1. Welcome Guest. New feature: The Art of Disney… Now discussing:

Art Archive "Switched at Birth" Movie Poster Fan Art by ShabbyBlue

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by ShabbyBlue, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. ShabbyBlue Jedi Padawan

I felt like sharing some artwork I'm quite proud of, and I'd appreciate any feedback....

---------

A long time ago, in a DIFFERENT galaxy, far far away...

Imagine if Leia had grown up on Tatooine under the care of Owen and Beru Lars, as a feisty farmgirl named Leia Skywalker who befriends and eventually falls in love with a handsome young pilot named Biggs Darklighter.

And then there's the dashing young Prince Luke Organa of Alderaan, commander of the Alderaani Fleet and one of the brave leaders of the Rebel Alliance.

Destiny will bring them all together as the rebels confront the Empire and Leia Skywalker learns the ways of the Force. It's the story of a prince, a farmgirl, and a universe....

Original "poster on the wall" version:
    http://members.cox.net/bh1076/artwork/Switched_at_Birth_by_ShabbyBlue.jpg

Hi-Res non-weathered version:
    http://members.cox.net/bh1076/artwork/Switched_at_Birth_Alternate_by_ShabbyBlue.jpg
  2. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
    Wow, great idea and a sweet poster.
  3. CountessYnaAda Jedi Knight

star 1
    I like the idea as well. Trying to imagine Leia in Luke's shoes is interesting to say the least. The technique you used to color is awesome as is the drawing itself. How come you didn't draw Darth Vader? Just curious. :D Good job.

And... I want Leia's outfit. >>
  4. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Welcome, ShabbyBlue! :)

Very interesting concept, indeed. The composition and the overall "flow" of the piece immediately caught my attention. You did a nice job setting this up as a movie poster. It definitely sells. Your technique and drawing skills also shine here. Excellent likenesses on Luke, Leia and even Biggs. The only part that I get a little caught up on is Obi-Wan's "floating" head over there on the left. Maybe finding a way to anchor him to the rest of the composition would help it along? I don't know. It's really not a big deal considering how well done the rest of the piece is. And now that I look at it further, you've done an awesome job mirroring the Death Star and the Tatooine scene down in the corner. So, yea...ignore what I just said. :p

Onto the concept - wow! We would definitely be in for a different ride if this were the version of SW that was released. Luke, Leia and Biggs rounding out the Big Three? Interesting indeed. Of course, I'm partial to Han, so you automatically get a bad review from me for not including him. :p

Nah, just kidding around. This is some great stuff! Nice job! =D=
  5. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello ShabbyBlue, and welcome to Fan Art! VERY cool poster--and an intriguing idea, too! I love the idea: I wonder if Leia would have been a better student than Luke...? [face_thinking] ;) And I wonder if Luke might have been a rabble-rouser in the Senate (...perhaps marked by the Emperor for "elimination" at an early stage! ;) )?

I love the likenesses, and how you've imparted the opposite characteristics to the twins (ie., made Leia the high-spirited rural girl [she reminds me of Jane Russel, somehow...]--and given Luke a very slick, politician-style appearance)--great job, that! Overall, a wonderful piece--well-balanced, and representing a very cool idea! Bravo!

And lol at HanSolo29: "Of course, I'm partial to Han, so you automatically get a bad review from me for not including him." [face_laugh] ;) Again--welcome!!

FF
  6. Vana Force Ghost

star 3
    The style and the colors look like one of those old movie posters, good job! ^^

But Leia, by my opinion, looks like the easy girl of the village... ok she's supposed to have rural clothes, but is she supposed to look like a girl who just have been...hmm... accosted by a random guy in the street? :rolleyes:

Changed at birth doesn't mean that the character of Leia changed. In the movie she's not the kind of girl to show herself like this, and neither does Luke.

