main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Sword and Flame (Post NJO) J/J, J/TK, many more. Post next week...Promise.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DCWiz00, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    That's good then, more posties RoK

~Ann

2. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    *Boosts*

Rise, thread!

3. Ylesly

Ylesly Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 9, 2004
  4. DCWiz00

DCWiz00 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    Sorry for the wait, I had a major case of writer's block doing this post and I rewrote it about seven times. It's kind of small, but the next post is extra big so it all evens out. I'm writing the next post now, so it should be done in the next couple days. I'll get replies up when I'm at work tomorrow.

Kyp Durron watched as his apprentice practiced his telekinesis. The two Jedi were currently on route to their next assignment, and were using the meditation chamber on their transport for some extra training.

?Master, what do you know about the uprising on Mrlsst??

Kyp Durron paused for thought on his apprentice?s question. In truth, there was very little the Council knew of what was happening on Mrlsst; hence his mission to assist Sannah in resolving the current situation. This was the first mission he had taken with his apprentice, and so far the voyage had left them both with plenty of time to continue his training. ?From what we know, a military coup has ousted the elected government and has installed a form of theocracy in which the laws of their old religion are now being enforced. Apparently, those responsible for the coup are a group of religious leaders that believe their ancient god of death has come back to rule the planet and punish the people for their transgressions.?

?Are we to intervene and stop the leaders of the coup?? asked Velos.

?No,? Kyp replied. ?The Galactic Senate has declared the coup an internal matter and will not approve of any use of force to reestablish the old regime. We are simply to investigate the rumors of possible outside influence on the people, and try to negotiate with the current regime.?

?What if the current leaders do not wish to negotiate??

?We are here to find a diplomatic solution to the current problems on Mrlsst.? Kyp smiled. ?However, I suppose we will have to use more aggressive forms of negotiations if the need should arise.?

?Master Durron, we are entering the Mrlsst system,? said a voice from the com system.

Kyp hit the transmit button on his chair. ?Thank you, Captain Nurell. Use standard diplomatic approach, and send word of any transmissions from the planet.?

Captain Nurell was a veteran of the last war, and had years of experience with diplomatic envoys. He was personally selected by Master Hamner to command one of the new transports assigned to the Jedi Council. Kuat Systems Engineering designed the small transport under the watchful eye of Master Skywalker. The transports were specifically designed to ferry Jedi Masters to and from their assignments and were equipped with an impressive array of systems. In addition to four turret mounted R-9X quad laser cannons, the ship is armed with two ion cannons and two concussion missile launchers. The ship has a capital ranked shield generator, a .75x hyperdrive system, and a tractor beam. Creation of these transports was one of the last things Luke had done before resigning his seat on the Council.

?Master Durron,? said the voice of Captain Nurell, ?we are receiving an recorded transmission for you from the planet.?

Kyp paused for thought before replying. ?Thank you, Captain. Please redirect it here.?

An image appeared before the Jedi master as the holonet receiver activated. Instead of a space transit officer, or even a government official, the image coalesced into the form of the young Melodie Jedi, Sannah. This was to be her last assignment before she returned to Yavin 8 to undergo her Changing Ceremony, and after all the rumors he had been receiving about the turmoil on the planet, he was sure she would be relieved to see some back up coming to her aid. Kyp smiled slightly at the image of the youthful Jedi Knight. ?Greetings, Sannah. What do you have to report on the current?? Before he could finish, the strong voice of Sannah abruptly cutoff the Jedi master?s question.

?Greetings, Jedi! My Lord Ahriman, the most exalted God of Suffering, welcomes you. You have the honor of being his guests at his most holy residence, and can see

5. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Okay...What's Sannah up to, I wonder. :D

6. Anastasia_Fel

Sep 10, 2004
    Awesome Post Wiz

~Ann

7. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    ?Greetings, Sannah. What do you have to report on the current?? Before he could finish, the strong voice of Sannah abruptly cutoff the Jedi master?s question.

?Greetings, Jedi! My Lord Ahriman, the most exalted God of Suffering, welcomes you. You have the honor of being his guests at his most holy residence, and can see first hand the wonders he has brought to this world.?

