main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Sword of the Jedi by Christie Golden

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    SDCC would be a terrible place/time/event to announce something like this. Because we would all know what an announcement like that will mean. On second thought, maybe that would be a good place since there won't be as many EU readers there.

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    She was the last "Fans Choice" figure for Hasbro and was suppost to have been inlcuded in the Vintage Collection like Nom Anor was, which got cancelled before she made it in. I suspect they even already had sunk money into the design, or even had her figures already run off - so they decided to put her into wave two of the 3.75 inch 'Black Series' - which is essentially is serving as a continuation of the Vintage collection.

The true Black Series is the new six inch scale, but they seem to have just decided to call everything that for whatever reason.

3. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    one week ago

4. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    When is wave 2 coming out? I will have to get two of Mara, one to open and one to keep on card. And then reorganize my little display case/shrine :D

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This is probably a silly question, but do you (or anyone else) remember if they went to CE?

6. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    What's wrong with announcing things at SDCC? Just last year they revealed Crucible and Into the Void.

Doesn't look like it. All the old schedules I can find make no mention of Del Rey.

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Thanks! I had checked the Wook and noticed it didn't mention them, but they also focused on collecting so I wasn't sure. Had Del Rey showed up the first time, I would have had half a mind of accusing them of deliberately hiding this time around.

But maybe it's just in their nature to hide from Europeans. Knowing the European EU fans on this board, I wouldn't blame them.:p

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I swear, people, this isn't unusual. Del Rey and Lucasbooks always like to keep a tight lid on things. But still, the announcement I'm hoping for from SDCC is about the infamous Kemp duology. :p

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Don't remind me about that duology.

10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Same. I was hoping it would be a sequel to Crosscurrent/Riptide, because Riptide ended in a semi-cliffhanger, but it's apparently been cancelled and Jaden is a Jedi as usual in Abyss and Backlash.

11. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    We could still get a duology set during the events of Fate of the Jedi that features Jaden hunting down a Xizor clone. That'd be pretty cool. I don't know if it would be as "mind-blowing" as the promised duology has been touted to be, but I much preferred the relative low-keyness of Crosscurrent to the pan-galactic cosmic failure that was FOTJ.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  12. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Wouldn't we hear something by now if this series got cancelled?

13. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Well, hearing nothing is almost as bad as actually hearing something, because it has been a long time since the duology was even mentioned.

14. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Yeah, we haven't really heard anything on the duology so is this cancelled or what? What about the Sword of the Jedi trilogy. Was looking forward to that series.

15. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    I think once LFL decides what they're going to do with the EU in regards to E7, then we'll here more about SOTJ & the Kemp duo. Until then, it's all in limbo.

16. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    This is from Paul's AMA on Reddit:

I believe you mentioned in the past a duology for Star Wars. When can we expect that?

Paul S. Kemp: Well, the Disney deal created some wrinkles. I’m under contract. But I’m on standby.

17. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Not surprising that they will wait until they know what will happen to the space-time-continuum.
    But can't they just change the names and make it a TOR spin-off?

18. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i was kind of looking forward to this series. Hope it stays on

19. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 19, 2013
    Even if the EU as we now it will end when Episode VII comes along I would hope that they still release the books they've already announced. I mean even EU fans knew ahead of release that the novels will no longer be canon they would still pick them up to see this journey to its end.

20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Ehh, I don't know about Golden writing the grand finale to the EU. Give it to Stover & Luceno, co-writing one super-novel, if it has to be done.

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Coughcough*Legacy Volume 2*Coughcough

22. LivingJediDream

LivingJediDream Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2010
    Stover hasn't done SW in about five years. I fear that he is done with Star Wars.

23. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    "I haven’t read Legacy; it’s not my era. I suppose I’ll have to, if LFL ever gives me a chance at my fondest Star Wars dream: to write the final adventure of the Big Three."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. LivingJediDream

LivingJediDream Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2010
    I can't blame Stover for not wanting to read it. I wish I didn't.

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    He wrote the short story about Tenebrous. I could see him coming back to write the EU's grand finale, along with Luceno.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.