main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Sword of the Jedi by Christie Golden

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    That's like asking whether Thrawn will make an appearance in the next Zahn novel. :p

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  2. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    He didn't in his most recent one.

3. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd say that the prospects are reasonable!

4. GoingInside

GoingInside Jedi Master star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    I'm going to say something... somewhat controversial (not as controversial as the Hitler thing).

The very fact that this is called "Sword of the Jedi", to me, is already a huge problem. Nothing in the past 30 or so books has done as much harm to Jaina Solo's character as this Sword of the Jedi nonsense (with the possible exception of the bug thing... ugh). Honestly, I have a big issue with prophecy being used in Star Wars at all (such as in the prequel trilogy... chosen one indeed), in that it takes free will from the character. I would really like if, for the character's sake, she could escape this destiny that's been thrust upon her and become her own kind of hero instead.

5. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Being "Sword of the Jedi" is nothing like being "The Chosen One"

Team Padme likes this.
  6. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    And both are nothing compared to being "The Sith'ari"!

7. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    And none of them` compare to being The` Ahsoka.

Darth Fright, Riven_JTAC and Zorrixor like this.
  8. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    I never had a problem with her being referred to as Sword of the Jedi, until the phrase got used about 30 times per book.

9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Pfft, The Ahsoka is nothing next to The Katarn.

Tim Battershell and DarthRelaxus like this.
  10. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    So with Crucible out soon hopefully we'll get some news on this trilogy after that.

11. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    I'm looking forward to seeing more of Ben

Team Padme and A Tool like this.
  12. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Interestingly, Scoundrels and Dawn of the Jedi were talked up by SW Books/Del Rey during the weeks leading up to their release. Ever since the announcement of Ep7 they've been quiet about anything post RotJ. They've barely mentioned Crucible which comes out in about 2 weeks. Does anyone else notice this?

CEII is in a few weeks. I'm predicting that DR will announce that Sword of the Jedi has been cancelled in light of what will happen in the upcoming ST...or some other reason. I hope I'm wrong though, as I'd love to see a series where the next generation are the main characters.

13. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    For all we know, Disney doesn't want Ben, Jaina, Tahiri, Tenel Ka, and Allana
    competing with the new characters they're introducing in seven. If you read Hitfis, and Screenrant, Disney/LFL are ignoring the post ROTJ EU
    in the ST, so we could be seeing a new post ROTJ EU filling in the gap between six, and seven, as well as Rogue planet, Allegiance, and Choices of one
    you'll notice Brian Wood's series has no EU characters, Imperial, or Rebel, but all new ones for his series.
    the big hype is for the three Rebels books, featuring Han, Luke, and Leia, added to that I called Hasbro to see about the Mara Jade black series figure, and it's been cancelled, altogether, I'd say Crucible is probably it for the current post ROTJ EU

14. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    A cancellation of what is essentially Jaina Solo's first standalone novel would be a very bad omen. I hope that is not the case.

When did you call? Recent case assotments released for the Black Series do have both Jade & Plageius listed.

15. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    What the heck is this series even about again? There has been so little said about it that I cannot recall if we even know the basic plot.

--Adm. Nick

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Jaina being awesome and fighting the Lost Tribe or something like that.

17. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I don't put a lot of stock in news coming from non-SW related sites/sources. But official word from Hasbro cancelling an EU figure would be a good indicator.

18. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    Mara Jade Skywalker is still coming from Hasbro. The figure is in Wave 2 of the 3.75" Black Series. Calling Hasbro's customer service line for a confirmation on a figure will never result in good news.

But to be fair what could have happened is that the Mara Jade Skywalker on the Vintage card was canceled and they confirmed that. Remember when the fan's choice was announced the winner was supposed to be on a Vintage cars back.

19. DarthNefaris

DarthNefaris Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2011
    Honestly, with the impeding end of the EU in its way, I would deeply prefer a nine-book series filling up the gap between FOTJ and Legacy. Thus, we could see the rising of the Felpire, Allana becoming the Jedi Queen (and a battle with Krayt???), the reign of Fel II, the parents of Kol and Nat (including Ben's son since Kol is his grand son).Ok, maybe more than nine books, most likely fifteen : but who cares? NJO was about more than that.
    We don't have the luxury to see some trivial adventures of Jaina in the Outer Rim...

Dr. Steve Brule and alex feola like this.
  20. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    That, in part, is exactly what I envision Sword of the Jedi will give us - if it actually happens.

21. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    Hey we have no idea what will happen. All the major news we had seen so far seems to be positive.

22. DarthNefaris

DarthNefaris Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2011
    Unless Disney itself claims" there would be two distinct continuities : the EU has you know it, and the new trilogy. Dark Horse and Del Rey would still be in charge of the EU " I won't believe the EU would survive. We have neither a single piece of information regarding the strategy of Disney, nor any news concerning this Jaina-centered trilogy for a long time. I don't like to be pessimistic but I can't help but thinking that these are the last years of the EU (expiration date : 2015).

23. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Wait, new Mara Jade figure? How did I not know about this?

24. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    The why do Rebels in an empty era?

25. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Looks like Del Rey won't be going to CEII. Hopefully we'll get some good news at the San Diego Comic Con instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.