Switched Destiny (Anakin Skywalker, Anakin Solo, PT/NJO, AU) UPDATED (DON'T HURT ME!) 12/01!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Daughter_of_Yubyub, Oct 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediStarMoonstruck Force Ghost

star 5
    Why couldn't that have been Nor Amor? :( Why? I guess he's useful, maybe.

Great action! It wasn't bad. :) The only thing I notice (and it wasn't anything action) was that Naki said it was boring. I remember in the Annotied Screenplay book, GL edited out a boring line because he said you never want to tell the audience it's boring or something like that.

But, hey, your fic. Still a cool scene! :)
  2. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    Okay, confession time: That line was me being a bad girl. I was getting so frustrated with spending half an hour on a single sentence that I just had to vent.

Also time for thank yous to the people that made this scene possible:
    Everyone who gave me action tips in this thread.
    Ornen for giving me tips over at the Writer's resource.
    Several of my friends IRL: Sam for sitting down with me and working through the basics of a lightsaber duel and Phil and Alex for coming up with the sword fight in our school play that served as inspiration for a lot of this.
  3. JediStarMoonstruck Force Ghost

star 5
    Glad we could help. :) I really don't think there's anything wrong with it; you did a very good job.
  4. Jaya Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Great post! Glad you had a chance to update it. It was worth the wait.
  5. Jek_Windu Jedi Master

star 4
    The action was quite entertaining, the banter between Naki and Anakin was great as well, much like I thought they would be if they ever met. Please make the wait between posts shorter this time 8-}
  6. EBrooklynW Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow i just found this story. Great stuff! Please keep posting.

~EBW
  7. picciami Jedi Master

star 4
    I still think those two are great together.
  8. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    Don't worry, I'm going to keep posting. I've been really busy with finals and now graduation stuff. For instance, as I post this I haven't slept all night. :p
  9. Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    :D :D my sister's whining at me cuz i started reading this to her, but stopped when i got tired of it :p she likes it though ;)

great post -- loved the chatter in between [face_laugh]

~TJF
  10. jedi_bounty Jedi Master

star 3
    Up! I liked this story DoYy :p . Are you going to continue?

JB
  11. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    Yep. It's next up in my update rotation.

Sorry I'm so slow, but I have four fics going.
  12. jedi_bounty Jedi Master

star 3
    I'll be looking forward to more!

JB
  13. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
  14. Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Really? :D

SWEET!!!!

*bounces off the walls as she waits for the post*

15. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    I just have to find the right diskette and then I can type and post it.
  16. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, I never did find the right disk... So I typed the update separate from everything else. Where is that disk?

Well, don't just stand there. You've only killed on warrior, our work is far from done, Naki insisted.

Anakin rolled his eyes at the young ghost. Can't I have just one minute to savour my victory, spoilsport?

Naki shook his head and pointed to the shaper and Nom Anor. No, actually, you can't. You have to deal with these two instead.

Anakin strode over to the shaper's corner and matched gazes with the alien. "So... are we going to do this the easy way or the hard way?"

"Silence, infidel!"

"Look, you really aren't in any position to be ordering me around. I just killed your muscle man, I'll have no problem dispatching you in a similar manner.

Diplomacy isn't exactly your strong suit, is it? Naki commented.

You're one to talk.

I assure you, my mother was heartbroken.

Anakin considered asking him to elaborate but decided he would get nothing more than another cryptic statement about the future and destiny.

Naki smiled. Smart man. You finally figured it out.

Anakin turned to Nom Anor. "Perhaps you will be more cooperative."

"Tell him nothing!" The shaper implored. "Only infidels need fear the end."

The Jedi didn't even bother turning around. "What was it I said about giving orders? Remember, Nom Anor, you are in a very difficult position right now. I want to know everything. Where the yammosk is, where it needs to be, how you got here and why you're trying to get the yammosk to where it's going. Everything. Now, you can either tell me, or I can leave my bargaining table exactly where it is. It's your choice."

"Tell him nothing," the shaper repeated. "Pain is a gift from the gods and death their greatest gift of all. Do not bow to his insignificant threats."

Naki grimaced. Right, I had forgotten about that little quirk of theirs.

You seem to forget a lot of things that would be really useful to me.

Well, I'll explain it now. Those scars aren't because the Vong think beauty is pain. They mutilate themselves because they believe that pain is beauty.

Anakin rolled his eyes. Clever. Now what do you propose I do about this?

Silence the shaper.

Anakin reached gleefully for his lightsaber.

Not permanently, Naki scolded.

Anakin let his hand drop. The lightsaber still called to him, but he knew better than to argue with his ethereal grandson. Then what do you want me to do?

Just get her out of the way for a few minutes, that's all. If she isn't there to push Nom Anor around, some of his decidedly un-Vonglike characteristics are bound to kick in.

Anakin strode over to the shaper and hauled her to her feet. Naki, can you find me a closet or something?

Yeesh. Learn to walk through walls and suddenly you're everyone's errand boy.

Anakin shook his head. A few days ago, it would never have occurred to him that it was possible to mutter telepathically.

You'll find that a lot of things that never occurred to you are possible, Naki shouted from across the room. Here's your closet, incidentally.

Anakin dragged the shaper over to the makeshift holding cell. It was an inferior prison, completely devoid of any locking mechanism. To compensate, Anakin used the Force to move a chair into a barricading position.

You know, you could have walked over and put that there yourself.

I'd rather do it this way.

A wise person once told me you shouldn't use the Force so frivolously.

Could you kill the lecture? You're as bad as Obi-Wan.

My Master says he was a great Jedi.

By times, perhaps,
    Anakin confessed.

Well then, can we get back to the task at hand?

Anakin glanced over at the alien still pinned under the table. I supposed. What do you expect getting rid of the shaper to accomplish?

Naki walked over to the table. It's simple, really. Nom Anor isn't the most religious of Vong. Sooner or later,
  17. Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh Naki!!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I LOVE THIS FIC!!!!!!!!!!

18. Jek_Windu Jedi Master

star 4
    Great post!! But please don't wait another MONTH to post!!

POST MORE SOON
  19. JediStarMoonstruck Force Ghost

star 5
    You know, if Naki doesn't stop lecturing Anakin, he may not fall to the Dark Side. :D Can we hope? :D

Can't wait to see Nom Amor cave in! [face_devil]
  20. jedilady_th Jedi Knight

This is great, looking forward to more!
  21. LadyZ Jedi Master

star 4
    "Yeesh. Learn to walk through walls and suddenly you're everyone's errand boy. " [face_laugh]
    [face_laugh]

I love this fic!!!!! :D
  22. jedishellyskywalker Force Ghost

star 4
  23. _Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Master

star 4
    This fic is GREAT!!!! Again, the way the granfather/grandson duo is amazing. Hoping for more! :D
  24. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    Agent_Jaid Thank you for your enthusiasm.

Jek_Windu Thanks. Sorry, I never mean to take a month. It just sort of... happens.

JediStarMoonstruck I assure you, I'm going to enjoy writing it. And you're right, if I'm not careful, I'm going to re-write more than I meant to. :p

jedilady_th Thanks. :)

LadyZ Thank you!

jedishellyskywalker What can I say? Those two just want to be in a humour fic. :p

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Thanks! Yes, I find them a really fun pair to work with.

Lurkers :p I love you guys too!
  25. Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Diplomacy isn't exactly your strong suit, is it? Naki commented.
    You're one to talk.
    I assure you, my mother was heartbroken.

[face_laugh] she would be :p cool post DoY :D

~TJF
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.