main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters SW's Green-eyed Hot Dudes Talk & Drool Corner! [First Challenge] 10-03-2010!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi, Jade_eyes here :) -- the one known for loving J/J, Liz/Kyp, and L/M mushy goodness. :D

After talking with Ceillean, and the mods, we are presenting this thread for

* Discussing profic and fanfic handling of Jag, Kyp, Cade, & Zekk.

* Periodic mini challenges.

The host(s) will be presenting these and when posted in the Saga or Beyond, please post the link here for the first post in a chaptered fic. :D

Also, any suggestions for mii-challenges can be PM-ed and collected by either host. :)

Once introduced, there will be four weeks to post. This is so as to minimize bogging things down with more than 1 currently running challenge. ;)

Have fun, all!!

~~~
    [reserved for index] :)

2. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Not speaking to drooliciousness. [face_not_talking]

However, I used to ship Zekk and Jaina. I liked the idea of the pining Zekk and Jaina finally recognizing and returning his affections. Fan fiction, notably 'The Cloak', by oldjedinurse, converted me to Jag/Jaina. I don't write the ship...at all, but I'm much more comfortable with the idea than I used to be.

As for Kyp. I like him. He's cool, in a functioning misfit kind of way. I ship him with my OC Terris Carol. They're fun together. More of this to come, by the way. :D

3. Overboard4aFel

Overboard4aFel Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    Oooooh! I'm totally here... :D =P~

I will admit that my first green-eyed hotness was Zekk-- I remember clearly coming to these boards when Jag was first introduced and having yet to read any of the NJO, and only the YJK- that I was offended that anyone could think that there could be any other guy for Jaina-- then I read Jag--

Insert =P~

Yeah-- Totally fell for that one.
    I think what I wish the most that they had done for Zekk, was to carry on some sort of adult personality for him. He seemed to reach 16-17 and stay.

Jag-- Definately more! They didn't do a whole bunch with him at first- not a whole lot to work with, but the fans seemed to fill in the gaps. Wish they had gotten a little more into the family relationship that the Fel's share-- they kinda just left it hanging. The only ones who seemed to give them any depth of relationship was DJ and that one book out of the Force Heritic series- Not a whole bunch.

And Kyp! I will duck as I say this-- I used to despise the guy. However-- I think they have actually given him a real fun personality- Someone needs to be the muck-churner- and he does that stupendously. :D Only thing I could wish for him was to actually see his girl! Give some love-action with him! I love Ceilean's Liz for that!! She's a perfect match! [face_love]

Just my opinion- not of much worth, but it's mine, none the less.

:D

O4aF

4. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Oh boy...this might take awhile.

I love both characters. Jag and Kyp, that is. I never read YJK so I never had an infinity toward Zekk, and Kyp I hated at first but ever since Dark Journey I have grown to love.

Jag, however, I have loved since he first appeared in the Dark Tide series. He is the reason for my love of dark hair, blue/green eyed men in real life. (Aka Chris Pine, Eddie Cahill, Patrick Dempsey, my ex. [face_laugh])

One of my favorite scenes ever in profic, right behind the Luke/Mara scene in VOTF, is the scene between Jag and Jaina in Ruin, where they are watching the shuttle being brought in. The chemistry is there and I loved this pairing since he first appeared. (I'm trying to go through Dark Tide now.)

"We're simply the best combat pilots in the galaxy!" I think I loved Jagged Fel then.

Then he went away but then came back, and boy did he. Alston gave him a personality, one to compete with Kyp, and I hated the fact that pro fic went away from that developing friendship. Kyp and Jag are two dynamics that are just a blast to read...and write.

Celchu: "We'll make a Rebellion-style pilot of him yet." See personality. Whoever says he doesn't apparently doesn't see this! And of course J/J's first kiss *swoon* I fangirl squealed with that happened. I did seriously

Then the end of NJO came around and Jaina left Jag. Broke my heart, because I loved them so much during the NJO, and then the Killiks.

:mad:

I won't even go into that. Those books angered me so much, having Zekk and Jaina be like that... Argh!!!

Then LOTF, I do like how they brought in Jag again, but instead of the Kyp and Jag competition, it was Jag and Zekk and definitely not as enjoyable.

Mostly everything past NJO made me mad. The only thing I actually liked was Jag becoming Head of State. I dunno why, but that aspect intrigues me.

Edit: Oh snap, I almost forget that Han let Jag fly the Falcon. Now if that doesn't say something. i don't know what does.

Kyp needs some more air time IMO. I think they pushed him to the side and well, he is such a great character! Other than Han quipping he always liked Kyp better...

Fanfic wise, I love those who write the friendship between Kyp and Jag. I love when Kyp get a woman who can not only keep up with him, but also keep him in line. Like Ceil's Liz.

And duh Jaina and Jag. I love them both, they have chemistry.

Durron: "Jaina never intended to marry the prince."
    Fel: "I see. He is not a Jedi."
    Durron: "True, but that's not the issue. I'm guessing that the only man Jaina would ever take seriously is one who can out-fly her."
    Fel: "There are not many who fit that description."

Just love the hint there, that Jag is probably one of the only people in the galaxy that outflies Jaina!

Fel: "I can be very diplomatic when I need to be."
    Solo: "Oh, I know that, all right. But?"
    Fel: "Just think about it: the two of us rendezvousing on fabulous worlds, from one side of the galaxy to the other."
    Solo: "You know, that doesn't sound half bad."
    Fel: "I'll work hard at making our encounters nothing short of wonderful."
    Solo: "Maybe there is a touch of scoundrel in you, after all."

Now romantic relationships wise, I love this scene. I think Jag will always love Jaina, and she him. I mean come on...
    Oh wait, another great Kyp/Jag interaction

"Direct confrontation. That is the Fel family approach, isn't it?"
    "I come from more than one family line, Kyp. Some of them are sneakier than others.

I reading through some stuff and realized Jag has some great quotes that I have seem to have forgotten about.

"Falling afoul of an ambush while simply trying to help someone. It seems like such an inglorious way to die."
    "I don't think there are necessarily any good ways to die, Jaina."

"This part of the galaxy has made a romantic of you, Fel." Oh yes it has. I think meeting someone who is a firecracker like Jaina will cause the grimest, most stoic of men to break the facade every so often!

Ok I think I'm done now. As I said, I love the

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Topic:

Where do you wish profic had taken your fave SW droolicious dude -- as to relationships and life experiences?

