main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Swordy goodness

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Saintheart, Dec 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    MMMMmmmmmm. Several hours of eBay later, I've finally got them: Theoden's sword, and Strider's Ranger sword. My girlfriend is too nice to me. Haha. Haha. MuhahaBWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Theoden's sword is really nice, and you'll find the balancing on the ranger sword to be just about perfect. that thing just flows with your arm.

Well made aren't they?

3. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Indeedy. I was hoping I'd be able to find your "paring knife", :D S_M, but they don't seem to be making 'em. :(

Now I just have to wait for Christmas :D

4. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Paring knife? You'll have to jog my memory...

5. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Specifically, your replica of that five foot paring knife last seen in the hands of Isildur's father round the intro to FOTR. :)

6. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Ah, that one :D

They don't make that one, but they do make Anduril, prime difference being that the runes are etched into the blade, that's about it.

I'm currently deciding between learning how to do that myself, and getting good enough that I feel confident adding the runes myself, or taking it to the guy who did the one in the film when we go to NZ next year...

7. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    That would be rather nice. :D

Don't know about the "Telchar wrought me first, in the deeps of time" inscription in elvish, though--how about something like, "Aragorn pwnz ur uruk-hai @$$, n00b scvm." ?

:D

EDIT: Or better yet, my personal favourite: Fabricati Diem, pvnc.

8. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Fabricati Diem, pvnc

[face_laugh]

9. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Nice idea, but I think I'll keep it authentic :)

10. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Where did you get your LOTR swords from SM ?

Could be interested in buying one soon myself.

11. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Empire toys in hay st. Perth.

Cheapest around too, they retail Narsil for around $650 (cheaper now with the dollar) and other places had it for nearly $1200.

12. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    They had a few on sale recently, not too bad a price either, but still out of my range.

Nice purchases though Saint :) Be sure to let me give one a go :p

13. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Next time I'm down at COTS I plan to bring them along to see if the guys can make some suggestions for fighting versions of them...which won't be until after Christmas, unfortunately...

All the LOTR swords are worth the expense, guys. They're not just made pretty to look at like some decorative blades you see around Perth. Pick one of these up and you'll never look at a sword from "Millennium" the same way again. Even Glamdring feels nice in the hand, even though the balance does seem a little strange, until you remember it's designed for the hand of an elf ;)

14. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Too right, they are excellent quality, the rip-off versions from Millenium can't hold a candle to the genuine articles.

And SH, Talk to Don at CotS, I remember him talking about fighting versions of them before.

15. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    When I am back in Perth (9 days and counting) I'll be sure to drop in and see what they have.

Do they keep any in stock or do they need to order them in ?

16. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Shadow_of_Evil posting...

I know this may seam a stupid question, but are the official LOTR replicas battle ready at all? I mean they are so bloody well made (if I recall holding your Narsil years ago SM) and they're perfectly weighted. Are they made to be capable of fighing?
    Not that you'd dare to put them through a melee.

17. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I would have loved to have gotten my hands on this beast. =P~

18. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    Shadow_of_Evil posting:

I actually almost bought that sword 2 weeks ago...but it's not an official one. I'm more than certain it's just your typical piece of stainless crap that's been home decorated to look similar to the Bride's sword.

But if I'm then hell yeah I'll buy it ASAP ;)

19. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Why are you using Kaustin's account Elliot?

20. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Why else? He's b*nned again. :D

PS Elliot, I think they are battle ready. I've taken SM's Narsil for a test drive in the past, and the balance is surprisingly good. Glamdring also had a strange but usable balance when I tested it at Empire a while back--nothing unwieldy about it at all, which suggests to me they are all usably balanced.

Having said that, I wouldn't want to take them out against some of the weapons that Don makes down at COTS: pretty stainless steel just ain't no match for tempered spring steel, and I don't like the idea of coin-sized nicks in three-figure-priced swords. ;)

21. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    Aww I Want Narsil! :( thats my favorite sword.. after I buy a new harddrive for editing thats my next buy!... saint its gonna be interesting editing this weekend.. coz harddrive space is getting minimal :( Oh well... we shall see!.. buy me a 200gig drive damn you :) there only $165 :) hehe

22. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    When are you editing? Soup's got until Sunday night off and may be able to get in a couple of hours. Not sure, I'd have to ask him. But yeah, let me know. :D

23. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    I think ive got it pretty down pat.. so yeah if he wants to come along and check it out by all means.. but its all good

24. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    We're gonna be doing edits Friday through Saturday arvo. I'd been planning to head over Darran's about seventhirtyish, and through to the wee small hours, then onward to Saturday. :D

25. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    S_o_E posting

How soon can you guys get me a copy of the edit after you're done? A VCD of it or something would be great so I can view it to make sure there are not going to be any CG issues with it. I'd hate for you guys to finalise the edit then me have to tell you to re-do a huge bunch of it because it's un-CGable.
    Oh, btw, I've decided I'm doing rotoscoping LAST...for logistic reasons.

btw: my account was 'spose to be unbanned days ago..lazy ass mods ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.