Switched Destiny (Anakin Skywalker, Anakin Solo, PT/NJO, AU) UPDATED (DON'T HURT ME!) 12/01!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Daughter_of_Yubyub, Oct 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WRAITH_LEADER Force Ghost

star 4
    Great job yub. Where you find your Ideas is beyond me.
  2. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    Like it says in the first post, mopping after reading SbS. 8-} Mindless cleaning is good for writer's block.

The next post is written, it just needs to be typed. I love Law class!
  3. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    lol, law class LOL! Writing class you mean *grins*

Can't wait for the next one!
  4. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    I was done my classwork, honest! Anyway, I'm really sorry this update took so long. Dang Darth Real Life.

Anakin hurried after the supposed Vong agent.

Walk! Naki snapped. He doesn?t realize you?re on to him yet. The idea is to keep it that way.

Anakin slowed his pace to match the rest of the crowd. Yessir.

Sir?
    Naki smoothed his brown jumpsuit. No one has ever called me Sir before. Not even my own strike team.

Naki, must you keep doing that?

The boy smiled. Doing what?

Changing your clothes every time I turn around.

Suddenly, his guide took on the form of a small child. I can change other aspects of my appearance, if you?d prefer. But I don?t think you?d take this very seriously. He returned to being a teenager in a garish flightsuit.

But why do you keep doing it? You haven?t really answered my question.

Naki brushed an imaginary piece of dirt off his pants. Because I can. I?m new to this whole ghost thing, remember? I?m still figuring out all the perks.

This was definitely not his idea of a hero?s spirit guardian. It should be a wise old Master, not a wisemouthed young Padawan.

I was an Apprentice-Knight.

A
    what?

I was still my Master?s apprentice, but I had been going on missions without him for years. I was almost a Knight in my own right. On the mission that I was killed on, I was the leader of the strike force.

Anakin started to wave a hand in dismissal, but remembered that the net result would be the general public thinking him a lunatic. That?s a minor detail. And what did I say about reading my mind?

What did
    I say about thinking so loudly? There?s work to be done. Naki floated on ahead of him.

Respect your elders, young whippersnapper!

We?re the same age. The fact that you just happen to be my grandfather is irrelevant to which of us is wiser. Are you paying attention to our target, or are you just arguing with me?

He went into the third door on the right. Make yourself useful and go check if it?s safe to go in there.

Naki nodded and proceeded straight through the wall in front of him.

Couldn?t you at least pretend to use the door? Anakin did his best to glare through the building.

What?s the point? Even if the door opening wouldn?t alert the enemy, I can?t open it. Walking through a closed door isn?t really all that different from walking through a wall.

It?s still creepy. What?s the situation in there?

There are three Vong and a human informer. I haven?t figured out what they?re planning yet, but you?ll want to hear for yourself. There?s a back door you could slip through undetected, assuming your old joints are up to crouching behind some cargo containers for a while.

Didn?t you just point out less than a minute ago that we?re the same age?
    Anakin needled.

Naki stepped back through the wall and shrugged. Don?t go bringing logic into this. You can be replaced, you know.

Sure I can. Where?s this back door of yours?

Naki led him around to the rear of the building. Anakin took a deep breath and slowly pushed the door open. Ready for his first real glimpse of the enemy.
  5. Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool post, D_o_Y! heh. I liked him checking out the perks :D
  6. Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes, an update!! I loved it! I can't wait to find out if Anakin and Anakin can get the Vong. More soon please!!
  7. JediStarMoonstruck Force Ghost

star 5
    I say, hear what they say and kill them all. [face_devil]

Anakin must be really having fun being a ghost. [face_laugh] :D

And why does Anakin act like he is older than he is? I mean, with calling Anakin those names? (and did that make any sense?!)
  8. forceaddict Jedi Master

star 4
    great post, i love the argueing, it is ungodly funny, keep up the great work
  9. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    Respect your elders, young whippersnapper!

