main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Sword of the Jedi by Christie Golden

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    As for folks hesitant about Golden writing SOTJ, look at it this way: At least it means she's not writing about Ben for a while.

I thought the very same thing when this trilogy was announced. Thank the Force it's not a Ben trilogy!

But I do have to wonder why the felt Golden was the best author for SotJ. Unless I missed something I haven't seen a whole lot of praise coming from Jaina/Jag fans for Golden.

I'm not sure which author I would like to see write a Ben book(s) but I do know which authors I would prefer not write one (Golden, Denning).

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Except, wasn't it mentioned on the temp boards that he's going to be in it, too?

Ulicus likes this.
  3. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    Except, wasn't it mentioned on the temp boards that he's going to be in it, too?

But was that person assuming that Ben will be in this trilogy or did he get confirmation from an official source?

4. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    So glad that Jaina finally gets her own series, post becoming Mrs. Fel. Happier that it's a female author, even if her FotJ debut was less than epic.

5. floatlikegas

floatlikegas Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2010
    Hopefully she doesn't refer to herself by that title too much.......

6. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    I even if Jaina does produce a sprog ''or two'' by the end of the Trilogy [force sensitive or not], there's still no guarantees it would be Fel II... that could yet be a few more years down the line.

7. A Tool

A Tool Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Hopefully will be I, Jaina......get it?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Oh, yes. It would be cool to get another first-person-Jedi book. Though a trilogy might be pushing it...

9. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Don't count on it.

Rew likes this.
  10. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I am so ready for Jaina to have children.

11. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Given that the Fel line seems to be consistently Force sensitive (see also, Roan and Marasiah Fel, though the latter might be because of her Hapan Mom...which is probably just another line back to Jacen), it's unlikely they'll go that route. But maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised at some risk-taking!

12. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I hope Jaina names her daughter Padme, if she ever has one.

13. A Tool

Sep 2, 2012
    I always thought Allana being named Padme seemed appropriate.

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    agreed. I also think one of the kids should have the surname Solo, just to continue the family line

15. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    How big a part does Padme play in any of the SkySolo's emotional history, though?

16. A Tool

Sep 2, 2012
    Leia named Anakin after Anakin, even after all he'd done.
    It seems likely, since they'd just found out about Padme around that time, that they'd name her Padme.
    Had it been Jaina's child, I think it might have been named Padme. (Were they real people and it wasn't picked by an author) :p
    Jacen seemed more concerned with Anakin than Padme, however, which is where the ana in Allana's name comes from.

17. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I want Jaina popping out Jedi babies for (so far) 5 reasons:

1) Because she will kick butt anyways
    2) Then maybe the characters might feel some happiness once in awhile
    3) So we actually know there will be another generation
    4) So, along with that next gen, maybe they won't leave a gaping hole between this era and the Legacy era "to be filled later". You know they want to...
    5) A good point was made at Geek Girl Con: with Bantam era books, the women had kids and still did their job. It's not like Jaina will get knocked up, lay around all day, and turn into a Hutt. Jedi business is still happening, blasters and lightsabers can still be used. She won't be useless. Mara managed, Leia managed, women every day manage.

18. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Wouldn't Leia and Han or someone in the family then figure out Jacen was her father if they named her Padme? Or did they not know Allana was born in DNT? I haven't read it so I wasn't sure.

19. A Tool

Sep 2, 2012
    If my memory serves me well, and it fails me often, they knew about her before she was named.

20. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Padme was revealed at the end of DNT. I thought Allana was named before that, since she was conceived in 1 and born in 2.

Marc McAllister likes this.
  21. A Tool

Sep 2, 2012
    I think she wanted Jacen to be there to name her, and he was off doing something around that time.
    I could be horribly wrong, which isn't within the realm of impossibility.... :p

22. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    That sounds like Denning...arg...

23. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    well i would say that after the events of "Tatooine Ghost", Leia certainly cares about Anakin's mom, and i think with her and luke watching Padme in Dark nest time period, i would say that care a lot.

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Leia didn't care about fnding out about their mother in Black Fleet Crisis. Just saying ha ha lol

25. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, we're at least guaranteed two kids, since Roan has a Fel cousin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.