main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWN 2016 - Production Team

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BobaChris12, Oct 13, 2015.

1. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    As we begin looking at SWN 2016, we will set up our production team to write, direct, produce, and help with the overall video and on field performance. If you are interested in any of the positions, please post a response. Feel free to answer any questions.

Here are some of the positions needed to make it happen. Duties to follow.

Director (potentially for video and a separate director for the on field performance)
    Assistant Director
    Writing Team (need to discuss number of writers)
    Sound/Audio

These are some positions that we have held in previous years. Other roles may be needed as this is a large production that can be heavy for one person to handle all of.

If I missed a position we need, please post and I will add it.

2. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    I'd be interested in participating on the writing team

3. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    I would like to return again as one of the writers, and possibly the music person as well

4. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    Larry would be interested in director of videos primarily, but would do both video and live show as last year.

5. Doubleblade86

Doubleblade86 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 29, 2009
    I volunteer for writer.

WookieeJedi likes this.
  6. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I would like another chance to direct. I definitely support the creation of a production team for the videos and a "second unit" for the live show. I feel my skill set is more for videos and hardly at all for live show but I will work where the club will have me.

I'd also like to be part of the writing team again.

I'd recommend against a formal Assistant Director position if we go with having a Live Show Unit Director.

Also, I would recommend that instead of a Sound Director we go with a Special Effects Director who would not only be responsible for identifying and obtaining music and needed sound effect files, but would also work closely with the Bisons video editor to communicate on desired visual effects and help then coordinate those editing needs on filming to the director to make sure that shots are blocked in the needed way, as well as just simply filmed, that support the desired visual effects. That appeared really needed this year as a position separate from the director and I know I used the college students to do much of that latter function when I was filming; consulting with the students who would make the visual effects to make sure I got the shots and at the right angles so they could do their job.

BobbyFromBUF and WookieeJedi like this.
  7. Rock Nightshifter

Rock Nightshifter North Ridge Diplomat star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    I would like to write again.

WookieeJedi likes this.
  8. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    I would love to help with the writing if possible. While my schedule would prevent me from doing in week meetings, I can assist in tweaking or touching up the existing story the other writers would come up with.

9. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    BUMPITY BUMP BUMP....... Anyone else?????.....speak now or forever hold your P's & M's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BobbyFromBUF likes this.
  10. GreyGirl

GreyGirl Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2009
    I'd like to be considered for the writing team.

11. GrandAdmDraco

GrandAdmDraco Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2011
    I'd be willing to help when and where and if needed. But work will keep me unavailable more often than not so I'll step aside to others. If help is needed at any point and I'm available I'll do my best to help.

12. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    So is there a deadline for this so we can get rolling and have positions chosen before the SWN 16 meeting on 11/8???? I would say at least the writers so they can take notes and get started with brainstorming and possibly take advantage of any extra stuff we might be able to get from outside sources to make things that much easier and better.

GrandAdmDraco likes this.
  13. 72Princess1

72Princess1 President - NR star 4

Feb 27, 2015
    This has been open for 11 days. I had the minutes posted pretty quickly
    Post meeting for all members to review.
    Personally, let's give it through the weekend and then close in Monday. I think those who are interested in helping have had plenty of time to list their desire to help.
    Volunteers are as follows, in order of their postings:

Writing team (7 volunteers)
    1. Tom
    2. Steve (Wookiejedi)
    3. Dave (Doubleblade66)
    4. Bill (Wild Sidewalker)
    5. Dan (Rock Nightshifter)
    6. Dan (BigDanLevitan)
    7. Norma

Video Director
    1. Larry (Primary choice)
    2. Bill (Wild Sidewalker). -Primary choice

Live action Director
    1. Larry (Second choice)
    2. Bill (Wild Sidewalker). -Secondary choice

Music Director
    1. Steve (WookieJedi)

14. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    I would like to help, but again, from a technical aspect. I want to make myself as available for sabers and cards as I can this year. I should be able to be a little more involved with those projects as I won't be job hunting - at least, have no plans on it anyway.

15. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    OK so are we going to vote like last year and have only 1 director (which personally I think is to much for one person) Or just have the two work together ? Also are we voting for writers and keep it same as last year with only having 2 - 4 writers? Should we start voting ASAP and have it end on Nov 7th which would give people more then a week to vote, then we could reveal the results at the production meeting on Nov 8th?

16. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    As the "noob" of the group, and having no prior experience with previous SWN's, I will remove my name from the pool of writer candidates as it appears there are more than enough for the task. I would still offer my assistance though and hope to be able to contribute to the overall production in some capacity.

17. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Participating in the planning meeting is the clear avenue for anyone, particularly not taking a specific production role, to be involved in the development and presentation of SWN. Also, as the script develops it will be brought before the club for on-going feedback. And, towards the end, we seek anyone with actual performance experience as an actor, in past Bryan Patrick Stoyle and Jess Stuber, to consult on the script from a performer's perspective to help polish the script. That role, script consultant, could be a role as an actor that you could offer your services for in this year's production.

TFS likes this.
  18. Jonathan Xavier Jones

Jonathan Xavier Jones Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 10, 2012
    Would like to apply for assistant director.

19. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Just an FYI.....without going into too much detail.

While it is advantageous to begin working on SWN 2016 in regards to a script and ideas, we may want to slow down a little. During the initial approval process with Disney/LFL, the production was discussed. As of this point in time, we do not have approval to complete the production with the help of the Buffalo Bisons, including using their large video board to show what we put together. This could change in the near future, but as of right now, LFL is not allowing it.

I will keep everyone posted.

20. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    That is complete and utter lunacy!!!!!!! Stupid Mouse!!!!!! I say keep going ahead with stuff as I'm sure it will eventually get approved and since he always seem to fall behind every year (even last year with the extra time ) I say the sooner we start the better. Plus then can have more notice for people to get time off of work for filming and that.

21. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    We can begin developing a story. This news does not directly effect that. In the later stages of development it will affect whether we have any video segments or if it is an entirely live show. But that can be worked with as we get a better sense of it

22. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    OK I really think we need to get things moving on finalizing Director(s) for SWN 16 since last year it took almost 2 months to vote and have the votes tallied before we found out who the director is. Unless we just want to let the two people willing too direct just be the directors and with that being the case there would not be a need for Assistant Director.

As for the other positions that had multiple volunteers....it was finalized at the SWN 16 production/brainstorming meeting that everyone that posted that they can be readily available as a writer is part of the writing team as long as they can all get along. At which point that they have problems getting along then who ever is deemed the director will pick his writing team or can go to a vote on who is finalized writing team.

Just trying to keep things moving along that seemed to be falling to the way side that were decided at the last meeting over a month ago

Wild Sidewalker and BobbyFromBUF like this.
  23. 72Princess1

72Princess1 President - NR star 4

Feb 27, 2015
    I understand that minutes were taken at that meeting but nothing has been posted. Those of us who did not attend have no idea what was discussed. If those minutes/summary can be posted that would be great!!

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  24. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    I agree with Anna on this. Minutes and a brief summary of the meeting should be posted. As far as storyline goes, specifics and sensitive information should be emailed to the participants in the production staff as well as both Chris and myself. I look forward to hearing from each of you as this progresses and look forward to sharing in the creative process.

25. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    I agree as well....just trying to get things moving along