main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Switched Destiny (Anakin Skywalker, Anakin Solo, PT/NJO, AU) UPDATED (DON'T HURT ME!) 12/01!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Daughter_of_Yubyub, Oct 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    just peeked in to read it and found it great, and yes i agree the gramps comment was a classic, keep the story going, can't wait for more

2. Master_Jador

Master_Jador Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2002
    This is great! Keep going, Daughter of Yubyub! The Force is with this one!

3. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    very good! i love your little bits of humor. please post soon?

4. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    *hops into the ship* I'm ready! Let's go!

*bumps head on cockpit* Ow! :D :D :D

5. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    "Okay, first of all, don't call me that. It makes me wonder if my father's in the room."

Hurry up, Gramps. I have all the time in the universe, but you don't.

[face_laugh] Great job!! More soon please!

6. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    needs an up, to good of a story to not be on the first page
    up

7. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Thank you to all my readers. My apologies for this taking so long!

Anakin?s fighter dropped out of hyperspace. He still wasn?t entirely sure where he was. All he knew was that the coordinates Naki had given him were located somewhere on the Outer Rim. He looked out the viewport and saw an utterly unremarkable planet.

?Naki, are you there??

The boy?s soft laughter sounded inside Anakin?s head. I?m one with the Force. The Force is always around you, so I am too.

?I?m just not used to talking to someone that I can?t see.?

Look, if I made myself visible, you?d find it awkward that we were both jammed into this cockpit and I wasn?t actually taking up any space.

?I suppose you?re right.?

Of course I?m right. I have a wealth of insight.

?And modesty,? Anakin commented.

Just land the ship, Gramps.

?Don?t call me that. It makes me feel old.?

How exactly do you intend to stop me? Besides, it?s the simple truth. You are my grandfather.

Impudent child. Who did he think he was?

We?ve been through that, Anakin.

?Don?t read my mind!?

Then don?t broadcast your thoughts so loudly. I thought that your comment was directed at me.

?Where do you want me to land?? Anakin asked in an effort to change the subject.

The groundside coordinates were transferred directly into his mind. They set the ship down in the middle of an isolated field.

Naki appeared, dressed in a bright orange flightsuit. ?I hope you don?t mind a bit of a walk. The idea is to avoid notice as much as possible.?

Anakin shook his head. ?I can walk easily enough.?

?Speaking of being inconspicuous,? Naki continued, ?check the cargo compartment. There should be a plain jumpsuit in there for you to wear.?

Anakin reached in to retrieve the brown garment. ?Why can?t I just wear my robes??

?Simple. They attract attention, which is exactly what we?re trying to avoid. Sometimes it?s better not to appear to be a Jedi.? Naki grinned. ?Mara would be so proud of me.?

Anakin tugged the clothing on. ?Who?s Mara??

Naki chuckled. ?Let?s just say she?s a very unconventional Jedi Master. She had been trying desperately to teach me the value of subtlety and espionage before I died.?

He still couldn?t believe how calmly Naki spoke of his own death. It just didn?t seem natural.

?Your Jedi Order is different from the one I know, isn?t it?? Anakin fastened his lightsaber to his belt.

Naki nodded. ?In more ways than I?m allowed to tell you. Drape your clothes so that they cover your weapon. A lightsaber identifies you too well.?

Anakin made the appropriate adjustments and spread his hands. ?Do I pass your inspection??

Naki looked him up and down. ?You?ll do. Let?s get moving"

8. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Hahahahaha! I love the references to Mara *snickers*

Gramps *cracks up* I love it :D

9. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    i know this is a great story, it is funny as hell, i love the gramps comment it is great, keep up the great work

10. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    neato. :)

post soon.

11. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    You really write your characters well, Yubyub! More soon!

12. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Wonder what Anakin would think of the Naki's order? "Why would my son create a new order?" HeeHeeHeeHee

Mara's advice is good for this. It is better to not to be a Jedi in some cases.

13. Macewindu77815

Macewindu77815 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    Nice YUB

i like how you blend humor in with seriousness!

I nOW PROCLAIM YUBYUB THE NEXT AARON ALLSTON! :D

14. Macewindu77815

May 13, 2002
    uppity up!

15. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    And up we go!

