main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY SWN15 Hawkbats Squadron pilots - Stand by!

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Wild Sidewalker, May 8, 2015.

1. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    [​IMG]

The Alliance and Jek Porkins needs you!

Sign up here if you have a film-ready pilot costume and would be available in the first couple of weeks of June to be involved in filming, for less than a half hour, as an X-wing pilot! Roles beyond Porkins will be set based on who is available on the finalized filming time.

72Princess1 likes this.
  2. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    Hawkbat 4 reporting in.

Right now I have most weekends free in June, although they tend to fill up all at once, and fast.

So the sooner I can know when to block off time, the better :D

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  3. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Good to know! As you can imagine, the Bisons are anxious to get filming completed as soon as possible once the set is on location on June 1. As soon as the date is firm, I'll make sure you are informed.

"I'm not a very good Jedi, am I?" - Quinlan Vos

4. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    I'm in. Let me know the particulars when they become available.

5. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    We've been given a green light! Filming for pilots will occur Sunday morning, June 7, at Coca Cola Field. The set is being transferred from the Buffalo Museum of Science exhibits workshop to CCF at 10:00 AM. Filming will commence once the set arrives and is put in place in their green screen room. Filming should take an hour total so we should be done by noon.

6. Solo42986

Nov 4, 2002
    So what's our call time? 10am as well?

7. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Given that we will be driving slowly from the museum to CCF to avoid damaging the set, I'd say, 10:00 is call time and 11:00 is filming. Anthony and the Bisons will be at CCF at 10:00 ready to receive the set and get started. So if you report there at 10, probably through the loading dock, you should be able to get changed there per our usual arrangements.

8. 72Princess1

72Princess1 President - NR star 4

Feb 27, 2015
    If anyone has a pilot costume I could wear who is unable to attend, I would be available

9. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Pilots, please post, for Sunday, June 7, if you are available to film with an 10:30 AM call and 11:30 AM film AND/OR 5:30 PM call and 6:30 PM film. Gil is only available after 5:00 PM that day and if we can do all the filming after 5:00 PM, that'd be nice... but, mainly I'm trying to get a sense of how we can best do this. Thanks!

10. Solo42986

Nov 4, 2002
    Morning only.

11. MassageVentress

MassageVentress Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 24, 2009
    Evening would work better for me :)

12. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    Hawkbat 17 ready for duty!
    The morning of 6/7 would work better. Already have plans from 3-6pm.

13. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    How about after 6pm?

14. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    I could be there around 6:30-7.

15. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    I can make either time.

16. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    The Bisons decided to go with an evening shoot to accommodate Gil's work schedule, as he is the only named pilot, for the cockpit scenes. So, Gil, Karen, Lisa, and Michelle, you will be the pilots. Please arrive at Coca Cola Field as soon as you can, Sunday, June 7, prior to 6:30 PM, I will set a call time on set of 5:30 knowing that some of you cannot be there until closer to 6:30 PM. We will film pilot lines in the order that performers arrive.

Marty if you still have an interest in being filmed as a pilot and have the X-wing pilot Service Dress Uniform with beret there is a conference room scene that will also need a pilot (in his or her SDU). The same goes for any of the other pilots; if you own the pilot SDU, we could use you in the conference room scene to be filmed at Rich Products. I'm not in charge of that filming unit so please check the board regularly for updates on the filming of other scenes.

17. Solo42986

Nov 4, 2002
    What SDU are you referring to?

And I can make the evening shoot if there's a possibility of being able to film a line or two first. Unless there are only lines written in for four pilots. I was just trying to avoid driving the hour and a half home late on a Sunday.

18. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Hmm, as you said morning only, the list I gave above represents the four pilots needed for the cockpit scenes.

If you are already in town that weekend and want to be filmed as a pilot, we could have you say all three "not-Porkins" lines; I'd then also have Karen, Lisa, and Michelle do the same and Larry and the editor could pick which person they want to use for each line based on performance.

As to the conference room scene, SDU means Service Dress Uniform; I've seen them worn by pilots (the SDU, versus the flight suit, would be used when attending meetings, formation, etc) such as Gil and I think Steve and maybe Dave? No idea what it involves but they have a beret on, no flight vest or helmet. Not remembering if they are simply wearing their regular flight jumpsuit or something else and whether they have a belt with a side arm or not and I seem to remember a jacket... but, I'd say Gil would know best.

Not sure what you mean about making an evening shoot if you can "film a line or two first". You mean filming before the evening shoot? The evening shoot would be to film all the cockpit lines; there will be no cockpit filming prior to 6:30 PM that Sunday.

As to what time or day the conference room scene will be filmed, evening or otherwise, I have no idea as other than the cockpit scenes I've not been given any other filming assignments. But, the pilot that is not Porkins does have a line in that scene.

19. Solo42986

Nov 4, 2002
    I plan on making a special trip up to Buffalo for filming, since most of the other dates mentioned so far are bad for me. I said morning only since I'm trying to avoid having to drive home late at night before a work-day. Since morning is no longer an option, I'd rather lose sleep and get one scene filmed than possibly not be included in filming at all.

I don't know how many different lines or pilots are required for that film sequence, but I would be fine with filming all of them and leaving it up to Larry & Co. to determine.

I meant "film a line or two first" meaning I could be the first person to film lines and then be able to drive home, instead of waiting around for hours and getting home exceedingly late.

Mother_of_the_Twins likes this.
  20. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Well, FYI, all of the cockpit dialog could fit on a single page. In other words, about a minute of edited footage which translates into about an hour *total* of filming. But, as said, we will film first come first serve; as soon as you're done, you can leave.

21. jediprof

Jul 14, 2009
    Sounds good! This might be a silly question but does 5:30 call time at Coca Cola field mean that we should be dressed in our X-wing uniforms at 5:30 (so get there at 5:00 or earlier for this of us that are able)?

22. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Sorry for any confusion. When I say, "call time" I'm referring to when crew must be on site and ready to work. As a performer you don't have to be ready until we are ready to film. So, 5:30 call is when I have to be there along with the camera operator and sound. You can get there any time after that but be ready to film at 6... 6:30.

23. jediprof

Jul 14, 2009
    Thanks! Looking forward to it! I'll be ready to film around 6-ish. If Marty is ready he can film before me no problem.

24. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    I plan to be there as emergency backup pilot and to help move or set anything up ...and can be the r2 puppetier and targeting system

25. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Have you seen the R2 hat? It is looking great!