[voice=sarcastic] Gee . . . that doesn't sound suspicious. [/voice]

Great post! :D

8. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Uh-oh...

Hey... are we going to see Valin in this? :p

Liked the ship, by the way. I take it there's a reason you described those weapons... :D

9. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    awesome job! cant wait for the next one!

10. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    What's up with Sannah? That is strange the way she responded to Kyp.

hopefully the next post will give the answers.

*green_eyes*

11. DCWiz00

Mar 29, 2004
    Here's a small teaser, the next post should be up before Friday.

The sunlight reflected of the shuttle?s silvery hull. Cal Omas had to temporarily shield his eyes to watch the ship land. He had to admit, this delegation?s arrival was a surprise since the only rumors of their world spoke of massive devastation and the common consensus was that their civilization had been destroyed during Palpatine?s New Order. The fact that the old Senate had never thought to send a survey team to their world had spoken of the bureaucracy?s inefficiencies. He made a note to try to rectify that in the future.

The shuttle settled on the landing pad gently, and the whine of engines soon faded out. Without even waiting for the engines to finish shutting down, a ramp appeared from the ships seamless hull. A dozen well-armed guards strode down the ramp in perfect unison, each one larger than any human he had ever seen. They all wore black floor-length robes with a crimson-visored helmet the only feature not covered by the black material. Each guard was armed with a long pole capped with a slightly larger cylinder.

The next being to exit the shuttle took his breath away. She slightly shorter than him but carried herself in a way that would make anyone think she was taller than she was. She wore a long flowing gown of some brilliantly white material that seemed to dance as she walked. Long dark hair hung in a braid down her back and a small crown rested on her head. To Cal Omas, she was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

He slowly walked up to meet her and made a formal bow of greeting. ?Welcome to Denon, your highness.?

A small old man he had not seen stepped up to stand in between the Chief of State and his visitor. His voice was melodic and of a slightly higher pitch than would be expected from a human. ?Chief of State Omas, I present to you her royal majesty, Queen Illiana, ruler of Naboo.?

12. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Hmmm... and they're there now... [face_thinking]

13. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    I clicked onto this cause of the J/J and J/TK in the title bar and I must say, I am hooked. This is an awesome story. I have read it for the past two days.

I can't wait to see what happens next especially since the Naboo have arrived. And I so what to know who those bad guys are and where they came from.

Though to be honest I would have thought that those on the Council would have taken Luke's vision a little more seriously than they did. I mean it is Luke Skywalker who's telling them he feels there is danger. I'd take it more seriously. I guess the Council has their reasons.

14. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Sounds like an interesting situation, and the Galactic Senate?s decision sounds fair and in line with precedent. In Vector Prime they weren?t worried how the planets were being ruled, the concern was to try to avoid then nuking each other.

Jedi transport sounds like a deadly ship, and much better than (as sometimes with the OJO) risking lives by sending them into conflicts in an unarmed ship.

Not sure why Kyp decided to speak, Captain Nurell did say it was a recorded transmission so Kyp would hardly get a response and it?s not surprising that the recording spoke over him. :)

It is very interesting though that a Jedi has decided to convert to worshipping the devil (though if it is good enough for a Royal Navy non-commissioned officer then I suppose it is good enough for a Jedi) and it makes me agree with Kyp that more is going on than the idiots of the Jedi council assumed in their complacency (still insulted on Luke?s behalf over their treatment of his warning).

15. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Illiana?! [face_laugh]...Oh, no.

16. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    *Runs in and skids to a stop, breathing hard* I didn't know you updated this!! Okay, review now:

?Maybe I?m just a shy person that likes to brag about his important friends.?

Lol

And worse yet, several large assailants carrying what appeared to be lightsabers were now surrounding the royal family.

Not cool!! Don't hurt Tenel Ka!!

?And you?re bored,? Hobbie replied.

?Well, yes, that too,? Wes said, a wide grin on his boyish face.

Wes and Hobbie are so funny!

?What did Inryi have to say about you playing with Jaina?s crew?? asked Hobbie.

