main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ SWNZ is back!! Woo-hoo!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Chansplace, Jan 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    welcome back! we all missed you heaps (well most of us did... ;) ) merry Christmas, happy new year and all. hope youre over your sickness.

your rehab into the forums begins now.

2. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Things really slipped while you were gone, SWNZ. We were overrun with Lord of the Rings threads for a while there! Wait, actually, we still are :D

3. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    the rats need feeding also

4. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
  5. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    SWNZ is back!

(not meaning to "push this" but as soon as I realised you had posted - I remembered a certain Board "redecoration"...

How are you anyway and what did you have? (i beleive you were sick)

welcome back - you better take charge again - Chans was beginning to bring back the ol' leather belt. :p heh (not his "well some of us")

mauahahahahahahaha

LONG LIVE THE LOTR THREADS!
    (for you must - it is the longest on this board! hehe)

6. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Hello my poeple, good to be back. Happy New Year to you all.
    I've had a pc free few weeks and enjoyed the break. Yeah the old stomach is still niggling me at the moment but i'll be back on my feet soon enough.
    Bit dissapointed to hear the leather strap is back in use :eek: I left Chansplace clear instructions that only (and I mean only) the Cane was to be used!
    As for the rats i'll get onto them tomorrow, I thought I left enough chickens for them to devour.

//Cough
    right the old change of banner issue, forgot all about that. Haven't been able to do anything since i'm not on my PC but alas something will soon be done. I take it there are some finished (or close to finished) banners out there already so I'll tell you what. I hope to be back at my PC Friday at the earliest so what I suggest is if you are doing banners or whatever spend the rest of the week adding finishing touches and on Friday (if not friday monday!) I'll start a thread/poll for people to look over the banners and we can start making some decisions. The good thing about the banners is we can change them whenever we want so hang on to them for future use.

Something else we should do at the start of this year is start making some headways into possibly our first meets in our regions for 2002. There is one in Akld coming up so maybe we can co-incide some others with that. So start thinking about dates/places etc.

If there is anything else anyone would like to see done this year whether it be on the boards (like a competition) or in real life then let me know, i'm open to any suggestions.

Anyhoo hope 2002 is a goody for us all.

:)

7. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    2002 should be an... interesting year. :D

SWNZ - I was under the impression you were making [bTHE[/b] banner. If anyone can make them - sweeet - but I beleive JP is the only one (other than yourself) to attempt a NZ JC Banner.

Damn rats are FAT ('F' fat too! :p)

Chans, waddya say we feed the rats to our Cave Trolls? The rats have had long enough at the top of their food chain! And my Troll is hungry!

:D

8. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    well the rats were my idea, i thought they'd go well with the smell

and i'' stand by that decision

9. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    hmmmmm If we can't use the Rats to feed our Cave Trolls, what will we use?

//ponders//

Anyone ever notice how many Ewoks the NZ board has? Perhaps we could use one or two of the Ewok boys. :D

FarmboyNZ
    Buzz-Bumble
    Extra Humble

who shall it be? hehe

:D ;) :p [face_mischief]

10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    "Extra humble"... if only!

;)

11. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001

I cant feed my cave troll, its in "hibernation" at the moment (but i did get to check, and theres no rip in the mouth).

I'll be planning a chch/canterbury swapmeet to hopefully coincide with the Auckland one.

12. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Bah!

You're Lucky to have no rip... AT ALL!

Mum was really naughty the other night. She came home and said:

"I was very naughty today. I saw a Cave Troll mask sitting in the bottom of a box (someone had removed it) and it had no rip. So I put it in my pocket and I'll take your one back tomorrrow."

It did have a rip - lot smaller though and I'm happy. :D

13. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    I think it is feeding time for my pet rancor

On the menu tonight cave troll and SFL

maybe the scraps can go to the rats Humble Extra?

Oh welcome back SWNZ

woo hoo another swap meet, yippie!!!!

14. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    *you again brings out his blaster getting angry at the rats he fires shots out some just missing jc members heads 7 rats get shot he then yells KFR all around*

15. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    ?[face_plain]

damn n00bs!

:p

16. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Just by reading some of these replies, my IQ has lowered by several points. Rats? What in the Force's name are you talking about!!?

17. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    [image=http://www.petstation.com/critterpic-rosie-rats.jpg]

Description Brownish gray above; grayish below. Scaly tail slightly less than half total length, darker above than below. Small eyes. Prominent ears. L 12 3/8"?18 1/8" (316?460 mm); T 4 3/4?8 1/2" (122?215 mm); HF 1 1/8?1 3/4" (30?45mm); E 5/8 ?1" (15?25 mm); Wt 6 7/8?17 oz (195?485 g).

Breeding: Breeds year-round; like other rodents, sometimes mates within hours of giving birth; gestation 21?26 days; female may bear up to 12 litters per year of 2?22 young (usually about 5 litters of 7?11 young). Young born hairless and blind; open eyes at 2 weeks; are weaned at 3?4 weeks.

Sign Dirty smudges around holes in walls and other passageways; damaged goods; tunnels under boards or in riverbanks; pathways from tunnels to food supplies.
    Scat: Dark brown, about 3/4" (20 mm) long.
    Tracks: Hindprint to 2" (50 mm) long, with 5 long, pointed toes printing; narrower foreprint less than half as long, with 4 toes printing. Sets of tracks in alternate pairs, with hindprints placed approximately 3" (75 mm) ahead of foreprints.

Habitat Farms, cities, and many types of human dwellings; in summer, often cultivated fields.

Discussion While early scientific descriptions of this species came from Norway, and it was once believed to have arrived in England in the 18th century aboard Norwegian ships, the Norway Rat is neither a native of Norway nor more common there than elsewhere. Probably originating in Central Asia, from the 16th to the 18th century it spread across Europe both overland and aboard trading vessels; it arrived in North America about 1776 in boxes of grain brought by the Hessian troops hired by Britain to fight the American colonists. The Norway Rat makes a network of interconnecting tunnels 2 to 3 inches (50?75 mm) across, up to 1 1/2 feet (450 mm) deep, and 6 feet (2 m) long. Such a network contains one or more chambers for nesting or feeding, one or more main entrances, and several escape exits. This rat digs by cutting roots with its incisors, freeing dirt, pushing it under its body with its forefeet and out behind with its hindfeet, then turning around and continuing to push the dirt out with its head and forefeet. Its vocalizations include squeaks, whistles, and chirps. This loosely colonial rat is a good climber and swimmer. Omnivorous, it feeds on meat, insects, wild plants, seeds, and stored grain, contaminating with its droppings what it does not eat. It will kill chickens and eat their eggs. Food shortages and unfavorable climates sometimes limit this rat?s reproductive potential, resulting in fewer and smaller litters. When food is abundant, females may produce a dozen litters in a year. At two years, females stop breeding and males? reproductive powers diminish. Snakes, owls, hawks, skunks, weasels, Minks, and dogs are predators. The life span is about three years, but few Norway Rats live that long. If local populations become severely overcrowded, mass migrations may occur. In 1727, hordes of Norway Rats were observed crossing the Volga River in Russia; though millions drowned, many survived. The German nursery legend about the Pied Piper of Hamelin, who rid the town of rats by musically charming them into the Weser River, where they drowned, probably grew from observations of rat migrations. Rats are a major carrier of diseases such as typhus, spotted fever, tularemia, and bubonic plague, and their destructive powers are enormous. As well as eating grain and ruining property, rats have started fires by gnawing matches and caused floods by tunneling through dams. The white rats used in laboratories are specially bred albino strains of the Norway Rat.

18. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    um......... okay

19. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    I think they r womp rats

20. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    SithForceLord: Perhaps we could use one or two of the Ewok boys.

Hmmm ...

I think the rats would much prefer pork. Us Ewoks might just gang up and capture SFL. :)

[Elmer Fudd voice] {tip-toeing around the NZ Board with hunting spear}
    Be vewy vewy quiet ... I'm hunting Gammorean.
    [/Elmer Fudd voice]

21. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    [whispers to chansplace]I'm glad those damn Ewok's are hunting Gammorean - I'd hate for them to hunt Gamorrean[/whisper]

:p

In fact I'd love to see a Gammorean, never seen one of them before ;)

22. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    To quote jp-30 from another thread:

Will the laughter never end?

23. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    //bows//

24. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001