main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY SWNYC STAFF APPROVED OF THE PICNIC

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Grand_Admiral_Cully, Jun 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Admiral_Cully

Grand_Admiral_Cully Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2002
    MysterySith
    Title: Fanforce Advisor
    SWNYC VP
    Date Posted: 6/3 6:06pm Subject: RE: 11 DAYS TILL "FAN DAY WEEKEND" Yippee. Does anyone have details on events for the weekend or s
    Well, I just voted for the picnic.

Beware of the Geonosians, uh I mean ants.
    -----signature-----

The Place for NYC Fans: http://www.SWNYC.com

Just so you all know!!! By the way if a Admin can find out who voted for the Picnic and who voted for a sleepover at the ZIG, I was the only one who voted for SLEEPOVER AT THE ZIG, so you all lost out, because this was voted on by your peers, the picnic was a topic that took on a life because of THEFORCE.NET Forum users in New York.

2. Starwarsmania

Starwarsmania Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2002
    I agree. I would have like to gone to the picnic. Too bad, it might have been a blast.

3. Grand_Admiral_Cully

May 9, 2002
    Thanks this was posted by a SWNYC staff member, who approved of the picnic so I do not understand why all the hub bub

4. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    I never said the picnic was a BAD idea or that we did not want to do it or something like it in the future. It sounded great until YOU set off Warning bells with your ridiculous suggestions of digging a hole in the park and making a chess board. That's when I began to look into it, spoke to our corporate attorney (not my neighbor)and learned of the liability involved. Therefore the idea had to be shut down.

We had suggested an event on the line that got nixed for the same reason. LIABILTY. We got over it. Why can't you do the same?

You are realling beginning to annoy our members. Consider this a warning and request to stop with the nonsense.

And Again I say ....
    Rudolph got to lead the sleigh team but still had to go where Santa told him to! :)

5. Grand_Admiral_Cully

May 9, 2002
    First of all, the hole idea was a STAR WARS TIME CAPSULE,
    Secondly, YOU NEVER PERSONALLY SAID THE PICNIC WAS A GOOD IDEA EVER.
    Thirdly, you took your sweet time to bash down a forum that had momentum to make a great event.
    Fourth, this is to show the division between your staff members, and you could of just said NO HOLE, NO CHESS, LETS EAT!
    That would have been great. Chess could have been a make shift string and tape, on grass, nothing permananent. BY THE WAY people play LIVE CHESS in C.P. all the time. If you actually lived in New York by the Park as I do you might know this, but you don't.
    Fourth, don't take it personal, and acknowledge the PICNIC WAS NOT MY CHOICE it was voted for by SWNYC staff,not me.

No he gave the Reindeer a Swift kick in the A**.

6. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Alan is not a committee.

7. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Cully, the fact that you seem to relish pointing out the so-called "division" among our staff members leads me to believe you wish to see our group destroyed. Nobody, least of all you, will cause that to happen.

8. Starwarsmania

Jun 5, 2002
    Isn't Alan the VP of SWNYC? You would think the VP could give the ok to this and be fine to execute on it.

Just my two cents.

9. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    I have ben quiet on this long enough.

Cully

GROW UP

So you cant have the picnic, BIG DEAL.

GET OVER IT.
    Is this how you act when you can not get your way, then you need to grow up.

Can we please ban this guy

CJ

10. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    Cully, I'm the resident troublemaker here and you're even starting to annoy me. Take a hint and stop already.

11. ObiWill

Feb 24, 2001
    Starwarsmania, you already gave your two cents as "Grand_Admiral_Cully" mesa thinks...

12. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    I did not say it on the forum because I don't just post whatever I feel for the hell of it. As one of the leaders, I have to carefully consider any events.

Again, you avoid the real issue with the picnic which was liability. Once I got the idea to talk about it to an attorney I realized we could not hold the event as SWNYC PERIOD. What part of that are you not getting? I did not ask your link to plan it privately be removed. I just diasassociated it the club. You made the choice to turn this into more and by posting your childish rants on other forums. Once a thread turns sour and members ask for it to be locked that happens. Like this one will be soon if it continues.

