main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ SWNZ Giveaway

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Chansplace, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    And the official site databank. According to EU, Bib Fortuna ends up as a disembodied brain in one of those things.

Fortuna endured the madness of an existence deprived of senses for years. Jabba's palace was claimed by an enterprising Twi'lek named Firith Olan, who delighted in tormenting the bodiless Fortuna. Despite being just a brain in an ambulatory jar, Fortuna was able to defeat Olan. He employed the B'omarr techniques to transfer his brain into Olan's body, and Fortuna was able to live again.

That sort of nonsense makes jp-30 cry.

2. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Talking about yourself in 3rd person again huh JP......?

3. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    the jars are under neath the droid and its in the offical star wars dictonary. West end games probaly made it up for there roleplaying stuff.

4. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    theres one pictured in the visual dictionary, but this one has 4 legs as opposed to the toys 6 (or eight? i cant remember) which leads to the conclusion that all B'omarr Monks are individual :p

5. DrMaul

DrMaul Jedi Master star 1

Dec 24, 2000
    My understanding was that all pics of the 4-legged version are of the maquette (which didn't, obviously, appear on screen). The screen-used (life-size) version, and the Hasbro figure, is the 6-legged model.

6. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Smarty Pants [face_plain]

7. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I see it's the 2-month anniversary of the swnz relaunch. Congrats on the site - I, for one, have really been enjoying it. The interviews with Bodie Taylor and the NZ comic artist were great.

btw, I've recently got new contact lenses, and I had to bump up the text size in my internet explorer (view/text size) while my eyes make the adjustment. I've found it caused SWNZ to go a little out of whack - more so, the larger the text is. It's the only website I've found to be affected by that - I guess it's something to do with the layout. No biggie, I can handle it, but I thought I should mention it in case it's a really small coding fix.

8. DrMaul

DrMaul Jedi Master star 1

Dec 24, 2000
    Thanks for the feedback. Font sizes should be starting to behave a little better now. Problem was twofold: I built the CSS incrementally, and really need to go back and clean it up properly (have started to); and the particular server SWNZ is on utilises some slightly non-standard interpretation of whitespace in the HTML code.

I need to work on it further (particularly whilst I try and make the calendar page fully 'fluid' to accomodate all combinations of screen-size, text-size and monitor-size).

Glad you like the content though ;) That's been about as much work as the coding and maintenance.

9. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    This Pirate-theme has taken out our SWNZ newsbox, but there's pictures and reports from Armaggedon day 1 on the site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.