Switched Destiny (Anakin Skywalker, Anakin Solo, PT/NJO, AU) UPDATED (DON'T HURT ME!) 12/01!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Daughter_of_Yubyub, Oct 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. picciami Jedi Master

star 4
    Great post! I want to see more. Those two work together so well.
  2. Soulwalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Very nice, D_o_Y. :)

I like the interaction between the two Anakin's very much, although it's sad the younger Anakin has been given the "shut up" about warning older Anakin not to go Dark Side and kill people. :p
  3. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah, but if Anakin Skywalker doesn't go darkside, I don't have a sequel. :p

BTW, I realize I've been a bad author and left you guys hanging for a month. I have a new post written longhand, it just needs to be typed. I'm very sorry, but I've moved beyond DRL to DNL (Darth No Life :p) Hopefully I can get a post up after midterms.
  4. Jaya Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Go Darth No Life! Yeah! Oh... wait. Hm... If that means you can post again soon, then go him! :) Can't wait for the next post.
  5. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    By Darth No Life, I mean I barely have time to eat. And sleep? I think I remember what sleep is. :p
  6. Jaya Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh. Yes. Him. I've dealt with him before. VERY evil. Good luck defeating him!
  7. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, my slave driving director is out of town starting Wednesday, so I'm going to try to get updates in on all my fics before she comes back and I spend the next two weeks living at my school. :p
  8. Jaya Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  9. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    Okay, I realize that I've been the most horrible neglectful author ever. Hopefully I haven't lost too many of you! [face_puppydog] Anyway, I get my life back in two weeks. :p Meanwhile, enjoy this long overdue post.

Follow him, Naki ordered.

Do I have permission to run?

No, but you can walk fast.

Anakin sent him the mental image of a sharp salute. He lengthened his stride to keep the red-hatted Vong in site. He hoped that he merely looked like a very hurried citizen. He had no doubt that Naki would be quick to inform him if he didn?t look inconspicuous.

The Vong slipped around the building and went through the back door. Anakin reached for the handle.

Wait, Naki insisted. Make sure there aren?t any little Vong critters serving as sensors on the doorknob.

Anakin leaned in for a closer examination. There?s some sort of small animal clinging here.

It?s probably communicating with any back up they might have. Whatever you do, don?t squish.

Then how do you propose I get in there, O Wise One?

You sure you?ve still got your wits about you? Use the Force, Gramps.

Against a Vong creature? But I thought?

No, against the
    doorknob. Te-le-ki-ne-sis. Naki drew out each syllable to emphasize his point.

Anakin gave a barely perceptible nod and reached out through the Force. The handle slowly turned seemingly of its own volition. Are you sure we should just be barging in like this? Doesn?t seem to be the most stealthy thing to do.

Naki shrugged. They?re starting to annoy me. Kill the warrior and try to take the shaper alive. You can do whatever your little heart desires to Red Hat.

Anakin offered a smirk and stepped through the door. The Vong warrior spun around and met his gaze straight on. ?Nom Anor, you fool, you were followed.?

Red Hat?s response was drowned out by Naki?s telepathic exclamation of Nom Anor? It can?t be!

This name has some sort of meaning to you?

Naki rolled his eyes. Let?s just say that we will have met. He was there the day I died. Unless you want to use that as some sort of generational bonding between us, I suggest that you pay attention to the big Vong with the amphistaff.

The warrior raised his weapon and advanced towards Anakin.

Can I draw my lightsaber yet?

I strongly encourage it.

Anakin grinned and ignited his weapon. Suddenly, this was his kind of mission.

Okay, I need help from my wonderfully patient readers. If anyone is good at action scenes, especially lightsaber duels, could you please PM me with some tips? You get one in the next scene, but it isn't really my strong suit.
  10. forceaddict Jedi Master

star 4
    that was great, those two are too funny together

not that good with action scenes sorry, read the NJO you'll get hints from that there are enough battles
  11. JediStarMoonstruck Force Ghost

star 5
    Oooo That Nom Amor Vong! Yep, Anakin, kill him. A good amount of problems will vanish along with him. [face_devil]

Action time!! The most important part of the mission (and the most fun)!!! :D

Sorry, but I not very good at explaining things. There is this one tip I have used, but I don't think I used it on an action scene. Act it out. Seriously. If I can't write something down, I often act out the part. Take a stick and pretend there's a Vong fighting you. Go from there.

And if that fails (or you just don't want to act the scene out), the Writer's Resourse board would be helpful. Someone there is bound to know how to write action scenes.
  12. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    Hmm, acting it out might help! Especially since I'm involved in a sword fight in my school play anyways. :p Thanks for the tip!
  13. maramijade Jedi Master

star 4
    Hhahahahha I knew it was Nom Anor. . . yeah Anikan. ..kill them... . destroy the vong!!!

tell them that this is not the galaxy they are looking for that they will have to find some other reality to destroy!!!

