main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY SWN14 Rehearsals

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Wild Sidewalker, Mar 24, 2014.

1. MusicalNeko

MusicalNeko Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2009
    I'll be at tomorrow's rehearsal, but I'll have to leave early around 8:30.

2. GrandAdmDraco

GrandAdmDraco Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2011
    ack ack. i'm tired and seeing things. i'll be there tomorrow! lol

3. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    This Saturday, May 10, we will be re-shooting the scene between General My'ko, Captain Solo, Chewbacca, and the mascots. We also had a Jedi at the control board played by JXJ. The Bisons asked if we could film at 5:30 PM just prior to rehearsal.

Note that while the Bisons will not be resurfacing the parking lot this Saturday as we had been told previously, the Bandits will be playing this Saturday night. So, when you arrive, tell the attendant you are there for Bisons Star Wars Night rehearsal and then go all the way back toward the loading dock and park in one of the reserved spaces.

Anyone not playing one of the roles above BUT are planning on attending rehearsal, we could use Jedi extras at the Control Panel and we need someone to wear Buster's costume; someone with Anthony's build since he will be at a gala that evening and cannot reprise his role. Please reply here if you feel you could be a Jedi extra or if you feel you have the right build to be Buster and will be attending Saturday and can be there by 5:30.

4. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    I am available as a jedi for the re-shoot.

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  5. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    I can do a Jedi if needed.
    Chances are biz can do her Jedi as well.

6. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    AJ can portray Buster. We will be there!!

7. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Thanks AJ and everyone willing to pitch in at this late date! Phew! With JXJ and Elaine as well as possibly Janice, we should be well covered for Jedi extras. But, if it is no trouble to bring your Jedi costume and be there by 5:30 anyway, it is very much appreciated to have "understudies" ;)

8. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Also, for dueling partners, be aware that the three dueling segment times are as follows: 1 minute, 1 minute 45 seconds, and 1 minute 30 seconds. And, please develop your routine for ending your third dueling segment when Order 716 is declared.

9. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    I am coming directly from work at 4:30. I will be there.

10. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I'm at work until 5PM today

11. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Great work tonight, everyone! We finished off the video footage needed and they should be on their way to Alfred by Monday. Also, saw a lot of people training on their duels! See some of you on Monday back at CCF

72Princess likes this.
  12. Lee Solara

Lee Solara North Ridge Secretary star 2

Oct 30, 2013
    Dueling with "Chip the bison" was a surprise this evening. You guys are awesome! Good job Larry.

13. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    This week, practice: Monday, 6-9, CCF. Saturday, 6-9, Holy Ghost. Next week, start of rehearsals: Wednesday, May 21, 6-9, CCF. Saturday, May 24, 6-9, CCF.

Depending on how we look on May 24, we have the option to rehearse on May 26; hopefully, none of us will see a pressing need as that is Memorial Day. We will have another, and final day to rehearse on the field, Wednesday, May 28, 6-9.

Then all the rehearsals that remain after that will be one at Holy Ghost on 5/31, one at a place yet to be determined on June 6, and then it is June 7!

14. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    I will be unable to make rehearsals at all this week due to my contract with the Cheektowaga Community Chorus - they called an extra rehearsal for tonight. Saturday was mentioned in a (much) earlier post.

15. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    No worries. As said above, this week is nothing but dueling practice. Next week starts actual rehearsals.

16. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    I will not be at this weekends festivities due to work. However, I will not miss anything after that.

17. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Same as said to Victor. Your presence will be most needed starting next week.

18. Lee Solara

Lee Solara North Ridge Secretary star 2

Oct 30, 2013
    I'm good for all rehearsals.

19. GreyGirl

GreyGirl Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2009
    May be late to rehearsal tonite. Have tix at Irish classical. Thought practice was at field tonite! My bad.

20. MusicalNeko

MusicalNeko Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2009
    I'll be late tonight, I get out of work at 6:30.

21. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    No worries! We will be at Holy Ghost for our last practice session before starting rehearsals next week. I'll wait to hold the briefing tonight until later so any late arrivals will have a chance to get there. :)

22. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    I am good for all rehearsals going forward, starting Wednesday.

23. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    To all rehearsal participants: since you'll be out-on-the-town already, consider meeting after at the Pearl Street Grill & Brewery this week for some post-rehearsal drinks and snacks with your fellow performers. First round is on me. :)

24. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    Do you mean wed or sat??

25. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Days we are at Coca Cola Field I am suggesting we go to Pearl Street afterwards; I'm open to other local venues. So, yes, this week, Wednesday and Saturday, I'm suggesting we go to Pearl Street.

Or were you asking which days the first round is on me? Hahaha! The answer is BOTH!