main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY SWN 2015 CHARACTER VOLUNTEER THREAD

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BigDanLevitan, Jan 19, 2015.

1. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    As we discussed at Saturdays meeting, this thread is for people to volunteer for spots in the video portion of the show. Most of you in attendence heard the rough outline and the writers have asked that anyone who would like either a "speaking part" or "non-speaking part" to post to here. The outline shows that there are spots for everyone either taliing or as extras of some sort.

Please understand that the writers WILL do their best to accomadate all requests.

The roles will go to those in the group who have been actively involved in the group since last SWN first. IE: If the last time we saw or heard from you was last SWN, you may be relagated to being just a background character. Any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me directly at dmalcomb@msn.com.

2. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    To further clarify, please state your characters name as well. While the writes may know you have a jedi costume, they may not know off hand any name you may have for the character.

WookieeJedi likes this.
  3. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    • Rebel Pilot
    • Generic background Sith
    No specific character names.

Willing to speak when needed, or just stand in the background and look pretty.

BobbyFromBUF and Wild Sidewalker like this.
  4. SenseiWill

SenseiWill Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2014
    I appreciate the chance to offer suggestions and to volunteer, especially given that I just joined the North Ridge and haven't had the opportunity to participate in other events yet, and I now offer the following:

Preferred part: Captured Jedi in the fighting pit in first scene (which is Video 2 I believe). My proposed Jedi name would be Arcona Wal.
    Secondary choices: Generic background Jedi or Sith in dueling video sequence/live field battle.
    No preference as to speaking or not.
    Also able to assist in fight choreography for other performers if needed.

As I recall from the outline, this Jedi is shown being beaten down, then is given a crystal and defeats a Sith, before facing off against Darth Maul. I would propose the following as to how this scene would play out:

The Jedi is beaten down, perhaps ending up on his back or on all fours. The Jedi is then given a crystal- perhaps whoever hands it to him can do so while he is on the ground? When the Jedi is given the crystal, he will then shake and stand up very quickly (I am able to perform an acrobatic maneuver known as a kip-up, which would be a nice way to demonstrate the powered-up Jedi's new abilities).
    I don't recall if this scene involved lightsabers or not, but given my martial arts background, I would love to choreograph either a hand to hand exchange here or a quick lightsaber duel. It might make sense to have the powered-up Jedi defeat more than 1 Sith in this scene, to play up the power of these crystals.

Lastly, I believe the scene ends with Maul igniting his lightsaber, implying this Jedi doesn't survive. I would be happy with this ending, but offer the following as additional suggestions:

A quick duel happens here between the powered up Jedi and Maul- Maul still defeats the Jedi and prepares to kill him, but is stopped by the Emperor, who offers the Jedi a chance to live and enjoy the power of the crystal. The Jedi accepts, and this would allow this Jedi character to appear in later duels, now fighting against the Jedi. In the storyline, he would either be killed in battle or rejoin the Jedi when the crystals lose their power.

-or-

Jedi and Maul duel. The Emperor offers the Jedi a chance to live and have the power of the crystal. The Jedi refuses, the Emperor says "So be it." and Maul smiles (again implying the Jedi doesn't live).

Thank you again,

-Will

5. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I'm in for whatever is needed in whatever costumes I have.
    Rebel Pilot, Jedi, Sith, Imperial Crewman, Captain Chaos...

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  6. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    Gil, I think we all know that Porkins will be played by you.....

FYI for everyone, please do not discuss the actual script here online. The public does "troll" the boards for any and all info, so let's leave as much to the imagination of the audience

7. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    DUPLICATE POST

8. CapturedJedi

CapturedJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 12, 2011
    Imperial Gunner
    Generic Sith
    Jedi with bathrobe and flashlight

9. SenseiWill

SenseiWill Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2014
    Apologies but apparently I am unable to edit my earlier post, so anyone not supposed to be on here ::waves hand:: "This is not the post you're looking for..."

WookieeJedi and Wild Sidewalker like this.
  10. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    I will be available for both filming and on-field performance as Jedi. Some basic lightsaber dueling would be fine. No falling down for me.

Character name: Obi-Mom

Would be willing to have speaking part if needed.

Need to know filming date(s) with 2-3 weeks notice to request off for work schedule.

11. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Royal Guard
    Generic Sith

12. BizzyDoesit

BizzyDoesit Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2009
    I would like to be an extra and I would like to duel. I could be an jedi or sith

13. Lee Solara

Lee Solara North Ridge Secretary star 2

Oct 30, 2013
    Doesn't look like many people have replied.
    I can do speaking or extra as generic sith - Irae Silentium.

14. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    My weekends until March are booked up --and I am guessing you will have filmed by then. I'm available as background as any of my usual characters if you film during a weeknight or after mid-March (usual characters: Jedi, Rebel Pilot, Twi'lek).

15. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Last I heard, filming would be over multiple days and not likely to start until late March. Promo filming will likely occur in February.

16. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    I'm in for whatever.

Pilot
    Crewman (grey or black)
    Bartender
    Jedi
    Sith
    Snowtrooper
    Mando
    Wookiee
    Greivous

I would rather not speak. Unless I'm the bartender....lol

17. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    Princess Leia- ANH and Jedi.
    Snow Mando

Available for the day of the event.
    Available for the Live show however dueling will be limited due to shoulder stuff.
    Available for filming on a limited basis as previously discussed. Available for speaking or just background.

18. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Jedi General My'Ko
    Stormtrooper

Available for speaking and background.
    Good for live show.
    Good for dueling.
    Good for filming.

19. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    The Emperor, of course, will participate.

20. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    Boba Fett available for the game and filming. Speaking or non speaking role.

21. Jonathan Xavier Jones

Jonathan Xavier Jones Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 10, 2012
    I'd like to just be known as the Jedi Crusader for right now. More than willing for speaking role as well as on screen and field roles.

22. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    Hey, can I play the role of Jenner Telsh?????

23. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    I forgot to add the names of the characters:

Pilot - Big Vato
    Crewman (grey or black) - Bit Character
    Bartender - Wuher
    Jedi - Master Darklon Cage
    Sith - Gigantus Balor
    Snowtrooper - Snowy
    Mando - Titan (Snow Mando)
    Wookiee - Tarfful
    Greivous

24. JediHeadBanger

JediHeadBanger Jedi Knight

Jun 28, 2010
    Generic Sith- Darth Rylan
    Available for speaking or background
    Available for dueling in videos and live show

25. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    ANYONE ELSE???? now is your time to speak up on if you want a part in the videos/storyline. Otherwise it is only your fault if you are not featured so no skywalkering (crying/complaining) after the final script is out.

Lee Solara likes this.