;)
  14. picciami Jedi Master

star 4
    Those two are great together. Keep it up. And I sympathize with you. I'm not so great at action scenes, either.
  15. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks guys!

BTW, since I'm a horribly slow poster, how do you feel about PM notification?
  16. forceaddict Jedi Master

star 4
    i like PM notification, but if it's too big of a problem you don't have to
  17. JediStarMoonstruck Force Ghost

star 5
    You don't have to include me. When I'm on my labtop, I have this fic bookmarked and go through the list everytime I'm online.

When I'm not on my labtop, I go through the whole day before looking for fics. I'll catch this if its updated. :)
  18. WRAITH_LEADER Force Ghost

star 4
    Ha! Nom Anor. Good Plot twist.

As for the Pm Updates, I like it, but you don't have to if it is to much of a hassel.
  19. Jaya Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You can PM me if you want, but it's not necessary. I'll eventually check out the story to see if you posted as I go through all of the ones I read hoping that one of the authors wrote another post.

Why can I just picture you acting out a battle? :) That's gotta be funny. Post as soon as you can, and kill Nom Anor. That'll take care of most of the bad stuff.
  20. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    I'll be getting a post together on this and all my other poor neglected fics as soon as my school play (in which I actually get into a sword fight :p) is done next Saturday.
  21. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    Sorry about the wait. I really am hard at work on writing that infernal lightsaber duel. :)
  22. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, I finally did this. I know this isn't the greatest action scene of all time, but I wrote it. Sorry about the wait, it wasn't easy.

Anakin raised his lightsaber quickly to blow the blow from the warrior?s amphistaff. The two weapons locked together for a moment before the wielders both jumped back.

Anakin and the warrior slowly circled each other, making occasional thrusts with their weapons.

Watch his fighting claws! Naki shouted.

The warning came just in time. The warrior swung at Anakin with the vicious implants. Thanks to Naki, he was able to roll under the blow, kicking a nearby chair into his opponent?s path.

The Vong warrior stumbled briefly before continuing his attack. Anakin seized the moment of distraction to leap up onto a table at the center of the room.

He?s about to go for your legs, Naki observed.

Anakin jumped up and kicked the warrior in the chest. Quit being a backseat swordsman!

Nom Anor rushed forward to push Anakin off his perch. Anakin kept his wits about him enough to shut off his lightsaber before he landed in a heap on the floor.

Incoming claws!

Anakin rolled aside, rising to his feet behind his opponent. He called his lightsaber to his hand with the Force, re-igniting it with a familiar snap-hiss.

The shaper?s about to throw something at you!

Anakin whirled around, hoping to block the unsensable projectile with his weapon. By sheer luck, his blade slashed through the creature that had been hurled at him. The two pieces exploded upon contact with opposite walls.

Well I?m glad I avoided that one, he mused to himself.

Thud bug, Naki explained.

I?m not really worried about what it is right now. Does she have any more?

I?ll check. You deal with the other two.

Anakin didn?t particularly need that piece of advice. He was already whirling around to block another blow. The warrior gave some sort of signal to Nom Anor. Deciding that he didn?t have time to deal with whatever they were planning, Anakin lifted the table with the Force and dropped it one the red-hatted Vong. ?I?ll deal with you later,? he promised.

The shaper was ill-prepared. She?s already thrown everything she has.

Good.
    Anakin flipped, landing behind the warrior. The Vong spun around.

Thrust, parry, thrust, parry, thrust, parry?

Would you hurry up and kill him? This is getting boring, Naki complained.

I?m trying! Anakin levitated a chair to intercept another blow from the amphistaff.

Doesn?t Master Yoda say ?Do or do not, there is no try??

Anakin lunged at the warrior. Yoda says a lot of things.

You know, vodun crab armor is weak under the arms.

Now you tell me!

The warrior chose that moment to raise his amphistaff for an overhead strike. Anakin seized the opportunity to bring his lightsaber up, severing the warrior?s arm.

Finish him off before the shaper can do anything.

I?m working on it.
    Anakin struck one final blow, and the warrior fell dead at his feet.

Naki nodded. Not bad, Gramps. Not bad.
  23. _Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Goost post. It wasn't a bad action scene. I love the humore between Naki and Anakin.

Not bad, D_o_Y, not bad. :p
  24. Lonewolf89 Force Ghost

star 5
    Too bad Solo can't wield a blade, he could really show Anakin how to do it! :D

Great job, Yubyub! I can't wait to see what happens to the other Yuuzhan Vong. Looking forward to more!
  25. PaddyJuan Force Ghost

star 4
    good action. loved the constant chatter.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.