Hahahahaha! I love it! :D

Awesome job, Yubyub!
  10. Macewindu77815 Jedi Master

star 4
  11. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    I have an update ready which I just have to type, so it should be up within a day or two.

I know I'm being slow, but I have to do Darth MLA Formal 1000 Word Essay. Sorry.
  12. Matthew_Wolverine Force Ghost

star 4
    I love this story. Great characterization. I second the comment about you being the next Aaron Allston.
  13. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, the draft of my essay is done, which incidently turned out to have to be 1200 words, not 1000, so you guys get an update. Sorry this took so long.

Anakin crouched down lower in the shadows behind a stack of boxes. He strained to see the group standing in the middle of the room. It didn?t help that Naki was sprawled out on the floor in front of his hiding place.

Could you move? He hissed mentally. Or go invisible or something?

But I?m not even here
    , the boy taunted.

You?re opaque enough that you?re hard to see through.

Oh very well.
    Naki shifted to his feet and wandered off to the middle of the room to dance among the aliens.

What are you doing?

Naki shrugged. I always wanted to do that. Go near a Vong without putting my life on the line.

Well, now that it?s out of your system, what can you tell me about this bunch?

Naki stood next to one of the aliens. This one is a female shaper.

Shaper?

Nasty bunch. They create all the biotechnology that?s been causing us so much grief. These implants here give it away.
    Naki pointed to several strange looking growths on the Vong?s hand.

What about the others?

Naki traced the blue and red swirled tattoos on the largest alien?s face. He?s a high ranking warrior, so be careful. I?m not sure what caste Read Hat is. Whatever it is, he?s not highly ranked. He?s barely mutilated at all.

Anakin grimaced. Why would they do something like that?

To put it simply, they?re religious fanatics. They consider feeling pain to be an offering to their gods.
    He kicked the warrior in the shins.

Naki! Don?t do that!

What? I?m
    dead, Gramps, he doesn?t feel a thing that I do to him. He thrust his arm through the shaper?s head just to demonstrate his point.

Are you positive about that? I?m not dead yet, and I would prefer to keep it that way.

Relax, I?m not going to get you killed. Remember, I have a fairly major stake in your survival. But when your time finally comes, fearing death is just silly. It?s really not that bad? except, I miss my family. I know this is painful for them. They don?t deserve to suffer like that. Everything?s just been such a
    mess since the Vong came.

Anakin stared at his companion in shock. He had never expressed any regrets about dying before. I?m sorry, Naki.

The young Jedi cast his eyes downward. I?m alright.

We?ll stop them.

Not if you don?t
    listen to that bunch now.

?Where is it you require transport to?? the human asked.

The shaper replied, ?The world you humans call Oridan. It would be best for you to assist us.?

?Do we really have to travel on one of the machine ships??

The warrior raked his fighting claw across Red Hat?s face. ?Silence, fool! We cannot bring in any more of our vessels until the yammosk is ready.?

?Be patient,? the shaper commanded. ?When we reach Oridan, I can perform the final shaping. With a mature yammosk, the fleet will be able to find its way here.?

Yammosk? Anakin queried.

They use them to control ships. I?ve never heard of one being used like this, but I think they?re making it into a homing beacon of sorts for their entire invasion force.

Or in other words?

Naki nodded. Destroy the yammosk in this time, and there will be no invasion in mine.
  14. JediStarMoonstruck Force Ghost

star 5
    Ok, so we destroy the Vong's verison of a homing beakon and the Vong are left to wander the galaxy for who knows how long, right? Cool! :)

Let's go get it! [face_devil]

Something occured to me; Naki told Anakin his full name, right? Won't Anakin realize he has a daughter, then? And when he finds out about Luke, won't he realize he has two children? Just something I thought of.
  15. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    Lmao! Anakin dancing among the Vong? LOL! priceless! I love the interaction beteen the Anakins LOL!

and hmm, good point... wouldn't Anakin realize he's got more than one kid? Ah well, maybe this will change the future substantially... maybe not, we'll see...