And it does not matter WHAT Rudolph did to the other Reindeer..he still took orders from Santa! :)

13. Starwarsmania

Jun 5, 2002
    Uhm....I am not "Grand_Master_Cully," (thank goodness), but the guy does have a valid point.

14. Grand_Admiral_Cully

May 9, 2002
    Will, don't start something you can not finish.

The truth hurts.

I will concede on this topic, but YOU all need to just cool it and notice THE PICNIC was NOT MY CHOICE!!! IT WAS A FAN CHOICE.
    A LITMUS TEST! If you took the time to read the thread from start to finish you would see that it was to stir discussion and suggestions for a Fan Day Reunion, and C.P. does carry insurance when you sign up for an event. Don't be so narrow.

15. ObiWill

Feb 24, 2001
    I am not trying to start anything, I was merely theorizing that Starwarsmania is your "sock." There are many socks on the JC.

edit: Threatening me will only get you banned faster.

16. Grand_Admiral_Cully

May 9, 2002
    Will, just because people actually listen when I speak does not mean I have a clone. Actually it is a friend of mine, who is LOYAL and would not betray me, and talk about it in public to embarass you, hey you know how it is, Summer's Comin...

17. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    You are no Jack Nichelson.

Cully is ruining my enjoyment of the boards. I do not want to go into this forum and read rude responses to my posts over and over. I second the banning.

18. ObiWill

Feb 24, 2001
    I have enough loyal friends here. And the Summer's Comin comment is just childish.

Anyway, I foresee that we won't have to be listening to you speak for much longer, at least here.

19. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I've kept my mouth shut...and controled myself.. but now im REALLY angry

I forsee that cully will be taking a small vacation...

Will, just because people actually listen when I speak does not mean I have a clone. Actually it is a friend of mine, who is LOYAL and would not betray me, and talk about it in public to embarass you, hey you know how it is, Summer's Comin...

ENOUGH! GROW UP ALREADY and stop the Bull!

20. Moeskywalker64

Moeskywalker64 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    "Summer's Comin"
    What do you mean?

21. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Cullen is on "Vacation." To quote The Rock. He should "Know his Role and shut his mouth"

He has gone to far this time. If anyone wants his access given back. Please give us a good reason.

22. Moeskywalker64

Moeskywalker64 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    Good reason: We were getting a lot of posts on the NY forum :D
    Nah!

23. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    He has gone to far this time. If anyone wants his access given back. Please give us a good reason.

::Hears the chirping of crickets::

24. Starwarsmania

Jun 5, 2002
    I know I am new to these boards AND a friend of Cully's, but after reading all the posts and X number of threads that include Cully comments, what has he done truly wrong?

He is offering ideas that might help bring more of the members that contribute to this forum together and have some fun.

I will admit that Cully is pretty "intense" but he is just trying to get his point across that the picnic was a good idea and that we could have played human sized chest in the park (Light side vs Dark Side) w/o having to rip up the ground.

25. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    If you go back and read any one of my many posts explaining why the picnic could not be held by SWNYC or planned ont his forum you will understand but here it is one more time.

1. A permit is needed
    2. Liability Insurance is strongly advised
    3. Planning or discussion of any event on any media available for public use by any entity constitutes that entity as sanctioning and or endorsing the event thus exposing the entity to liability. If the media is the main means of communication for the entity and the entity allows discussion or planning to continue without
    stopping it, it is the same as endorsing the event and allowing it to be sanctioned by the entity.
    4. Almost every place carries insurance but in a lawsuit ALL PARTIES ARE NAMED. That would include SWNYC. Event insurance provides enough coverage for the worse case scenario should something go wrong. After careful consideration the staff thought tho the picnic was a good idea it was not wise to have it or plan it here. We agreed and suggested interested parties should take it up in private and plan it on their own. I do not see why that was not good enough. We even suggested places to go to to set up a mailing list or forum to plan it separate from SWNYC. A link was even posted tyo one with our blessing to make this a private event NOT endorsed, promoted or sanctioned by SWNYC.

Frankly, I am not sure why this was not sufficient.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.