?She doesn?t know,? answered Wes, leaning over to whisper to his friend. ?And its better that she never finds out.?

Lol [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

?When have I ever misled you guys??

?Well, there was the time you made us deliver that giant, stuffed Ewok to General Antilles,? replied Galen.

?What? He loved that,? Wes said innocently.

?And,? began Zark, ?there was the time you told us that General Darklighter wanted his X-Wing painted bright pink.?

?Its his favorite color,? answered Wes.

?How about the time you gave us those polanis ales to give to Colonel Solo?? asked Galen.

?Well, she did order them,? Wes said with a shrug.

?They turned her and Master Durron green for a week,? complained Zark

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

?We?re gonna be the new morale officers for Rouge Squadron,? Wes answered with a gleaming smile.

Jaina's going to be sooooo mad . . .

The two old pilots had made it to their cab by the time Galen and Zark realized their faces had turned blue from their drinks.

Lol!!

Tenel Ka, Queen Mother of Hapes, was kneeling on the hangar floor cradling the lifeless body of her father.

Poor Tenel Ka!!! At least she, Luurg, and Jacen are okay. Who sent the assassins?

This was to be her last assignment before she returned to Yavin 8 to undergo her Changing Ceremony,

:(

?Greetings, Jedi! My Lord Ahriman, the most exalted God of Suffering, welcomes you. You have the honor of being his guests at his most holy residence, and can see first hand the wonders he has brought to this world.?

Okaaaaaaaaay . . . .

Jaina & Jag

Yes! :D

To Cal Omas, she was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

Lol!! Is Cal going to have a relationship with her? [face_love]

17. DCWiz00

Mar 29, 2004
    I was just informed recently that a character from Tkeira Lea's and Darth Lex's story is named Iliana, so I'm changing the name so there won't be any confusion. Here's is the next post, not as long as I had originally planned, but more will come this weekend.

The color pink was not a favorite of Jaina?s. When she was a child, she remembered many of the girls her age had been fond of that color. Every time she saw a little girl there would be pink dresses, pink bows, pink ribbons; she had always thought it was too girlie for her. As she got older, and after flying into combat countless times, she had started to associate the color pink with downed pilots. She had spent many long hours in several medbays watching friends float in the pink embrace of healing bacta. Though she still thought the color was obnoxious, her heart at least held fast that it meant a life could be saved. This thought dominated her mind as she opened her eyes to a world colored pink.

She had been in this situation a few times before. Enough times in fact, that the series of sensations to waking up in bacta had become routine. First, there was the weightlessness. Not quite the same as zero-G, but enough to cause disorientation. Then the taste of recycled air. Being a pilot, Jaina was used to the taste and feel of stale air, but the bacta gave it an oddly sweet aroma. Then of course was the sudden embarrassment of knowing she was floating in a plastisteel tank and wearing almost nothing. If it weren?t for the knowledge that she would be at least somewhat covered, she would have reflexively used her arms as shields to the public. And then, of course, came the sight and sounds of the people outside. Everything was distorted in the tank. It was not the same as being underwater, the bacta was thicker than that and caused things to be much more blurred. She could easily make out the people close to the tank and even hear what they were saying, but they always looked like they had stretched facial features and their voices were always of by and octave. Overall, a normal experience for someone in her line of work, though thankfully a rare one.

A young, redheaded medical technician came over to the tank once she realized Jaina had awakened. Young? She was maybe a year younger than me, if not older. The technician gave her a bright smile meant to comfort her, though through the glass it was made more comical than comforting. It was then that two other figures approached the glass. One was the obvious figure of her father. Jaina noticed that the glass actually made him look younger since many of the wrinkles he never admitted to having had been smoothed by the glass. He gave her a warm smile and a quick wink. The other figure made her heart beat a little faster.

Jaina remembered a few things about her escape from the Azure Blaze, most of them things she would rather forget. But the face of the man staring back at her through the glass had kept her heart warm throughout her time in the bacta tank. She treasured the loving smile of relief he had given her before unconsciousness took her away from him, and she had dreamt of him on several occasions during her stay in the tank. She had no idea how long she had been recuperating, but by the way Jag looked, he hadn?t slept or changed in quite awhile.

