main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Swoopbike Racing Beyond the Outer Rim

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Agent_Jaid, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

:D

Hi! I'm currently working on a sequal to a viggie/songfic I wrote a few months back called "Words Miscommunicate".

(yes I know I'm a nutcase... :p)

Now for the sequal, I find myself in need of information for swoopbike racing that would, as far as I can tell, take place outside of even the outer rim.

(I think... :p)

Anything at all that ANYONE can tell me would be GREATELY appritiated.

:)

And then as just a brief question, would do you think would be the better swoopbike racer, Luke or Mara? And why would one be better then the other?

:confused:

2. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    Better swoop racer ? Difficult question, but I tend towards Luke because of his "youth training" in places like Beggar's Canyon. ;)

3. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Right out of the unofficial encyc.

Swoop:

this was the generic term used to describe any small repulsorcraft larger than a speederbike, which was highly maneuverable, and was often used as a racing vehicle. The swoop was basically an overpowered respulsorlift engine pod with handlebars. It has a pair of landing skids mounted on its bottom, and a control panel attached to the handlebars. Gangs often use swoops because of their speed and compact design. Han Solo once raced swoops for a living. The basic swoop offered no protection for the rider, and were capable of speeds in excess of 600 kilometers an hour. Some swoops were modified for military use after the success of speeder bikes at Endor.

Swoopchasing :

a form of swoop racing, a swoopchase involved negotiating a swoop through an obstacle course. The course consisted of five or more gravity obstacles which pushed or pulled the swoop away from the course. Often, the obstacles involved dangerous consequences for the racers. It was generally accepted that swoopchasing originated on the planet Omman, the brainchild of bored farmers. Over the decades, as the sport became more and more popular, races became sanctioned and leagues formed to govern the sport. Three of the most prominent courses were located on Socorro, Redcap, and Najiba, and any rider to win all three in succession was guaranteed a place in history. A fourth course on par with these was developed on Neftali. Minor racecourses, used in qualifying heats, were located on Omman, Tatooine, and Garos IV.

As far as where, swoop racing takes place where ever you can get two swoopers together, though that far out of 'civilization' it might not be terribly organized.

4. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

Luke? Yeah, but, I don't know if he'd win because he's... nice.

If Swoop is anything like pod racing, it's going to take a ton, and, yes, he probably COULD survive, but I can see Mara surviving better then Luke can, if that makes any sense...

5. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Swoop racing is like racing motorcycles, only lots faster and there's no actual contact with the ground...

I'd imagine that it takes a good deal of balance, grit, and level-headedness, along with a death wish that just won't quit.

6. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

balance, grit, and level-headedness,

Mara

along with a death wish that just won't quit

Luke. Definately Luke. :p Althought he has grit too, Mara tends to be more level-headed in emergencies and as a dancer/assassin, she has exquisit balance. (or thus I assume...)

But... argh! I can't pick! This isn't fair! I shouldn't be this torn up! Grrr...

7. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    Luke...Alright I'll be the sexist here so don't flame me to much ladies. Us guys were made to go fast, fast cars...er swoop bikes, and fast women. :p hides from all the ladies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.