main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Sword and Flame (Post NJO) J/J, J/TK, many more. Post next week...Promise.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DCWiz00, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Welcome back! [:D] :D

Wow. You've sure come back with a bang! :eek: What have you done now? (Guess I'll just have to wait for more to answer that one. ;))

Looking forward to more! :D

2. crackjacks

crackjacks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2005
    DUDE I NEED MORE!
    oh sry just read ur story IT'S GREAT! so yes keep posting

3. DCWiz00

DCWiz00 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    Finally got time to get another post up. I'll try to get more up soon. I want to thank everyone who has stuck with this story despite my irregular posting schedule. You're the best!

?Your Majesty!?

Jacen heard the words echo across the hangar bay. Dozens of Hapan guards suddenly appeared from nowhere to form a protective screen around their Queen Mother, weapons at the ready. Jacen stood transfixed on his friend and her fallen father, his heart echoing the pounding feet of the guards rushing towards him. He gave no protest as the royal guards brought him to his knees and bound his wrists with stun-cuffs. He could see that Luurg was wise enough to follow his example, even if the look on his face showed his disapproval. The guards showed no intention of allowing anyone near their ruler, something he could understand. However, no matter how many guards restrained him, they could not keep him from reaching out to his friend in the Force.

Tenel Ka had walled herself off from the Force. Her emotions, feelings, and desires were all safely hidden behind her Dathomirian warrior spirit. Jacen knew not to push; he simply let her know he was there. Finally, after a heartbeat of eternity, Jacen was allowed into the flood of anguish surrounding his friend.

The torrent of raw emotions nearly drove Jacen?s mind into oblivion. His instincts told him to flee from the pain emanating from his friend before he lost his sanity. Some things were worth the risk though, and he refused to abandon Tenel Ka in her time of need. Jacen stood his ground, becoming a stone in the raging river of her pain. Her anguish flowed mercilessly around him threatening to wash him away with it. But, like the stone he had become, he endured. Patiently, he waited and let the tide of emotions bring him closer to his friend. There, in the fury of Tenel Ka?s despair, he found the anchor he needed to help bring his friend back from the edge. It was the beginning and the end of her personal storm; the one thing that could either let loose the monster her anger had awoken or bring peace to her tortured soul. Like a glowing beacon amidst the darkness around her, Jacen found the love in Tenel Ka?s heart. Jacen reached out tentatively to his friend. Gently, and yet with the confidence their years of friendship had given him, he embraced the burning fire that had become Tenel Ka.

Jacen was pulled into the life force of Tenel Ka. Memories that were not his own raced through his mind. The rush of emotions surrounding him was all encompassing and overwhelmed his senses. These feelings were not the same as the pain that had crippled his senses when he tried to connect with his friend. These were what she kept hidden from the world around her. In a blur that lasted forever he watched his friend?s past spring into existence around him. He could see the look of her father?s pride as he watched her grow into a strong woman and her mother?s grateful smile when Tenel Ka chose to uphold her Dathomirian heritage. Most importantly, he felt the emptiness in her heart that had been reserved for her family. The last vestiges of what she truly considered home had finally been taken away from her, and her spirit was slowly caving into the void it had left behind.

Despite her outward appearance, Tenel Ka had always had strong emotions that affected her every action. Her loyalty, and strength of honor was proof enough of that. But she had chosen long ago to keep the strongest of those emotions locked up inside of her, creating a comforting area that she could retreat to when events conspired against her. But now, after the loss of the only remaining member of her family, she had trouble finding peace in that area of her soul. Every emotion there was tied to specific events that revolved around those she cared most about. Jacen knew he could not readily fill that hole in her heart no matter how much love he himself had for her. So he searched out the places she reserved for her friends, the extended family she had found in her years t

4. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Hapan guards reactions are understandable, if a little late and a little badly aimed.

Loved the description of Tenel Ka?s mental landscape. We saw what having a parent die before you did to another powerful Jedi, so it is a good job that Tenel Ka has Jacen to help her through her pain. Glad that Jacen was able to soothe her with his own love and keep the darkness back long enough for Tenel Ka to rally.

Nice ending with Isolder?s spirit approving of the deepening and changing of the relationship of Jacen and his daughter.

5. Blondie_JediKnight

Blondie_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    Tenel Ka was slipping onto the darkside, but now shes good again. *shudders* Dark Tenel Ka - *runs to hide*
    Great job of writing TK!
    Blondie^..^

6. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Wow. That was just . . . I mean . . . wow.

Looking forward to more! :D

7. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    *NEW READER*

First of all, before I forget, please put me on your notification list. Now, to business...

:eek::eek::eek:This. Is. Incredible.

You have had me guessing (still do), grabbing for the tissues, saying "awww, how sweet", clutching my heart in dread, and laughing my a** off (the, um, bantha team. need I say more?). I am truly impressed with this and hope that Darth Writer's Block NEVER knocks on your door. When can we expect another post? Oh yeah, this is very true to form in every technicality as far as I can tell. Very commendable.

Your new devoted fan,
    Zonoma

8. Jaina_Solo_16

Jaina_Solo_16 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    Hi! Another new reader!

This story is great, by the way. I love it. I can't wait for more. Any idea on when the next post will be up? And if it isn't too much trouble, could you PM me when the posts are up?

Keep up the great work!!!

Guenevere

9. DCWiz00

Mar 29, 2004
    I just wanted to pop in and say...HI everyone. The next post shuold be up in a couple days. I've been pretty busy lately and haven't gotten the chance to get it ready. I'll do replies before I post.

10. SiriLVR

SiriLVR Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    just read it i love it keep it up

11. Jaina_Solo_16

Jaina_Solo_16 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    Can't wait for that post!!! :D

12. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    yeah! post! post! please put me on the pm list, too.

Zonoma

13. evenstar963

evenstar963 Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    hey, new reader here. great job so far!
    would u mind putting me on the pm list too?

14. DCWiz00

Mar 29, 2004
    I would like to thank everyone who has ever read this story. I won't be continuing it. I have too much going on in my life right now and I don't have the time to spend on writing anything. As such I am discontinuing all the stories I am working on, and I won't be on the Boards much anymore. Again thank you for reading.

15. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm sorry [:D] Hopefully you'll get the chance to come back someday. Good luck!! [face_good_luck]

16. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Good luck with things. I hope your life becomes less hectic soon so you have time again for hobbies.

17. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    UP! because I want an update.

*hint, hint*

(I refuse to believe that you can abandon this bunny)

:pZ

18. DCWiz00

Mar 29, 2004
    I'm back...post next week.

19. jedikatie26

jedikatie26 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    update soon plz
    stoty is realy good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.