main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ SWNZ - Update

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Chansplace, May 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    for those of you not aware, The SWNZ 'club' has been slowly fading into the background.
    I recieved an e-mail from Jonathan Bloore (president) a while ago about what was happening with SWNZ, he said that from now on the SWNZ site will be a 'news' site rather than a 'members' site.
    therefore the site still exists with updates for events and toy releases within NZ.

SWNZ

SWNZ has been 'detached' from FF for a long time now, ever since Matt Vernon left (who posted here as SWNZ). I know this probably doesn't affect most of us here, I though it be best to inform you all of the changes anyway.

on a similar note, I have begun compiling a list of christchurch based SW fans in the hope of creating a local club. I know there arent many of us that regularly post here, but if youre still interested PM me for more info.

2. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    I was wondering what happened with that ... I paid my $15 about this time last year, and gave them my email and physical address. About 3 months later I got a magazine & a CD ... and then nothing. I never heard from them again. Odd.

3. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Hey Chans, I guess we can have a chat about it when I see you this or next week.

4. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Nice. So they actually update that site now. 8-}

5. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    youd be surprised how active SWNZ once was. it seemed at one stage that everyone posting on the boards were linked either directly or indirectly with SWNZ.

funny how times change :)

6. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
  7. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    what do u call a one man squadron

8. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    hey, there are at least 3 of us :p

9. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Chansplace*
    Enapie*
    Darth_Graal*
    SithForceLord*
    C92588920 (or something - Chans' friend)
    Darth_Sebious
    Some chick that came to premier for AOTC but I've forgotten her username.

* = active.

I wonder who Chans forgot to mention. He said at least 3 of us. I bet he didn't mean to forget Ena, so which out of myself and Graal did he forget, cause I personally would have put at least 4 - as that's the minimum number.

Interesting :p ;)

10. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    Note that members aren't necessarily active users on FF forums.

I don't think Ena would want to be a member, so i didn't include her in the 'minimum number'. The other thing is that we're still deciding whether to include 'Lincolners' :p. Nah seriously, 3 was just the first number that came up, I didn't actually count.

Solo77 has expressed interest as well, and after talking to a few non FF users last night, the number is nearing 10. :)

11. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    Looks like "Blue and Gold" squadron will be flying solo then. :(

12. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
  13. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    It seems a bit sad just to abandon it - they must have heaps of names/addresses on file - they could advertise for someone who might be willing to take over administration of the club.

I do think fan clubs these days are moving onto the internet, though.

14. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    "what do you call a one man squadron"

i was refering to invers squadron me

15. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    good luck lads

16. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    Roff and Ace you could have the "Force Highlanders" tee hee ;)

17. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    [face_plain]

There can be only one.

[face_plain]

18. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I see star-wars.co.nz are about to go through an overhaul ... they say 'coming Saturday'.

19. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    Thats right, SWNZ is now under new 'guidance'. check it out:

SWNZ

Matt Glasgow has taken the Helm, so if you have any news/updates or are interested in contributing, send him an e-mail.

20. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    It's looking good, I like the silver ferns.

21. DrMaul

DrMaul Jedi Master star 1

Dec 24, 2000
    Thanks Cen,

I really hope to, with the assistance of the enthusiastic staff who have signed on, be able to keep it ticking over with interesting and relevant news...the goal is not to be just another clone of all the big SW news/collectible websites.

I also hope we can meet everyone's needs, and that we can spur on some audience participation: feel free to hit me with any ideas, or things that you want to contribute.

Cheers,
    Matt G
    www.Star-Wars.co.nz
    www.Dr-Maul.com

22. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    no probs 'DM' :p

and with that, i'd like to formally welcome you back to the boards. enjoy your stay!

23. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    What would be really awesome, is if we could have the update headlines on star-wars.co.nz in our news box in the bottom right-hand corner. I think it would encourage people to visit the site.

Currently, the graphics and .js file with the news updates, is stored on star-wars.co.nz. So if someone with direct access to the site would like to take over updating it ... and maybe changing the graphics to tie in with star-wars.co.nz's new look, it would be great.

24. DrMaul

DrMaul Jedi Master star 1

Dec 24, 2000
    Cen - I'll pop in from time to time...more so than previously now that I am trying to build up the relationship btw SWNZ and FF.

Kitt - I am happy to either work with whoever did the current FF graphics to synchronise the SWNZ and FF flavours, or do them myself if someone wants to forward me all the requirements.

Regarding the news updates: I see what you mean about it being a little out of date ;) ...I have eyeballed the .js source, but am a little unfamiliar as to how it fits into the bigger picture. I can host it on my own server so that I can update it more easily...I presume that there is an admin function on the FF boards that allows someone to nominate its URL? Does the javascript have to be updated via its source, or is there a web-based tool or something to facilitate this?

Matt G
    www.Star-Wars.co.nz
    www.Dr-Maul.com

25. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Our current fanforce graphics haven't been up that long, so they're okay for the mo, I guess. Although when I think about it, maybe it was a while ago ... how time goes ...

I was thinking more of the news box graphics, which are also hosted on starwars.co.nz ... under a folder called 'headings' I believe. The thing is, if we changed it to star-wars.co.nz updates, a heading other than 'New Zealand News' might be better. No big deal, though.

As far as I know, javascript does have to be updated via its source ... but then, I'm a computer science student geekette, so I've never updated a website any way other than via its source, lol. It's not too tricky, just a matter of changing these lines:

new sa("Star Wars Saga on TV3","http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10293500&replies=1","25 January 2003 10:18:00 NZST"),

to

new sa("<Title of Update>","<URL of update>","<Date of Update>"),

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.