main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Sword and Flame (Post NJO) J/J, J/TK, many more. Post next week...Promise.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DCWiz00, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    "The human ice cube"? [face_laugh] Han is just...[face_laugh]

2. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!

that was awesomness and funniness! and definatly i need moreness!

THE HUMAN ICE CUBE? THAT MEAN HAN!

LOL

especially the dressing line!

3. DCWiz00

DCWiz00 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    Sorry for not posting, I've been without internet at home for the past week. Sooo...my story is currently sitting at home waiting to be posted. As soon a I get my internet up and running again I will start posting again. I have the next twenty or so posts done, so there will be a post Monday, Wednesday and Friday from now on. :D

4. Little_Drummer_Girl

Little_Drummer_Girl Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2004
  5. DCWiz00

Mar 29, 2004
    I wanted to get this post up since I temporarily have internet for the next few hours. I should get it back soon so regular posts will come in the future. If not then I guess I will have to do it from work. Here ya go.

Velos had been fighting a growing sense of anxiety since he and Master Durron landed on the swampy planet of Mrlsst. His Master had sensed his trepidation immediately, but even the Force could not help his current state. At first he had been nervous about his first mission since joining the Jedi Order, but he had been a member of the CEDF for years and discipline was his ally in every mission. The warm climate and vast amounts of unfrozen waters were different from his home world, but he had seen such planets before and was able to make the transition with little difficulty. It was the overwhelming feeling of despair that wreaked havoc on his nerves. The sorrow and helplessness of the world had penetrated the peaceful calm of the Force as soon as he had stepped off the transport.

Master Durron had told him about the planet during their voyage. It was a place of learning; the entire world was full of intellectuals whose accomplishments had shaped their cities into beautiful works of art designed to fill an onlooker?s soul with tranquility. The avians that inhabited the planet were filled with a love of life that transcended into their work. Even the brief occupation by the Yuuzahn Vong had not eradicated their artful spirit. The people had watched as their fellow citizens were rounded up for slavery and their works of art destroyed. But, the occupation had only lasted a year before the New Republic military rescued them. Over the last few years, they had rebuilt their cities with renewed vigor. Their spirit was a lasting testament that seemed impossible to break.

To look at the capital city now, that spirit had not only been broken, it seemed to have been ground beneath the heel of whatever darkness permeated the planet. Strange black vines and mildew now darkened the once brilliantly white structures of stone and glass as if each one were slowly rotting from the inside out. Great pillars of smoke rose from several spots within the city, each of them great pyres burning the tortured remains of those that would oppose the new rulers of Mrlsst. The streets were covered in a fine layer of soot and ash creating a false snowstorm of painful misery. The worst of all were the faces of the inhabitants. Each one told a gruesome story of things no being should ever witness. The new ruler of Mrlsst had accomplished in a few weeks what the Yuuzhan Vong had tried to do for a year.

Upon entering the spaceport, they had been introduced to their guide, a bent old man who hobbled on legs too weak to carry him properly. The man introduced himself as Jesfer, a priest of their new god and a high-ranking official in their new system of government. They had been provided with a speeder that would usher them to what Jesfer called the Sacred Hall of Inquisition. There they would meet with the High Priests and would be brought before Ahriman.

?Are you a native of Mrlsst, Jesfer?? asked Kyp.

The old man swiveled the front passenger chair to properly view his guests. Despite his age and withered appearance, the old man had a feral look to him. His gray eyes were cold and calculating, and Velos was sure those eyes were the last things many people had seen before meeting their end. When the man spoke, it came out it hurried gasps that reminded Velos of rusted hinges. ?I?ve lived here my whole life, though the only real natives are the vile avians, despicable creatures that have no sense of faith. I have had to suffer their lot since the days of the Old Republic.?

?I have heard that the Mrlssti are considered a deeply spiritual people,? replied Kyp.

Jesfer?s face twisted slightly when he heard Kyp?s words. ?You?re talking about the Great Spirit those bird people worshipped. The only true path to spirituality is through the Dread Lord Ahriman.?

?Have you always wors

6. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    *Laughs* great post!

7. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    awesome job!

8. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
  9. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Another great post! :D

The new ruler of Mrlsst had accomplished in a few weeks what the Yuuzhan Vong had tried to do for a year.

:eek: Oh dear.

?I know of no Jedi named Sannah,? Ahriman purred, though it was more like the sound a predator would make waiting to strike. The Dread Lord motioned to something on the wall behind them. ?Though perhaps you are referring to my newest decoration.?