16. Trixter_Goddess

Trixter_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    I just started reading this. YubYub, this is awesome! And I agree with everyone else, the "Gramps" is classic. I love how you blend subtle humour into the story.

"Impudent child. Who did he think he was?

We've been through that Anakin.

Don't read my mind!

Then don't broadcast your thoughts so loudly. I thought that your comment was directed at me."

[face_laugh] I thought that was so funny. [face_laugh]

17. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    This is great D_o_Y!!!

18. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Sorry about the lack of updates of late. Midterms, blech.

Anakin slowly threaded his way through the crowded street. Naki still hadn?t given him any indication as to what he was supposed to be doing.

Lose the Jedi pose. The boy?s mental voice came across as a loud hiss.

What? Anakin asked.

Your hands. Keep them at your side, or you?ll stick out like a sore thumb. Naki swung his arms to demonstrate the proper way for a spy to walk when out in public.

Anakin silently curse Mara for teaching Naki all that nonsense.

Are you ever lucky she?d not here to hear that, Gramps. I imagine you have some sort of emotional attachment to all your body parts.

?There is no passion, there is serenity,?
    Anakin quoted.

Naki laughed. And Mara would serenely teach you that ?There is no death, there is the Force.?

Anakin turned to face his guide. Is that true?

Naki gave him a strange look. You?re getting slow in your old age. Of course it?s true! I wouldn?t be here if it wasn?t, would I?

I suppose not.

Keep walking. People are starting to stare.

Anakin continued on with another silent curse for Naki?s strange teacher.

Reach out through the Force. Try to sense the individual people in the crowd.

You?re kidding, right? That exercise is for children. I know perfectly well how to sense others.

Just do it,
    Naki ordered. It?s important to know if there are any Vong around. You?re looking for dead spots in the Force.

What do they look like?

Heavily tattooed and extremely mutilated if they?re high ranked. That isn?t going to help though. They have something called an ooglith masquer that makes them look perfectly human. You have to spot them based on their non?presence.

Okay then.
    It still didn?t make any sense, but Anakin reached out through the Force anyways. Everyone here checks out.

Then let?s move on to another area. Trust me, there are Vong here somewhere. We just have to find them.

They repeated the routine several times, finding nothing amiss. Anakin was about to tell Naki that there was nothing here, and they could try again tomorrow, when he finally noticed something unusual. The one with the red hat over there. I can see him, but he?s not really there.

Oh, he?s there,
    Naki insisted. But if you can?t feel him in the Force, he must be Vong.

What do you propose we do about him?

Well, I?m just going to float here and tell you that the Vong are dangerous. You, on the other hand, might want to follow him.

19. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Well, I?m just going to float here and tell you that the Vong are dangerous. You, on the other hand, might want to follow him. [face_laugh]

Another great post! I love the two Anakins together, the conversation between them is great!

20. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    ooh...i missed 2 very good posts!

?I suppose you?re right.?
    Of course I?m right. I have a wealth of insight.
    ?And modesty,? Anakin commented.
    Just land the ship, Gramps.
    ?Don?t call me that. It makes me feel old.?

and...

Anakin silently cursed Mara for teaching Naki all that nonsense.
    Are you ever lucky she?d not here to hear that, Gramps. I imagine you have some sort of emotional attachment to all your body parts.
    ?There is no passion, there is serenity,? Anakin quoted.
    Naki laughed. And Mara would serenely teach you that ?There is no death, there is the Force.?

[face_laugh]

and...

What do you propose we do about him?
    Well, I?m just going to float here and tell you that the Vong are dangerous. You, on the other hand, might want to follow him.

[face_laugh]

oh force that was just what i needed to get out of the post-school slump! [face_laugh] i LOVED these last two posts... :D

UP!
    ~TJF

21. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    great post, "I am just going to float here, u may want to follow him", that line was funny as hell, i love this story, u are doing a great job, can't wait for more

22. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Jedi or not, Mara would give Anakin a run for his credits. HeeHeeHeeHeeHeeHee

Let's go blow up some Vong!! [face_devil]

23. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
  24. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    hahahaha! I can't believe I didn't see this yet :D I love it, the last line is priceless! :D

25. Macewindu77815

May 13, 2002
    Great job as usaul yub! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.