main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Switched Destiny (Anakin Skywalker, Anakin Solo, PT/NJO, AU) UPDATED (DON'T HURT ME!) 12/01!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Daughter_of_Yubyub, Oct 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    LOL!

I love it! Anakin and Naki are hilarious together :D

You know what? I would prefer that. What kind of Jedi are you anyways?

One devoted to the scoundrel side of the Force. Naki laughed. It?ll take a lot of luck to find a ship headed in that direction.

There?s no such thing as luck.

Naki gave him a knowing smile. Right. Tell that to my father.

That was -so- classic!

Yubyub, you've got their characters down to an inch, I love the way you write their interactions :D

2. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    They just keep finding ways to get on each others nerves! [face_laugh]

But you know, Anakin did bring up a good point. It can't be that easy. There has to be more to this than meets the eye. Can't wait to see. :)

3. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Excellent chapter.

"scoundrel side of the Force"

lol

Like father, like son(if father was a jedi)

4. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    I like it! :) Great idea for a story. I never really liked the Vong, so I'm glad you're getting rid of them now! Post again sometime soon.

5. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] hilarious posts DoY! :D the "naki"/anakin interaction's hilarious! [face_laugh] loved anakin's (solo) comments about the 'scoundrel side of the force'! :D

~TJF

6. Starr_Squadron_three

Starr_Squadron_three Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Excellent DoY. I love it. :)

7. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Sorry this took so long. It's always busy at the end of the semester. Incidently, don't expect anything next week, as that is unfortunately finals.

Anakin tugged at the blue technician?s uniform he had appropriated as a disguise. He hoped he was blending in with the rest of the workers spread around the lounge.

Stop looking so paranoid and we?ll be fine, Naki urged.

Anakin had to remind himself that no one else could see Naki. More importantly, that none of the others would notice that his grandson wore bright orange instead of the colours belonging to any of the ship?s departments.

You?re finally starting to get it, Naki teased.

Oh cut that out.

Jedi to Jedi, you know what the great thing about being a ghost is?

No, what?
    Anakin asked cautiously.

In lots of circumstances, you can pretty much do whatever you want. Naki floated up onto a nearby table and walked straight through an intense game of sabaac.

Anakin almost reached out to pull him down. Hey, stop it!

Naki flashed him a lopsided grin. No. I don?t have to.

?Sithspawned child,? Anakin muttered under his breath.

Naki wheeled around as if struck. His mirth only moments before had been replaced with a pained expression seemingly out of proportion with Anakin?s frustrated curse. Don?t ever call me that.

I don?t understand.

Naki?s blue eyes had become two shards of ice. I can?t explain. But I don?t want to ever hear that from you again.

Anakin decided it would be wisest to let the subject drop. He privately wondered exactly how much Naki was hiding from him.

?Hey newbie!? the senior tech?s gruff voice eventually shocked him out of his reflections. ?Wake up, we?re landing! There?s going to be work for you to do.?

Anakin disembarked the ship with the other blue clad workers, but slipped away from the spaceport before any task could be assigned to him.

You?ll want to change back into your civilian clothes. It was the first time Naki had spoken to him since his mysterious comment about language.

Anakin glanced at his surroundings. Wait, I know this planet.

Good. That will make things easier.

Naki, you don?t understand. I know this planet. It isn?t Oridan.

Naki stopped short. It?s what?

I?ve been here before. This is Alderaan.

Naki paused to take in the whispering grasses and the sweeping architecture. So, this is what Alderaan was like?

Was?

Alderaan? It was lovely.

What are you talking about? Surely you don?t mean to say you?ve never seen a major world like Alderaan before.

No.
    Naki stopped as if suddenly remembering something. But I?ve already said too much.

Anakin shook his head. You certainly have a lot of secrets.

But Anakin, they?re
    your secrets.

8. Starr_Squadron_three

Jul 12, 2002
    Wow, this is a good update.

9. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Great update! Good luck on finals, and I understand if you don't post for a week or two. Do well, and then post after your brain has recovered. Again, good luck!

10. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    wow! there was some nice humor in this, but i like how you had "naki" be upset about the "sithspawned child" comment as well as alderaan...the last line was awesome! :D

~TJF

11. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    i just found this story; it's really interesting and really funny. ~~ can't wait to read more.

12. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Poor Anakin. :( Destined to a terrible fate where a curse could mean so much. :_|

Yep, Naki's said too much. :D Just tell him, you won't have to finch when called a name then.