Wow, I can't wait for more, these are so funny... yet serious at the same time :D

Gramps *cracks up*
  16. Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Master

star 4
    ha! he's getting his groove on among the Vong [face_laugh]

great post
  17. Matthew_Wolverine Force Ghost

star 4
    Something occured to me; Naki told Anakin his full name, right? Won't Anakin realize he has a daughter, then? And when he finds out about Luke, won't he realize he has two children? Just something I thought of.

That's true. Also he may not have known he had any children until he found out about Luke. Now he will know from the beginning.(assuming he retains his memory of this)
  18. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6

I've realized that from the beginning. I just haven't decided what I'm going to do about it yet.
  19. Shay_Durron Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here's the boards biggest lurker gone signed up. Now I'm replying...

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Very good! How do you come up with all this?
  20. Shay_Durron Jedi Knight

star 1
    Er, did I scare everyone away?
  21. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    How do you come up with all this?

A variety of sources. Cleaning at work causes strange thoughts to stave off boredom. Same goes for some of my classes. Another one of my major sources of ideas is my "little sister". I always come away from our SW conversations with the fanfic wheels spinning. And of course, hearing nice things from my readers keeps me motivated, so thanks!
  22. Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I missed a post!! :eek: Great job, Yubyub! Poor Anakin Solo, missing his family. Kicking the warrior in the knee was a nice touch. More soon please!
  23. jacen200015 Force Ghost

star 4
    I missed two posts. eeek!!

Great posts.
  24. kasiaskywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
  25. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    Sorry this post took so long. Schoolwork was driving me crazier! This should have gone up two days ago, but I would have lost the internet accessible computer if I went to get the disk it was on.

Anakin watched the party of Yuuzhan Vong file out of the building. He had a hard time believing that the solution could be as simple as this. Destroy one creature and fix everything. Then again, he wasn?t sure that he believed any of this. Most notably, the ghost who was standing in front of him and tapping his foot.

Let?s get moving, Gramps. There?s a lot to be done.

What?s our next move?

Naki paused to consider. Well, obviously we need to get at their yammosk. They?ll be trying to leave as we speak. I think the best solution would be to try to catch them on Oridan.

Then we should go back to the ship.

No, we left it too far away. It?ll take to much time. We?re going to have to appropriate another one in town.

You really want to make me into a repeat thief?

Naki sighed. Well, you don?t have any money. If you prefer, we can hope that there?s a ship headed to Oridan and sneak on board.

You know what? I
    would prefer that. What kind of Jedi are you anyways?

One devoted to the scoundrel side of the Force.
    Naki laughed. It?ll take a lot of luck to find a ship headed in that direction.

There?s no such thing as luck.

Naki gave him a knowing smile. Right. Tell that to my father.

Wait a second. We
    know that there?s a ship headed to Oridan, because the Vong are taking it. If we hurry, we can catch it.

Then I suggest you start hurrying.

Anakin slipped out of the building as quietly as he could. The Vong might have left spies or listening devices behind. Perhaps some of Naki?s subterfuge was rubbing off on him. He never used to think about things like that. Whatever it was, he was beginning to think it might not be such a bad idea.

He stopped a random passerby. ?Excuse me, I don?t suppose you could give me directions to the spaceport??

Good. Do your best to sound like a tourist.

Do you mind? I?m trying to listen to this guy.

Naki fell silent, allowing Anakin to hear the stranger say, ?Go down the street three blocks, turn right and follow the road. You can?t miss it.?

The directions proved apt, allowing Anakin to find the spaceport without inviting any more sarcasm from Naki. It wasn?t much of a spaceport. More than anything else, it was a patch of open ground with a building standing nearby. There was only one ship currently present.

?I sure hope that?s bound for Oridan,? Anakin muttered to himself.

If it?s not, the Vong are going to be as lost as we are. They just got onboard. C?mon, let?s find you a uniform that you can sneak on with.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.