The wall above the doorway they entered was a tapestry of death. Beings from several species were displayed in a riotous scene of agony. All of the bodies had obviously been tortured to death; scars and torn flesh covered the naked bodies from head to toe. Velos?s attention was drawn to the centerpiece of the morbid collection. Sannah?s frail body hung lifeless above the doorway, her deactivated lightsaber impaled through her chest.

:eek: :eek: Holy crap! I sooo did not see that coming!

Hmm. Maybe I'm just overly suspicious of women who so totally cast a spell on hapless men, but I've got my eye on Queen Nyxia - something just isn't right there.

Looking forward to more! :D (I think. [face_worried])

10. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Hey I got caught up! Loving this story so far...you have a really good interpretation of Jacen, and heck, all the characters! Jaina's line to Han and Jag about asking them if they were going to leave or help her dress was great! Can't wait for more!

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Great post!!! I like the detail you use in describing the planet and the Hall of Inquisition.

Oh mygosh!!! Poor Sannah!!!!

To Cal Omas, she was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

Lol!!!

12. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Disadvantage of the force, although you can use Battle Meditation to influence the morale of others the morale of others can also influence you. In some ways it might have been better for Velos?s morale if Kyp hadn?t told him in quite so much detail how wonderful Mrlsst used to be. Description of what it has become is very effective, very nasty.

Found the reference to the natives as vile avians, despicable creatures that have no sense of faith interesting.

Description of the audience hall of the Sacred Hall of Inquisition...ouch. At least Velos, being a Chiss, has the consolation of glowing red-eyes being normal to him rather than an extra element of spookiness. Very small consolation though compared with everything else.

Poor Sannah.

Interesting description of the guards and Queen Nyxia, very different from prequel clothing. Liked how Cal Omas reacted by bowing lavishly and then deciding he?d conduct the tour himself, and really liked how astonished and amazed his advisors were at this breach of protocol and special treatment.

13. DCWiz00

Mar 29, 2004
    Hey all. I don't know who is still keeping track of this story, but I thought I'd give you all a heads up. Sorry I haven't done anything with this in a while, DRL kind of got the best of me and I haven't kad the time to spend on anything other than work. I've written some more for this story and I'll have a post up in the next couple days, I also added some artwork to the first page. I hope I didn't spend too long away from this. I'll be posting about once a week now.

14. Hannah_Solo-Fel

Hannah_Solo-Fel Jedi Master

May 31, 2005
    Yeah! I just read the entire thing today for the first time and I'm glad it's being continued. It's really good by the way.

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    All right you feedback junkie you! Here is your reader and I would like to say once again BRAVO! =D=

Now give Darth Real Life a kick in the tail and get posting! :D

16. DCWiz00

Mar 29, 2004
    Ok so the thread should have said I'll be posting again next week. Sorry its late. But late is better than never, right? Here ya go:

?Tighten it up, Nine.?

Latia flinched. The Rogues had spent the day drilling wing formations. The slightest mistake and the squadron had to start the exercise from the beginning. So far, they had done the same maneuver eight times trying to get it perfect, and this time it looked as if it would be her mistake that caused the team to begin again. Precision flying was not usually something the Rogues used in a combat situation, but she knew that when Colonel Solo claimed to lead the best fighter squadron in the fleet, she meant the best at everything. It was something Latia could admire, and it made her want to be the best. Her body, however, wanted a warm bath and a massage.

Her bath would have to wait since the squadron was about to move into the Antilles Vortex formation. It was considered the hardest maneuver to accomplish and was also the most dangerous. The formation involved the squadron splitting off into two columns that would double back and create two loops of six fighters each that spun perpendicular to each other at intense speeds. As the two circles of X-Wings spun faster, they moved towards each other. The difficult part was when the two loops connected. The idea behind the maneuver was that the two spinning loops would interconnect and pass through each other with the fighters flying within inches as they past each other. It made for an amazing show, but it could also mean the burial of an entire fighter squadron. The only time it was ever performed was when the former Rogue Commander, General Darklighter, retired from the squadron. It was also the first thing Colonel Solo had made the squadron practice. Latia, however, was not a member of the squadron when they performed it.

?Please let this work.? Latia?s lekku twitched nervously as she prayed silently.

