main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ SWNZ - Update

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Chansplace, May 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrMaul

DrMaul Jedi Master star 1

Dec 24, 2000
    That's okay, that's what I presumed with the news script: the only code editor I use is notepad ;)

...more soon when I get some free time later today...

2. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    this has more to do with me being slack etc., but it _would_ be good if news items were posted here.

For example, who here knew there was a swap meet last Sunday? 'Cause I sure didn't, and am quite annoyed I missed out.

(sigh)

Next year, I guess ....

Lawrence

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    A swap meet last weekend? :eek:

Damn - I'm on a Shadows of the Empire kick right now too. Woulda been nice to pick up a few items.

:(

4. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    yeah, well, it really annoys me that that news didn't make it as far as this board. I mean, isn't that the oint of coming here?

grrrrrrr

5. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I usually check star-wars.co.nz every two-three days, but unfortunately last week I was flat out with first-week back uni stuff.

Maybe we could have an official thread 'star-wars.co.nz' updates ... and the first member to post each update gets a virtual chocolate fish :)

6. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    STH is right, this is the kinda stuff that most of us would be keen to know about, which is why we are planning the whole FFNZ/SWNZ merge. in fact, theres no reason why they could'nt be considered the same thing.

I've always thought of it like this:
    SWNZ is the news and events side of things, whereas FFNZ is the discussion side. as soliciting is not allowed on the Forums, there will obvously be limits to the things which can be linked to and from the SWNZ site, but generally we hope that stuff like swapmeet news should be widely available.

a separate thread would work well, but sometimes its best for a new thread to be created (ie with the upcoming Armageddon). theres also the SWNZ news box down the bottom (which, being honest, I hardly notice myself) but hopefully we'll get that up and running again.

7. DrMaul

Dec 24, 2000
    Cen is right.. the ideal situation, IMHO, is that when both SWNZ and FF serve useful but distinct functions.

I'd like to see lots of links between the two, but in an ideal world, minimal verbatim duplication.

You might have noticed that SWNZ is being updated a little more frequently...I'd like to think that it is worth checking out (and contributing too) on a regular basis. ;)

Matt G
    www.Star-Wars.co.nz
    www.Dr-Maul.com

8. DrMaul

Dec 24, 2000
    STH:- don't worry...it wasn't an official SWNZ swap meet, and some of the relevant stalls were organised very much at the last minute...as it says on the website, there is likely to be a proper (Auckland) SW/Sci-fi one b4 the end of the year (depending on how the website traffic picks up...the audience really did drop off quite a bit earlier in the year), and because that will be planned internally, there should be plenty of notice on www.Star-Wars.co.nz ;)

Matt G
    www.Star-Wars.co.nz
    www.Dr-Maul.com

9. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Nice work guys, looking really good! Great to see things are still going strong. :D

10. DrMaul

Dec 24, 2000
    Thanks Matt.
    :)

11. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Wow, it's the SWNZ :) Nice to 'see' you.

12. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Starwalking Inc. has a similar relationship with FanForce, in that it serves as a place to let other fans know about Starwalking activities and such. Starwalking and FanForce are separate entities, and one need not be a member of one to be a member of the other, but the relationship is a great way to give both clubs a wider member base. This sort of relationship with SWNZ would be quite acceptable, and I would have no problems with SWNZ activities being shown here. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.