~~~

Super fine discussion here. :cool: @};-

Brodie -- Hi!!!! "Droolicious" is definitely a fangirl thing LOL!!! ?The Cloak? was magnificent as a J/J fic =D= and as a ?see this is how you do right by the characters in a way that makes total sense? :p ?Functioning misfit? LOL ? that?s Kyp all right. :*

O4aF: I know that?s right about Zekk ? it?s like they grew him to a certain point and then stopped. o_O

You and Master Jay got it so right about Liz for Kyp; the only ?love her like she was my own sister? other character for yours truly is Nyota -- [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

I think half the problem in writing both Kyp and Jag in profic is so many different authors ? leads to discontinuities in how they?re presented and in intriguing plot lines that are dropped, e.g. the River Project and the Outsiders group in the NJO.

Master Jay -- I know what you mean about Ruin -- total chemistry =P~ and Kyp in Dark Journey -- total coolness.

In total agreement about the end of the NJO onwards.

Hello!!!

And then they wrote them apart again in LOTF. Bite me, do they ever learn? [face_frustrated]

Fanfic -- the Kyp/Jag friendship is a great example of bromance at its best [face_laugh] and J/J can really take off and melt me good [face_dancing]

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ooooh!!!! Yippee!!!! It's up!!!!

As for Zekk - I am with Overboard4aFel with that one. I read YJK before I read the NJO, and I was all over the idea of Jaina and Zekk . . . they were adorable. (And I still have quite a few Jade_Max fics where I go to revamp the Zekk/Jaina affection [face_love]) And then I read Jag . . .

