main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Sword of the Jedi by Christie Golden

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    They've already done it before, though. Once Upon a Time, a character had a Star Wars ringtone. Jessie, the kids' dad brings home a lightsaber that turns out to be real and says they need to "let the Ewok out of the toy chest." Phineas and Ferb, when they go into space, Phineas says "it'll be just like Beggar's Canyon back home." Shake It Up, a girl holds up two hairbuns to her ears and says she is "the princess from that movie old people like." ANT Farm, they have to get George Lucas' autograph and they visit his house. C-3PO and R2-D2 meet them at the gate, and say Boba Fett tends the lawn, and Chewbacca's the housekeeper. When they attempt to break into the house to get the autograph, C-3PO summons a stormtrooper to get rid of them. My siblings watch way too much Disney, and I notice things that are Star Wars related. :p

2. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    they're probably waiting, till they get a copy of the script, for the adaptation.

3. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Didn't someone on SW Books FB even say we'd hear something about SOTJ at the SDCC?

4. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    I thought so too, but I can't find the reference now. :(

Maybe they just meant the general implication that everything's on hold? Maybe they were trying to shut up that one dude who kept asking?

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If it means that Treasure Planet became part of the Star Wars universe I am all for integration =P~

Gorefiend and Revanfan1 like this.
  6. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012

Of course....your siblings...we believe you.....:p

Revanfan1 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    We all know that Sword of the Jedi would revolve around a superweapon that destroys lightsabers and how the Jedi would have to use their lightsabers to stop it.

Grey1 likes this.
  8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    No, there's plenty more to speculate about. One's a story set in an unexplored time period. The other is an encyclopedia that would just summarize things we already know.

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Except all the discussion seems to be about appearing at comic-con and cancellation.

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Right now, yes.

And obviously more people have already become attached to a story instead of an encyclopedia.

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    They could release a character enyclopedia that only has characters that appeared in the PT/OT & TCW, and only have information about stuff in the movies and TV series, and then stick in a bunch of blank pages that say "Fill in your own characters from Episode 7 here!"

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...-formerly-who-would-you-want-to-see.30860297/ (just saying)

13. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I know, it was probably pointless of me to ask but I mentioned SOTJ on the SW Books facebook page, I just really wanna know what's happening with this!!!

Darth Xalfrea and Force Smuggler like this.
  14. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Agreed. If they're really cancelling it, at least tell us now instead of making us run around like headless chickens until the announcement.

Just say it outright. Enough with this secrecy.

15. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    I thought it was a good read.

16. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Wow. You must be from the future. Tell us what happens in this book.

17. Bib Fartuna

Nov 4, 2012
    I thought it was a quite interesting trilogy. Christie Golden introduced some new metaphysical concepts relating to the Force, into the Expanded Universe. A central theme of the series involved an analogy to Hawking Radiation, albeit from a GFFA perspective. Jaina was able to retrieve the information stream of Waru from the Crystal Star. Reconstructed into a form of an edible entheogen, shaped like a patty, Waru was consumed by Jaina, who was then able to rhetorically evolve into the Sword of the Jedi.

Apologies that the above wasn't blacked out for spoilers, I wasn't quite able to work that out.

18. Bib Fartuna

Nov 4, 2012
    I couldn't quite get your humor, until I just bought today's paper ... it's 2013! How do I get back to the future? I'm glad I didn't mention anything about Episode VII, however the one thing I'll say is that the in-universe explanation, that maintains continuity with the Expanded Universe, for the return of Chewbacca is freaking awesome :)

Rew and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Wow. Things must be getting bad in Lit if we resort to this.

20. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    They're not bad.

They're just drawn that way.

Gamiel and dp4m like this.
  21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I should add that to my quotes in my interview. I'd forgotten that, as well as a Caddyshack one...

Sinrebirth likes this.
  22. Normal_Nerds

Normal_Nerds Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 21, 2013
    I haven't read FotJ or LTotS, but I am eagerly anticipating this series (presuming it isn't cancelled). I agree that Jaina has been criminally side-lined infavour of her brothers and even Ben and her characterisation has suffered because of this. I think this would be the perfect opportunity to flesh her out properly.

The fact that Lucasfilm approved the Jaina t-shirt and statue recently makes me doubt that she's going to be scrubbed out of SW canon, even if some of the existing EU is truncated to fit the ST timeline.

23. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Even though this trilogy would be written by one of the same authors guilty of her underuse in FOTJ?

Or they're just trying to make as much money off her before the EU gets run over.

24. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    They're still going to sell the existing EU literature even if the ST wipes it all out. They're not going to take books out of print, or make the kindle or other e-book formats unavailable for purchase. Why would other merchandise be different?

25. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    I still don't think they will do a complete reboot. We may lose some stuff or have to do drastic continuity fixes...but I don't think the entire EU is out the window.

Darth Xalfrea likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.