main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY SWNYC Interest Groups.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MysterySith, Dec 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    We are looking to start some interest groups such as a Book Club, Gaming group, Costuming. If you have any other ideas for a group, post them here. I will be creating some threads on a few interests. Please discuss them their.

2. LilHil

LilHil Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2001
    I would be interested in any RPG or CCG group....especially since my girlfriend is leaving town for a while...I have played the Star Wars CCG but have long since forgotten the rules and it is a pretty complex game. If there is anyone here who currently plays the game and would be willing to teach any new players that would be great. I have also played Young Jedi and would be interested in that or any other new SW CCG....I heard there are a few new ones out. I would also be interested in Cosplay but have never done it before.

3. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    Just out of curiosity Lil Hil, how old are you? You can answer in private or just say over or under 18 or over 21 if you want to make it known you are Leeegal. :)

My reason for asking is...a minor attending meetings in a public place is fine. But if something is to be hosted in a private home, which a game may well be, allowing a minor to attend would be strictly up to the person or people hosting. I hope you understand the need to get this straight. :)

4. LilHil

LilHil Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2001
    Your question is flattering...um actually I am 26 years old and I do have ID to prove it. Now I am wondering what goes on at these events that you guys are carding people :)

5. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    i want in! too bad i'm 16 and techinically not even supposed to be talking to ppl i don't know online or posting on the JC :)

so basically there's no way i could ever attend, but i have light-side Young Jedi deck and always wanted to try CCG but no tengo el dinero o los cardos or anyone to play with

i'm studing spanish btw :)

6. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    LOL LilHil! It's not that your posts sounded one way or the other, the mention of High School friends made me wonder. For the record, SWNYC is ALWAYS open to people of all ages. The only time anyone would be carded would be at a party if they don't seem old enough to drink and want a beer :) There are also other issues that get raised whenever a minor is in attendence. Unfortunately, we DO live in a lawsuit happy world and people have to protect themselves in all eventualities. Again I hope I did not offend LilHil or any of our other underage participants. I am the first to say that a person's age does not determine their maturity. (I myself am 34 going on 12!) :) LilHil thanks for your candor!

7. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Hmm...I posted in the other thread but just to make sure...
    I would definately love an RPG group.
    Like I said, I have alot of the new D20 books. I have not GM'd a game before so that part is new to me(I have played RPG before though) I have been wanting to get more interested in RPG'ing since it is just Aysardra and me. She is new to RPG games like that and I'm new to GM'ing..so it makes it difficult....
    I'm with Lil Hil on the CCG, I haven't played it in over 2 years now but would love to rehash that too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.