gym clutching the signed release form from Adi. She had relayed to the Knight what Healer Leona had said and to her relief, she had signed the form but only on the proviso that Mia did not over do it. As Mia did not view the upcoming trip to the amusement park as ?overdoing? it, she was able to promise with a clear conscience.

Maybe now she could start training again but after watching the other padawan?s train she planned to visit a private gym on Coruscant first before attempting to catch up with the others from her class. She knew that some other padawans also preferred to use training facilities outside the Temple and made a mental note to ask where if she saw them at the amusement park.

The amusement park, now the visit to the Healer?s was out the way, she and Rem could concentrate on the plan for their escape from the Temple. Once they had worked this out, she only had one other thing to think about. The Soul Healers. Mia frowned as she waited for the turbolift, if she refused to go, then they would really think that something was wrong. Anyay, Sifo-Dyas was not expected back yet and as she had told Leona, it was something for him to decide. It gave her enough time to work out what to say, ?That?s settled then.? The lift doors opened, ?They really will send me there if they catch me talking to myself.?

?Where?? An amused voice asked.

Mia jumped. She had been so preoccupied that she had not noticed the other occupant. ?The Soul Healers.?

?Oh,? he replied with a smile. ?You?re Mia, aren?t you??

She rolled her eyes. Great the whole Temple knew. ?Yes, does everyone know?? She asked with a sigh.

Simeon shook his head, ?It?s standard practice. Did you get a clean bill of health??

Mia nodded and changed the subject. ?I see you survived pushing Jemmiah?s wheelchair.?

He laughed, ?Just about but she did threaten to run over my head.?

?Oh.? Mia was curious. What?s wrong with her??

?Blisters.?

She pulled a face, ?Yuck.?

?But,? Simeon continued, ?she wangled a repulsor chair out of Master Paj, so I?m off the hook.?

?So, she?ll still be going to the amusement park??

?I?m sure she will find a way.? He replied with a grin.

?Are you going??

He nodded, ?In an official capacity, as healer to the sick and injured.?

?Injured?!!!? What kind of amusement park was it?

Simeon laughed. ?I hope I won?t be needed.?

The doors opened, ?This is my floor. Maybe I?ll see you tomorrow Simeon?? With that Mia headed for Master Fisto?s apartment to see Rem.

18. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Sabe, love how Mia figures her immediate problems are all worked out. ?I?m sure she will find a way.? -- ah yes. We've no doubt on that score! LOL! Great post!!

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    "Come on, Majav," Li pleaded. "You've always said your life was written by an overenthusiastic teenager with too much bloodlust and too little imagination. This will be a refreshingly different chapter."

Ana Majav toyed with the spoon sticking out of her cup of tea, frowning intensely at it. She was a Jedi, so therefore, she hated no lifeforms, but she felt free to take out her disgust and anger on inanimate objects instead. If looks were made of tangible substances, the apartment she shared with Master Khil would have already been dissolved in acid.

"Right," she snorted. "A chapter where I tempt fate. I get in enough trouble obeying the code, working hard, and paying attention to my Master. I don't even want to consider what would happen if I played hooky tomorrow. I'll end up looking for my head across the lower levels of Coruscant with my remaining arm and what's left of my splattered brains."

To her credit, Liara flinched, but the grin didn't disappear. "Then, perhaps, if you take a chance on this, the tide will turn."

Something about the entire idea was just wrong. Not just because it was breaking about twelve Temple codes, or because it was dishonest, or because she'd be betraying her Master's trust, but there was something else.

"I have a bad feeling about this," she intoned solemnly.

"Oh, for the love of the Force," Li sighed. "I'm just asking you to come have some fun for a single day and you act like we've just won round-trip tickets for a voyage on the deathyacht."

Perhaps she was overreacting, but she couldn't shake the sense of suffocating, of every nerve on fire, that kept nagging at her senses when the subject was mentioned.

"I'm not," she protested. "And what is your problem? You defy your Master once by leaving the temple and all of a sudden, you think you're Obi-Wan Kenobi."

The grin turned into a definite smirk. "I don't think you'd mind that too much," she teased, "if the betabeet color in your cheeks is any indicator. Just think, if it becomes too frightening, you could always swoon into his arms."

"And hit the callgirl he's currently snogging?" Ana laughed. "I don't think so. I don't fear the Force, but Jemmiah Gleshan is a force to be reckoned with herself and I reckon I'd rather not force the issue."

It took a moment for Liara to work through the first part, then decide it wasn't worth the effort.

"So, you're coming?"

"NO!"

Liara sighed and slumped in her chair, fingers drumming impatiently. "You know I won't leave here until you agree," she insisted, "even if I have to be here until Master Yoda turns to the Dark Side."

"If he finds out that half the Padawans above the age of 18 are planning to skip out tomorrow, it won't be a very long wait," she countered.

There was a moment of silence as they both tried to drive the image of a sithly Yoda on the rampage from their mind and fought the grins threatening to overtake their faces.

"Whatever happens," Li interrupted the thought, sensing a weak moment, "it'll be a day for the archives. If nothing else you should come along to make it into the list."

And in that moment, she was defeated.

"All right," she sighed. "As long as the list doesn't have the 'casualty' heading to it."

20. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I REALLY need to catch up on everything....

Random notes:

Hehehehe... Blisters and amusement parks are never fun. And yes, Fast Pass is a gift from god. ;)

Ty - LOL!!! The Shaak nuggets strike back! ;)

LOL! Leona's still not done with that novel? ;)

Overall, great stuff! Can't wait for more! :D

21. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Hi Miana! :) Thanks for reading!