Jaina reached out and pressed her palm against the cool glass. Her heart nearly leapt as Jag reached out to mimic her gesture. The thick tank kept her from actually feeling Jag?s touch, but she could feel him through the Force. His heart betrayed the way his body looked. It showed none of the fatigue she would have assumed he was experiencing. Instead, it nearly glowed with relief and a bit of pride. If she were not immersed in the bacta, the feelings of love that emanated from Jag would have brought tears to her eyes.

A wave from the technician momentarily caught her attention, and relief flooded her thoughts as the redhead pointed to the hatch opening on the top of the tank. A few quick kicks soon

18. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    ?You two can wait outside then,? replied Jaina. She gave Jag a smirk. ?Unless you had plans on helping me get dressed.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great post!! ARe we going to find out the identity of the guy who attacked Jaina soon

19. Anastasia_Fel

Sep 10, 2004
    That was great DC, luved the Han and Jag interaction

~Ann

20. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Great postie!\
    I loved the interaction between Han and Jag. Too funny! [face_laugh]

It was sweet when Jaina put her had against the wall of the bacta tank, and Jag placed his hand against it too. And it made her heart skip a beat.

*green_eyes*

21. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    Great post!
    I though bacta was green.

22. DCWiz00

Mar 29, 2004
    Bacta is green, but due to the use of ryll in the making of bacta supplies the color is pink. That and it was pink in Solo Command and that's where I got the color from. :D

23. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Another great post! :D

Jaina reached out and pressed her palm against the cool glass. Her heart nearly leapt as Jag reached out to mimic her gesture. The thick tank kept her from actually feeling Jag?s touch, but she could feel him through the Force. His heart betrayed the way his body looked. It showed none of the fatigue she would have assumed he was experiencing. Instead, it nearly glowed with relief and a bit of pride. If she were not immersed in the bacta, the feelings of love that emanated from Jag would have brought tears to her eyes.

Aww. So sweet! [face_love]

However, we?ve been encountering an increase in pirate activity in this sector and stopped to recover and gather more information.

Hmm. I'm guessing that it's not that simple . . .

?Nice enough guy,? Han mentioned.

Jag shrugged slightly. ?He seemed a little rigid to me.? His comment caused a Han to give him a suspicious look and a small smile from Jaina.

Han gave his daughter a look and jerked his thumb at Jag. ?This coming from the human ice cube??
    Jaina tried to fight back a small laugh, until a sudden look of betrayal from Jag caused her mood to sober. ?Sorry. I?ll go get changed. Why don?t I meet you two in my quarters? I?m sure one of the techs can give me directions.?

Jag motioned to stop her. ?I don?t know if we should leave you alone just now, Jaina.?

?You two can wait outside then,? replied Jaina. She gave Jag a smirk. ?Unless you had plans on helping me get dressed.?

?Uh?no?I,? stammered Jag, glancing at an amused Han.

?Come on, kid,? growled Han, grabbing Jag?s shirt and dragging him out the door. ?We?ll be right outside, honey.?

That whole exchange was just priceless! [face_laugh]

Looking forward to more! :D

24. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I like how Jaina?s perception of pink shifted from associating it with being girlie to associating it with healing and downed pilots. Also liked how she felt quite blasé about being in the bacta tank, yet again, like a rugby player thinking ?Ho, hum. Another cracked rib...yawn.?

Feel a little sorry for Jaina thinking the medical technician was young before realising the technician was probably older than she was, reminds Jaina of just how much she had gone through (?not the years, it?s the mileage?)

Touching scene with Jaina and Jag pressing hands against opposite sides of the glass.

The Valiant Dreamer sent a wing of fighters against a squadron...and even with whatever aid the convoy?s own defences could provide the final score was 32 - 1 to the enemy. OUCH! Not good, not good at all.

Liked Han?s reaction to Jag?s hesitation, grab-and-drag!

25. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    That was good. Han and Jag's interaction was priceless and I love Jaina's comment about Jag helping her get dressed. She had to know how Jag'd react with her father standing right there. ;) Which is probably why she said that :p

Can't wait to see what happens next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.