main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPG group

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by TheForst, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheForst

TheForst Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    Ok, Swampsurfer suggested that I ask if anyone is interested in a Star Wars RPG campaign for FanForce Acadiana. If you are interested please respond. Also, please suggest how often we should meet, when, where, and what type of game you like to play.

2. Hudel

Hudel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    Star Wars RPG? Sounds like a great idea to me. I'd love to play....

Having played RPG frequently in my youth, I would suggest meeting once a week or so. That way you can have longer campaigns and still have them fairly fresh in everyone's mind. As for where to play, the best setup I've used is a rotating party. Each member takes a turn hosting. If you have 5 players and a GM, each player would have it at there place (or someplace they arrange) every 6 weeks and just go down the line.

Having said all that, I have a problem. The problem is time. With "The Littlest Jedi" and a rotating retail schedule I don't have much of it. I have 1 Weekend off a month, which is reserved for the wife (by the wife). The rest of the time is unpredictable so I could not be counted as a regular member. I would try to play when available, but that might just screw up the party. :(

The REALLY crappy part is that I tried organizing some RPG friends of mine into a Star Wars RPG a couple of years ago when I had more time (and didn't know about these boards) and could get no takers. Such is life.

3. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    I am very interested. My only exposure to RPG is back in my early college years, for approx. 6months in D&D. I enjoyed it, but found the group was more interested in BS than playing the game. I hope we can stay focused.

Time is also a factor for me, once a week will be difficult I think. I would go for 1 a month. As far as keeping the material fresh. We could use our board to store minutes following each meeting. The DM could type up a summary. This would allow everyone in FFA to stay abreast of what is occuring & maybe spark more interest in the campaign.

Count me IN. I live in Lafayette, LA. Where do the rest of the interested parties live?

4. TheForst

TheForst Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    I also am in Lafayette. I think we could get away with meeting every two weeks, and/or when the most people are available. I think I could run a game with if few as three players and make it awesome, but one or two would still be fun. Of course, four to five would be optimal. Please let me know if you are interested. I would be willing to host at my home as often as neccessary.

5. MasterJediShake

MasterJediShake Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2003
    Sure I'm game. We talking about the new WoTC rpg or the old West End Games one. As far as hosting goes I dont really have much room at my place but I'm sure something can be worked out.

6. TheForst

TheForst Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    Well, all are have are the new WoTC D20 books. I find the system to be better.

7. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Oh. I didn't even know there was a new system. Shows you how out of touch I am. The version of the rules I read was the West End Game. Still, count me in. We can talk about more details at the next meeting. I hope you all show.

8. Hoth-God

Hoth-God Jedi Youngling

Feb 29, 2004
    I would be more than happy to run my S.W.R.P.G. campaign for any group of players. Right now I am working on a campaign that will start one year before Ep. II (so players will have ample time to build their characters before the B.O.G./T.C.W. from Ep. II). I have a lot of experience running S.W. and have knowledge of the Expanded Universe ranging from 1,000 years before the Battle of Yavin up to the Battle of Yavin. (I am a classic trilogy fan turned prequel fan. That should make for a well rounded game!) My goal is to take 6 (no more than 8) players from one year before The Clone Wars to The Battle of Endor, if possible! I will be sticking to the Lucas Storyline unless some player is skilled enough to change things in-character (without meta-gaming). The game will be ran in the D20 rules system with sessions lasting about 4 to 6 hrs (in the afternoon). I am presently in a room-mate situation. As soon as that is resolved I will be more than happy to run the game at my place in Lafayette! FOR MORE INFO. CONTACT: trampsmite@yahoo.com

9. TheForst

TheForst Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    I'm sorry, but I had already offered to GM the game. I think it'd be be best if we tried to stick to one group. Perhaps you'd like to join my game. ;) I didn't mention any details because I wanted to discuss with the players what they felt they wanted to play. If I had confused people by sounding to general, I am sorry I was actually trying to start a game with me as GM; I have trying to get a group together for some time now. All we need to do now is decide WHEN and WHERE to meet first. I reiterate, I am glad to host at my house.

10. MasterJediShake

Jun 9, 2003
    Count me in.

11. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Hoth_God, if you are interested in joining our FanForce group, please post in our Official Sign-Up thread. Also, we would be honored if you would join us.

12. TheForst

TheForst Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    Ok, how about a preliminary set up meeting this Saturday at my house? I live in Lafayette off Kaliste Saloom near Ambassador Caffery. We you be able to make it then? If so, at what time? Otherwise, what date might be better?

13. MasterJediShake

Jun 9, 2003
    If there are enough people I'll be happy to play. Doesn't have to be a #'ed meeting but those intrested in the rpg should reply. A good time for me is in the Afternoon like 2pm-til later than that.

14. TheForst

TheForst Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    That sounds good. So far I have two down for sure: Swampsurfer and JediMasterShake. Are there any others?

15. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Well, I am interested, but Saturday is questionable. I am off, but may have plans. Please, by all means plan it for then, because, like I said I am off. If I can make it, I will. Also, I will try to make it. [Crossing fingers that someone else joins the group.]

Question, do we all have to be working together as a group, when we play, OR can someone be an Imperial and another be a Rebel?

16. Hudel

Hudel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    I'm interested, but will be out of town this weekend. So count me in for playing...but out for this weekend. hehe. ;)

17. TheForst

TheForst Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    It would work much better if you all worked together.
    However, in the campaign setting that I am considering, Imperials and Rebels working together wouldn't be too far-fetched.

Also some more specific directions to my house:
    Heading south on Ambassador, turn left at Kaliste Saloom. Pass the movie theatre. On the right there will be a gas station, the road is Martial Avenue, turn right. My house will be on the left in a small cul-de-sac budding off the road. It is right after the white picket fence. The address is 201 East Martial

18. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    sounds like fun count me in

19. MasterJediShake

Jun 9, 2003
    Ok looks like this is the info for this Saturday.
    2pmish at Heading south on Ambassador, turn left at Kaliste Saloom. Pass the movie theatre. On the right there will be a gas station, the road is Martial Avenue, turn right. My house will be on the left in a small cul-de-sac budding off the road. It is right after the white picket fence. The address is 201 East Martial. If thats the plan let us know Forst. Remember you'll get more people if you say they'll get punch and pie.

20. TheForst

TheForst Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    That sounds right on target. And yes, refreshments will be provided.

21. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    i most likely won't be able to attend this weekend, but maybe next time.

22. MasterJediShake

Jun 9, 2003
    This still on for tomorrow?

23. TheForst

TheForst Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    Yes it is. I can manage as long as at least two people show, and one of my friends should also be there.

24. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I will have to leave at 2:45 PM. My daughter is involved in this GIRL POWER thing with the Girl Scouts & our church, and I have to pick her up at 3 PM. After that I am booked. Unless we can start earlier, say 11PM or so, it will be a waste for me to show up.

I will watch this thread for the next few hours. Sorry, but that's the only time I have this weekend :(

25. TheForst

TheForst Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    That would work out just fine. Show up earlier if you need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.