So far the teams had performed perfectly. They had blasted past the outer moon of Denon and split into two columns of spinning loops and had begun to move towards each other. Latia?s gloves became slippery on her hands with perspiration, and her vision began to blur as beads of sweat ran into her eyes. She tried not to look out the canopy of her X-Wing to see what was happening and concentrate on her sensor readings. The first fighters had passed each other without a problem and now the two loops appeared to be links in a chain of starfighters. Just a few minutes more and it would be over. The two circles began to move into what was referred to as the ?globe of death?, the point where each side of the loops interconnected. Latia barely had enough time to curse before an alarm went off and her world turned to darkness.

Gavin Darklighter looked at the inspection report before him and sighed in frustration. He had fought for what he believed in his entire life. He had helped conquer Coruscant for the New Republic, faced the genius of a Grand Admiral, and helped fight of the rampaging fleets of the Yuuzhan Vong. Through everything he had encountered in his career, he tried to keep his spirits high and look after his people. But, the report before him, and the orders it preceded, made his skin crawl and his stomach writhe.

[i]Security Investigation Report 99127: After examining the wreckage of the [/i]Swift Vengeance[i], my team has concluded that the explosion of the ambassador?s shuttle could not have been caused by any internal device or system malfunction. All trajectory evaluations of the destruction indicate an external vector of explosion, which leads the investigation to conclude that the cause of the explosion came from the exterior of the craft. External plasma scorching of the hull, in addition to chemical and radiation analysis, indicates an impact with a charged explosive device traveling at high speed. Further examination of the wreckage indicates traces of nergon-14, and charged proton residue. It is the conclusion of this team that a ma

17. DCWiz00

Mar 29, 2004
    Welcome Hannah! I'm glad you like it.

VaderLVR64 - All right you feedback junkie you! [face_blush] :p Here is your reader and I would like to say once again BRAVO! :D Its good to have readers again. Thanks! Now give Darth Real Life a kick in the tail and get posting! Working on it!

I'm trying to get some kind of regular posting schedule now. I have a lot of tings to catch up on since I've been gone, but I am not going to let DRL keep this story from being written. Now if I can just get all of my little Plot Bunnies from biting my ankles so I can get the next few posts written today.

18. DCWiz00

Mar 29, 2004
    Well seeing as how I have the next seven posts ready to go I decided to make another post. I decided to spend the entire day working on this story and all day tomorrow working on another story I thought of a couple months ago. I'll start making two posts a week on this one, and hopefully start posting my new story next week.

So here the next post:

Chapter 5

The Valiant had taken more of a beating than Colonel Jin had lead them to believe. The path to Jaina?s temporary quarters showed evidence of the vessels struggle for survival. Lowered bulkheads or fallen debris blocked off entire corridors while others were filled with work crews and maintenance droids all trying to get systems back online. Occasionally lights would flicker as power was rerouted to other more important areas of the ship. Usually, damage of this magnitude would only be caused by a run in with another capital ship or a prolonged attack by starfighters. Apparently, the pirates they had encountered had done more than a couple strafing runs on the old ship.

Ahead of them, a crew chief barked out orders to a team of technicians that were rewiring sensor leads in a small conduit. The wall around the conduit showed signs of damage, including the familiar signs of blaster scorching. Jaina approached the chief, careful not to get in the way of the working technicians.

?How are the repairs going, Chief?? Jaina asked with a smile.

The crew chief turned to her and looked her up and down, stopping his gaze briefly at the lightsaber hanging from her belt. He gave her a disgusted look before quickly saluting her. ?If you don?t mind, Colonel, we?re pretty busy here at the moment.? With that he returned to his datapad and ignored her presence entirely.
    Jaina sensed her father?s reaction to the crew chief?s insubordination, but Jaina stopped him from interfering with a raised hand. She guided the two men passed the work crew and continued on towards her quarters.

Jaina, her father, and Jag walked the rest of the way to her quarters in silence; careful not to interfere with the work crews trying to get damaged sections back online. Her quarters were tight, not the expansive suite she had been given on the Azure Blaze, or even the quarters she usually occupied as a squadron commander. Jaina didn?t mind the cramped space; it reminded her of times past when the necessities of war had provided little for officers and even less for crewmen. For a crew that had obviously been through a lot of stress lately, she was relieved that her presence here was not taking up too much space.

?Can someone explain what happened?? Jaina asked as she flopped onto her cabin?s bunk.

?Well,? Han began. ?You did what you always do. Rush head first into the situation and save the day.? Han?s smile beamed with pride in his daughter, but the stare he got back showed she was not amused. ?So far we don?t know much. The ship was a total loss, and it appears we are the only survivors.?

Jaina?s face creased with the shock if that last statement. ?The whole crew??

?We don?t know that for sure,? answered Jag, pulling a chair up to her bunk. ?The Blaze had a crew of forty thousand Chiss, I can only hope that some of them are still alive.?