Can we say perfect, please? =P~

Where Zekk and Jaina fell into an awkward place in profic, Jag and Jaina really grew on me. Zekk was a great friend - but he didn't have that side that stood up to Jaina. He took off in Dark Ruin because he couldn't see her embark on that path (Jade_eyes - they sooooo stopped growing his character. Although I am interested in him and the Hapan hottie Taryn. [face_thinking] I so wish that Blood Oath wasn't scratched! :() And then while Zekk fell away from Jaina, Jag stepped up and told her like it was . . . They bickered; they danced (the red dress, anyone? [face_mischief] And they bantered. There were moments where it was like reading Han/Leia again, and I remember just thinking that those were the only parts I enjoyed in the NJO.

And then pro!fic screwed that up. :(

Again and again and again . . . :oops:

But, I am enjoying where Jag is going in profic - Emperor, please? =P~ My personal hope is that once Jaina sees the Sith threat growing, she'll realize that she needs something strong to depend on. Like Jag. [face_love]

As for Kyp - I think he needs more screentime. Or his own book even. Heck, his own series! [face_dancing] But I've been making my way through Ceil's Kyp/Liz, and I'm so content with that that I don't think I'd like to give profic a chance to mess with him. [face_laugh] He's a great foil to Jaina, and older brother figure - even though nothing can be more fun than a dark and creepy Kyp/Jaina fanfic once and a while . . . [face_devil]

Yeah, you just can't go wrong all around. [face_laugh]

[face_dancing]

Thanks, gals, for getting this going!! [:D]

~MJ @};-

7. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    *waves like a maniac*

Hello everyone! I'm so happy that this thread is already so active. And I was only gone for half a day! [face_laugh]

Okay...first discussion topic. I'm going to try and not, you know, drool all over the place.
    But no worries, there are several drool bucket somewhere in a corner and, of course, a drool dumpster. [face_laugh] You know, just in case...

So what about Cade? Cade's frickin' hot and no one's mentioned him yet. :eek:
    According to the Cade fanclub:

[image=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r296/Ceillean/open.jpg]

:p

He's one hell of a great character, that's for sure.

My brother was a huge YJK fan and he introduced me to Zekk back then. I thought he was a highly interesting character. The story of his life was so different because it was dark compared to other characters that came your way. At least at that age. When he appeared in NJO, I was psyched. But I didn't much care for the character development. And DN...good God. :eek: I won't even go there.
    There's a reason why Troy Denning is my least favorite Star Wars author. Besides the fact that the man describes Kyp looking like a dog every. damned. time.

The fact that canon has more or less kicked Zekk out of the picture is beyond wrong. I was severely disappointed when his book was canceled. We have absolutely no idea what happened to him after LotF and then he suddenly reappears in FotJ just like that, without any sort of explanation? o_O Come on!

Then there's Jag.
    I liked him from the very beginning. And I loved the fact that he and Jaina were getting along so well. Jaina and Zekk could have worked but I always liked Jag better. Kyp and Jaina? In my world that's one hell of a no go because to me Jaina and Kyp are like family. He knew her when she was a three year old. I don't know, that just feels wrong to me picturing them as an item.

Anyway, I like Jag's military stoicism. How he can be all serious one minute but casual the next. Wasn't there a scene in LotF where he's speaking with Leia and once he's alone he relaxes and all but slouches in the chair? I have this vague memory and I loved that.
    And one of my favorite Jag scenes is when he's wearing the Mando armor and he says something about not stubbing his toe.

I think it was The_Pied_Piper who compared Jag to Batman because of the armor. [face_batting]

Now that Jag's Head of State...sometimes I think it's okay. But then again I think he might make a better character if he were able to go out and fight again. Throughout the last few books all we've seen is Jag sitting behind his desk. The man has to be going insane.

And then there's Kyp. [face_love]

The first time I read about Kyp I was 12 years old. Fifteen years ago I started drooling over this fictional character and I haven't stopped since. Does that make me a die hard fan? [face_laugh]
    Back then he was interesting because he was the first younger character I'd read in the Star Wars universe. The story arc with him going Dark Side was highly interesting although, honestly, I'm still surprised he got to live after destroying Carida. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining but it really didn't make all that much sense.