Ty-Gon:

?How?s the wife?? When An-Paj shot him a look, Jolenar added, ?Pick one.?

ROFLOL!!! I could just hear that in my head! *g*

?I?d forgotten how much of a hassle Padawans could be.?

Oh, how very true!!! I'm going to have to borrow some of these quotes for the front of the Hell's Chance Cantina site! :)

Sabe:

Love the dialogue between Mia and Simeon! Very in character for him.

?Injured?!!!? What kind of amusement park was it?

Well, you can be sure that if Jay and Simeon are going it's going to be far from the norm!

Ishtar:

You've always said your life was written by an overenthusiastic teenager with too much bloodlust and too little imagination. This will be a refreshingly different chapter."

Those lines just tickle me for some reason! As did this:

"I don't think you'd mind that too much," she teased, "if the betabeet color in your cheeks is any indicator. Just think, if it becomes too frightening, you could always swoon into his arms."

I'm sure there are many female padawans around the temple who feel the same! LOLOLOL!!!

"Master," Obi-Wan sighed as he watched Qui-Gon lean against the balcony rail, looking out into the night sky, "have I upset you at all?"

Qui-Gon remained silent for a moment, deep in thought. He WAS upset - there was no denying it, but it had very little to do with his padawan. The young man remained a few paces back, his eyes burning a concerned path to the back of Qui-Gon's head, uncertain of how best to continue the dialogue between them. It was during occasions such as this one that Jinn suddenly got an insight into how other people regarded him: aloof, unapproachable?frosty, as some even dared to call him. Yet it wasn't true, even if appearances did seem to give credence to their opinions. What must he look like to Obi-Wan at that moment as he stood unmoving with his back to his apprentice? What was he thinking?

//He's wary.// Qui-Gon thought, picking up on his padawan's apprehension. //He doesn't want to intrude on my privacy but he wants - needs - to understand. And I cannot fault him for that.//

Slowly Qui-Gon turned around to face Obi-Wan, watching him step out of the shadows and into the artificial light from the traffic above. Like glow worms weaving in some incredibly complex dance, the air cabs wound their merry way around the highest buildings, casting a lava like trail of light wherever they went. All around Qui-Gon life went on; with no heed to his or anyone else's silent musings, and not for the first time did he recognise that there was something very satisfying about being an observer amidst a planet that bristled with energy and life?with the force.

//I am but a small cog in this particular wheel.// Qui-Gon contemplated with a smile. //Sometimes it is good to remind oneself of our place in the galaxy.//

"Are you disappointed with me?" Obi-Wan continued hesitantly.

//Always so quick to knock yourself down or do yourself an injustice, padawan.// Sighed Qui-Gon inwardly. //There's still an uncertainty that lies deep inside your mind, always questioning your worthiness. And it seems that I have done little to counter it?//

"I am not upset with you." Qui-Gon answered, folding his arms within his long sleeves, amused to find his padawan subconsciously mimicking his every gesture. "And I meant what I said earlier this evening. You are doing well in your training: more than well if the truth be known. You have worked hard. I even," his voice sounded surprisingly neutral, "agree that you have probably earned some time to yourself, even if only for a day."

"Thank you, master." Obi-Wan gave a small nod of gratitude to his master.

"I trust you, padawan." Qui-Gon clapped the young man lightly on the shoulder. "Most of the time. By that I simply mean that you sometimes let yourself get caught up too much in the bigger picture?"

Somehow, Obi-Wan thought with a frown, Qui-Gon was no longer talking about him - at least not directly.

"You mean Jemmiah." He guessed, f

22. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Sneaky little buggers, the lot of them. ;)

Ya know, I gotta applaud you, Jem. Your characterization of Obi-Wan does indeed make him seem like he has grown up. His mannerism and dialect has vastly matured since his "there's too much blood in my alcohol stream" days. :) ;)

23. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Thanks Healer_Leona! Glad you enjoyed it!

DarthIshtar - Excellent post! I was ROTFL! I have a bad feeling about this," she intoned solemnly - Uh oh, not good!!!! They are really jinxed now!

Just think, if it becomes too frightening, you could always swoon into his arms." - Ooh, she has a crush on Obi-Wan and who can blame her! :) Hope Jemmiah doesn;t find out! ;)

"it'll be a day for the archives. - It certainly will! :)

Jemmiah - Glad that Simeon came across ok!

I thought that Qui-Gon's agreeing to Obi-Wan leaving the Temple was too good to be true. At least Obi-Wan has a way to go and not break his word. Will Obi-Wan begin to wonder why Qui-Gon is so against the park? LOL at Obi copying hs Master's gestures, he did do that a lot in PM!

Tomorrow there would be only Ben and Jemmy, and the rest of the amusement park - That is so sad, they will never be able to be together! :(

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Jemmy--that line about the refreshingly different chapter...Um...Ana is a character I developed my freshman year in college--I've known her as long as I have my fiance--and she was the victim of being the main character in my lengthy Jedi Purges saga. So the statement that her life was written by a teenager (18) with too much bloodlust (the death toll was catastrophic) and too little imagination (I killed the entire Jedi Order over a period of 15 years in 87 pages. Little imagination doesn't cover it!) was true!

And I'm one of those who will swoon into Obi-Wan's arms. Ewan...yum!

25. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    DarthIshtar -- I know you've already commented on this, but I really love You've always said your life was written by an overenthusiastic teenager with too much bloodlust and too little imagination.

Such fun seeing a character take herself like a fictional character. It has a quality of a Hamlet or an Emma. Very nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.