I know you like sexy girls but I think it's not like Leia at all, sorry. Even if she lived on Tatooine.
  7. CeiranHarmony Force Ghost

star 5
    hi shabby, we know each other already, but, welcome here and great artwork
  8. mMathab Force Ghost

star 1
    That's a girl talking ... I'm not complaining! :p

Concept is excellent as always Shabby!
  9. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    I guess you are not too familiar with ShabbyBlue's art. [face_laugh] I was surprised she was dressed that modestly. ;)

Great job, Shabby.

AG88
  10. Vana Force Ghost

star 3
    >>academygrad88: Oh, I know what he does, don't worry... [face_plain]

>>mMathab: It's not a question about being a girl or not, it was the "fan of Star wars" who was speaking ;)

Just my opinion. It's good to see different opinions on a thread, not only worshiping ^^
  11. Minela Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow, Leia looks so much hotter as a Jedi!

A while back I started a Round Robin with the story of reversal roles, lots of people added to the story but the thread kind of died just before the Battle of Yavin. :( :_|
  12. oldjedinurse Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi, Shabby! Absolutely love your concept, and your art is terrific!

oldj
  13. JosephB Jedi Knight

star 1
    I absolutely love this poster!

And while I kinda agree that Leia is looking a little naughty farmgirl, it really isn't that far removed from this . . . .

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/Star_Wars-one-sheet_L-01.jpg

Though I am a little surprised there's not a litte more indignation about the lack of abdominal cleavage from Luke, lol.

Joseph B
  14. kecen Force Ghost

star 4
    I like how shiny comic book they look. Hm, Luke has that Thrawn vibe.
  15. Fenrisulven Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmm, strange. I saw this one a while ago and thought I commented on it, must have forgotten; which is even stranger since this is such a awesome poster. I think both Leia and Luke look much cooler like this than their 'normal' version. Really great job [face_dancing] I love the switched-concept, I think it might've been more interesting than the real movie.
  16. CountessYnaAda Jedi Knight

star 1
    Actually I'm not sure about this. If Leia hadn't have grown up with Bail Organa and didn't recieve the discipline she'd had with being royality, would she have been like how she was in the movie? She may or may not have, one never knows. But its fun to imagine. *Shrug* Just my take on things.

And this gives me a reason to check out your awesome poster. XD
  17. morrison85 Force Ghost

star 5
  18. Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master

star 2
    That's a very nice alternate take on the story, ShabbyBlue :) Poster looks fantastic!

As for Leia's farm clothes, it *is* hot on Tatooine, after all. And maybe she's just trying to get rid of tan lines [face_whistling] :p
  19. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey, welcome to Fanarts! :D

And great start! =D= You've got great talent.

*tries to imagine Leia as a farmgirl*........no....[face_hypnotized]

More soon? [face_batting]
  20. Blue_but_beautiful Force Ghost

star 4
    Ah so you are who is behind this! Welcome to fan art! I got sent a link to this image a few days back and was wowed then! [face_hypnotized] Very nice work, I love the style you use, it's in keeping with the original movie poster style but slightly softer and it really works well. Brilliant idea with the switched at birth concept :)
  21. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Following my RL friend and e-daughter Chilla let´s me find a pearl each time when I dive into the sea of fanart on these boards.

I like your idear and it is great. Luke looks dashing and Leia sexy in her "farm girl" outfit. Obi-Wan has a very calm look and Vader looms like a dark shadow over everything!
  22. Basement24 Jedi Knight

star 2
    How did I miss this thread??? I really like your "Infinities" poster, that's fantastic stuff! I didn't look at the posting at first, just the image, and wondered what you had against Harrison Ford for not including him. LOL! Great work, I'd like to see more of this type of idea!
  23. roguedragon Jedi Padawan

Hey Shabby, don't you have a new website up? where is it? I've been looking for years.
  24. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Is it me or is Obi-Wan staring at her . . assets? [face_thinking]

You're not the only one. I'd also want to look good enough to wear it too . .
  25. CanadianJedi Jedi Padawan

Nice work Shabby

Do you have a website

that you can link me too?
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.