He returned in Darksaber after becoming a Jedi Knight. Didn't like the book, thought it was boring. Leviathan was awesome. One of few comic books I actually bought and still own. And then came NJO.

*coughs*

Yeah...[face_plain]

My first reaction when I read Vector Prime: what the hell did they do to Kyp? Where'd the nice teenager go? The kid from the spice mines? The good kid who wanted to make a difference? Because instead of him we get an arrogant son of a sith with one fat big mouth. I mean, come on! Dozen and two avengers? o_O A frickin' fanfare when they're landing and lifting off? Hello?!

Because of this book and because of what they did to Kyp I turned my back on Star Wars for three years.

I'm not even sure why I came back but I'm glad I did. Because in Dark Journey we finally read the Kyp we were supposed to be readi

8. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    First off, this picture needs to be repeated.

Okay, moving on. :p

Where do you wish profic had taken your fave SW droolicious dude -- as to relationships and life experiences?

Profic has done quite a number on Jagged Fel. From breaking up his relationship twice to marooning him on a planet to just plain bad characterization, Jag's been pummeled by profic. I'm not completely on board with his current role. I suppose it depends on how it pans out. His life experiences haven't be told. I'd like to hear more about his upbringing and the deaths of three of his siblings. It would provide more insight into Jag's character as a whole.

As for relationships? The latest move was a pointless, out-of-character repeat performance. I'd like to see that rectified.

9. Overboard4aFel

Aug 16, 2010
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Love that pic!!!

Is this where I insert "Amen"?

Really though- you've named my entire upsetment with profic with regards to Jag- let alone the relationship with Jaina!

10. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Nice to see a thread for drooling over green-eyed men.

Zekk - oh, for want of Blood Oath.

[image=http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab323/fangirlcantina/Star%20Wars/Blood_Oath.jpg]

Kyp - well, he's been made the butt of one too many jokes in the latest EU books. I think we all get it that he's scruffy and unkempt, every time he comes on the page. Personally I think he'd be a bit of a ladies' man...

As for Jag - glory be I hope someone pulls him out of the clawcraft spiral of bad characterization in the last few books. I'd rather read him in any number of fanfic right now than pay for what the EU is giving us.

11. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I sense...something...calling me...to this thread...

THAT'S it! :D

[image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jadedskies/cade/greeneyes.jpg]

I'm actually very happy with Cade's journey in the Legacy comics. It's been a bumpy ride and I haven't always liked the profic events (there's still an Issue #29 sized dent in my wall ;p) but I don't think I would change anything. As a reader/fan who wanted Cade to embrace his destiny on the Light side of the Force all along, parts of his story were frustrating as all get-out to read, but those experiences sculpted him and made him what he is. *cough*TheHottestPieceOfAssInTheGFFA*cough* :*

As to relationships, I got my little Cade/Deliah fangirl heart's desire at the end. [face_love] That scene on Wayland is my Graceland, baybee. *sniff*

Now, if Cade can just not die in Legacy: WAR...

I used to read the novels religiously, but I am SO out-of-the-loop on these guys. Most everything I read now leaves me thinking: What the HECK??? They're great characters! What are the authors doing? :oops: (One of the many, many reasons I just can't stomach the post-ROTJ novels anymore.)

Backing up a bit:
    Or Jariah Syn or Kol Skywalker or Ganner Krieg... [face_batting]

The Green-Eyed Hotness is strong with them. ;)

12. Lady_Jedi93

Lady_Jedi93 Jedi Knight star 4

May 11, 2010
    [face_laugh] I've seen the Cade Skywalker Fanclub and now this. I must be honest, I enjoy reading you ladies' posts more than I enjoy the characters. You always crack me up and brighten my day. [:D] But that doesn't mean I'm not gonna drool over Kyp a bit. =P~ These boards need a wolf whistle. :D

I've read the YJK and I thought Zekk was sweet. Then I read some of the NJO. I don't remember which book it was but it had just a little Jag and Jaina and I was so there [face_love]
    But alas, I discovered Dark Journey and I will forever be a K/J shipper! I guess I just can't resist the bad boy. [face_blush] I do love a good J/J though.