Now what are they doing on Alderaan? Has Naki's involvement already changed history?

13. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    great post, poor solo, knows what is going to happen to alderaan but can't say anything

14. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Thanks guys! Welcome, Aeryn_sun.

JediStarMoonstruck Nothing so complicated... :p RAFO :p

15. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
  16. Starr_Squadron_three

Jul 12, 2002
    Up, up and away!

17. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Thanks!

My exams are over, and I now have a long weekend. Hopefully there will be updatage within the next couple days.

18. Tidmag

Tidmag Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2003
    This is great. I'm not very knowledgable about this site's fanfiction rules or how they deal with it when it goes from year to year. I hope this isn't being abandoned.

I love how you've got Anakin Solo being himself rather than mysterious and confusing. Anakin Skywalker however needs to learn more about life it seems. Is this before he meets Amidala again and falls in l o v e all over again?

I hope to see what else you come up with to finish off this story.

19. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Great post!! Me wnat more NOW!!!!!!! lol

20. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Don't worry, this fic hasn't been abandoned. I just had finals and then went two days without electricity, so I haven't gotten the next part written yet. But the power is back (heat! Wonderful heat!), so I'll hopefully get something done soon.

21. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Wow, I am so sorry this took so long. It seems the world has been conspiring against this fic of late.

You really aren?t going to tell me anything, are you? Anakin said.

Naki shook his head. Master Windu?s instructions were explicit. I can?t tell you anything of your future. I?m not allowed to change your future.

It?s bad, isn?t it.
    Anakin?s words weren?t a question.

I really can?t tell you anything. All I can say is that you?ll find out what your destiny is when it happens.

Okay, on to questions you might actually give me a straight answer to. Why did we wind up on Alderaan instead of Oridan?

Naki shrugged. It could be for any number of reasons. The most likely is that the informer messed up and put them on a ship bound for the wrong planet. Maybe the ship was diverted, although I imagine we would have heard about that. A twinkle appeared in his eye. Or maybe you?re getting old, Gramps. They say that the hearing is the first ting to go. Maybe they meant Alderaan all along.

Anakin searched for an appropriate retort. Nice try, but that would mean you?re losing it too. You heard him say the planet?s name at the same time I did.

Oh very well,
    Naki muttered. We?ll go with them getting sent to the wrong planet. Good traitors are so hard to find these days.

So what?s our strategy, oh all knowing spirit guide?

There?s no need for sarcasm.

Very well, Naki. What do we do now?

Well, we have to figure out where the Vong are going from here.

Don?t we know that they?re going to Oridan?

Naki shook his head. We can?t be sure how they?ll react to this hydrospanner that?s been thrown into their plans. They might try to get their yammosk to a more convenient planet. We need to do more spywork.

Does that mean more wandering the streets at random trying to feel out holes in the Force?

Naki nodded. ?Fraid so.

I hate it when I?m right.

Good thing it hardly ever happens then.

Anakin grimaced. I flew straight into that, didn?t I?

Naki grinned. Thank you for making my job easier.

I thought your job was to prevent the Vong invasion.

Nope. That?s
    your job. I?m just along for the ride. Let?s go Vong hunting.

Anakin fell into the oh-so-casual stride Naki had been coaching him in for the past couple of days. He still felt himself entirely unsuited to all this subterfuge. To his way of thinking, it would be much more effective to simply ignite a lightsaber and figure the rest out from there. But it seemed that Naki and Obi-Wan were of one mind when it came to his need to calm down, even if it was for completely different reasons.

Where do I start?

Well, they probably got off the ship considerably after us, since they would have gone through customs and all those other inconveniences. That means they couldn?t have gotten very far from the spaceport yet, even if they wanted to.

What do you mean ?if they wanted to??

Simple. We don?t know what their plan is, but we do know that it probably doesn?t involve staying here longer than necessary. Moving a long way from the source of offworld transportation would be counterproductive. So we?re going to check out the spaceport neighborhood first.

By we, you mean
    me, don?t you.

Naki spread his hands. I mean exactly what I always mean.

22. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002

Anakin grimaced. I flew straight into that, didn?t I?

Naki grinned. Thank you for making my job easier.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Poor Ani! *pats his head* It's ok. You end up right in the end.....if you don't find out that is.

I still say he finds out someway. Want history to change!!!!!

23. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    History can't change if the sequel is going to work right.

24. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

awesome post DoY!!

~TJF

25. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Sequel, huh? Ok, sounds good! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.