Jaina reached out and squeezed Jag?s hand. The loss of the ship would weigh heavily on his conscience. ?Has anyone contacted the Alliance??

?Long range communications are down on the Valiant. They should be back online in a couple days.? Han answered. ?Some of the Falcon?s systems were damaged during the fight. I?ve got R2 working on them now.?

?Did anyone else notice something odd with that conduit we passed??

?You mean besides a certain crew chief that needs a serious beating?? Han asked, a scowl crossing his face.

?No, sir,? Jag answered. ?I believe she means the blaster damage done to the walls. I had wondered about that myself.?

Han took a seat on the bunk next to his daughter. ?Are you sure it was from a blaster? Maybe it wa

19. Blondie_JediKnight

Blondie_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    Just read the story today. Its really good!
    :eek: They're arresting Jaina!!!? They can't! [face_not_talking] Jag needs to defend her. It was a Chiss ship.
    Hope the cliffie ends soon!
    Blondie^..^

20. DCWiz00

Mar 29, 2004
    Blondie_JediKnight - Just read the story today. Its really good! Thanks!:D

They're arresting Jaina!!!? They can't! They can certainly try. [face_mischief]

Hope the cliffie ends soon! My story is a never ending cliffie :p

21. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    wonderful job! i had to reread the whole story so i could remember whats going on, but i must say, i am REALLY excited about what's coming up!

great job once again!

22. DCWiz00

Mar 29, 2004
    Hey JAGSGURL15! I had to reread the story myself a few times just to remember where I was going with the story.. [face_blush]. The next chapter will hopefully end the never ending cliffie [face_devil], and allow some time for some other things. Like perhaps some mush!

Also, I decided to write a side story to this one based on the Moff that dies in the prologue. If anyone is interested in reading it the link is here:

Walking the Dog

23. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wonderful posts!! Gavin had better not arrest Jaina . . .

Ooo, mush is good :D

I'm glad you're back, DC [:D]

24. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Not sure if I am pleased that I?ve only got two posts to read-and-reply to (which takes less time) or displeased that I hadn?t missed more and so would have had more new posts of this excellent story to read as well as re-reading the old ones. :)

09/06/2005
    Feel sorry for someone having a bad flying day, they could get very unpopular very quick after a frustrating day of repetition. Antilles Vortex sounds spectacular, even if someone made a mistake.

Interesting, an external explosion. Going back through the pages of this I saw that I commented about the proton torpedo track not being noticed, and suggested a bomb inside the shuttle or a shadow-bomb. Can?t be the former, unlikely to be the latter.

It is interesting that Jaina?s X-Wing is missing a torpedo, or rather missing a torpedo according to the pre-flight checklists which (since torpedoes are carried out of sight internally, rather than (like fighter planes) in view on external pylons) isn?t necessarily the same thing.

I wonder if Fyor Rodan is that stupid (seems a frame-up, especially since if Jaina wanted someone dead she wouldn?t leave obvious evidence) or if he is just pursing his dislike of the Jedi. The fact they manipulated the election and gave Cal Omas the Presidency, costing Fyor this job, might have been enough to make him decide it was personal.
    (Also interesting that Fyor is Security Council Chairman when previously, in the middle of a war (which is when people generally put aside political differences for the duration), he had refused to take a position since this would indicate he regarded Omas?s government as being a legitimate one.)

11/06/2005
    Suspicious of how damaged the Valiant is. Blaster marks on the walls smack of trying to simulate damage. Sealed off corridors could be ensuring that Han, Jaina, and Jagged have to go through the one area of the ship where the scene had been set up. Crew Chief?s insubordination could be simply a dislike of Jedi, or of officers young enough to be his Granddaughter asking silly questions, or could be easier to do than trying to make up a detailed plausible report on how the repairs were going.

Liked Jaina realising that she shouldn?t have mentioned the Falcon?s need for some circuit breakers and fuses to prevent overloads causing damage.

Hoping that Jaina realised from Jag slumping that something was wrong in time (rather than too late for it to do any good).

A high ranking member of the Senate, wonder if this is someone on the Security Council. Poor Colonel Jin though, at least Nute Gunray knew Sideous was male and probably human (are other species with a similar chin).

25. DCWiz00

Mar 29, 2004
    I'm sorry I haven't gotten another post up. I've been working 16-17 hour days lately and I've been studying for my Illinois Mortgage Licensing Exam. Posts should start back up next week when I finally get a breather.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.