main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

--SWRPG - PBEM -- Calling players!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by DarkTreader, Mar 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkTreader

DarkTreader Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    Hey hey! I'm sure some of you out there that frequent this board have been wanting to do some SW RPG-ing (if you haven't found a group around you, that is! :) ) Now, I'm putting a call out to any people who'd be interested in playing an NJO-era SW RPG.
    If there are between 4 and 6 people who're interested and respond within... oh, the next 2 days or so, I'll set up a PBeM on YahooGroups (or wherever else someone might suggest...). Hopefully, fingorfin'll still be willing to GM a game, and mayhaps some other people would be willing to run games as well. If so, we could have a huge load of players, multiple games, the works.
    So... if you're interested, gimme a response on here. The sooner we get the players and all, the sooner we can start the gaming!

2. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Like I said in the other thread. I'd be happy to play, although I don't have any SW source books. I do have the D&D 3e Player's Handbook (and DM's guide), so I think the only extra information I need is class/race specific.

Or, if it is easier, whoever is GM-ing could roll me up a character.

3. DarkTreader

Feb 22, 2002
    So far, I've got the Core rules and the DS Sourcebook... waiting to get my NJO one in from Barnes & Nobles.

I've actually already got you on the list of players, Syrix ^_^

4. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Well, just making sure ;)

I'm not sure where they are sold in Sydney. There's a store that sells the D&D stuff, but not much more. Certainly not any SW RPG Sourcebooks.

5. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Hello, my name is Fingorfin, and I'll be your GM for this adventure.

Fair warning: I have not read the NJO novels (although I will soon, but not before game). My only knowledge of this time period comes from the gaming books and Gamer articles, so there may be substantial alteration of some events and/or characterizatins. I know that most people do not have problems with this sort of thing in RPGs, but a few do (I get that way over some things in the Rebellion Era) . I just do not want to have anyone get upset if things in game do not reflect the way they appear in the books. Having said that, I welcome anyone that is craving adventure.

6. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Cool.

Well, outside the movies, my knowledge is really very minimal. But I've got nothing against changing what's already been written for the sake of a better game.

Anyway, what do we need to do now? Sign up/roll characters/etc?

7. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    DarkTreader is working on the thechnical aspects now. Start thinking about the type of character that you want to play, then let me know and I can roll a character for you and get it back to you so that you can OK it (since it is your character).
    I have found another person wanting to play. Three PC makes a viable game, but a few more would help. If you know anyone interested send them this way.
    PM if you have any other questions.

8. Algaris

Algaris Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    Hey there, treader told me that you guys were running this, and i want a piece of the action. I used to DM a rpg on Westwood a few years back, but it has been years since i have done that. get back to me.

9. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    That's four. :)
    Contact DarkTreader about getting on the mailing list.

10. DarkTreader

Feb 22, 2002
    Just thought I'd let everyone know that the mailing list is set up, and everyone who's gotten me their e-mail addys has been sent an invitation. I should have a printable copy of the character sheets done this evening, as well as a copy that should be a bit easier to work from for use in-game.

Right now, I'm about a third of the way through the relevant info in the book that I'm trying to compile... Character creation stuff should also be put up later this evening, as well as species info. Class lists I might not get on the shared files until tomorrow evening, but it'll be up soon :)

-~ Shaun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.