I've not read much profic and I've never read any of the comics so I don't know a whole lot about the characters. Most of my knowledge has come from fanfic, which I find more enjoyable than any of the profic.
    I will be keeping an eye on this thread! @};-

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Tkeira & Trace and LadyJedi93: Hi!!!!

Love your comments, especially on Krieg and Cade.

Fanfic is my true and amazing source for all things Cade, Deliah, and Roan. Dreamy sigh. LOL

Made a slight name change per request of the mods [face_batting] Isn't this a cute new title? [face_laugh]

Fits, too.

[face_dancing]

14. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Is there anything better than a place dedicated to talking exclusively about black-haired, green-eyed hotties? I think not!

Big [:D] to Cei & jade_eyes for starting this. =D=

There is already some awesome comments and =P~ pictures (especially Zekk) that I have to come back to later and jump into.

But at the moment, I'm looking for some info. for a story that I'm trying to finish (well, get started anyway:p ) that I'm sure some of my fellow fangirls will be able to provide for me.

Dark Tide II - Ruin. You know the one with the imfamous Ithor red dress ballroom scene?

Well, I don't own the book, my library is out of it and I've been looking all over the net trying to find the lines that J/J said to each. She said something to the effect of that she'd be more comfortable in her flight suit or robes while she was pulling on the dress; and he responded with stteo, no doubt but you look beautiful just the same or something like that.

Did he actually say something like that or am I just getting confused with something I read in fanfic? Sometimes it all blurs together.

15. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    The red dress is in Dark Journey. ;)

The lines:
    Pg. 167

"I'd be happier in a flight suit," she said ruefully.

"No doubt, but you look lovely all the same." -Jag

16. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Thanks FelsGoddess. [:D]

No wonder I couldn't find it, I was in the totally wrong book!:p

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Love the title! *giggles*

Ah yes, just popping in to say that I love the idea for this index/thread. I will be by later (when I have more time) to leave my comments about certain green-eyed men... :p

18. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Well...

Zekk's from the YJK, which makes him intsta-win for me. :D I also think his Fall to the Dark Side was one of the more... nuanced and subtle. I actually think it's superior ro Anakin Skywalker's. Brakiss tempted him with... discovering his 'true' potential.

Jag... fanfic version only, please. I think if Jaina had never entered the picture, those two would be good friends. And it's how I usually write them.

Kyp is another KJA creation, which again makes him awesome by default. :D

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi Striker and Idri!!! :) :)

I want to present a grab bag of possible challenges [face_dancing] Feel free to add to the list and to say which one you want to make the debut challenge.

:)

1. First date mishaps
    2. Wedding jitters
    3. Newbie daddy adventures
    4. First time heading a mission or making a command decision
    5. Oblivious stage of romance.
    All these work for Jade, the sponge who is always ready to soak up some mush!!!

[face_laugh]

20. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Oh dear...newbie daddy?

Plot bunnies abound! Mush abound!

Squee!!! (Ok now I am going back to watch Star Trek. I love being a nerd)

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh Master Jay!!!! Especially in the Trek fandom - how droolicious is Daddy!Sarek or Daddy!Spock -- oh dear! I've evaporated.

LOL!!!!!!

[face_dancing]
    Oops, wrong fandom rofl! Daddy Kyp and Jag would be too hot and fun for words!!!!

[face_mischief]

22. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Newbie daddy jumped out at me as well when I saw the suggestions. ;)

Bring on the green eyes to future generations. [face_laugh]

[face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

23. Overboard4aFel

Aug 16, 2010
    Jade-- You crack me up!!! :D:D:D

I'm feeling the Oblivious state of Romance or the First Date Mishaps... ooohh... Yeah, I'm feeling the plot bunnies procreate....
    This is bad...

But oh so good!=P~ =P~

:D

O4aF

24. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Kyp is another KJA creation, which again makes him awesome by default.

Okay, I give. Kyp was the best thing to come out of Jedi Search. :) (Thank you, Striker, for reminding me of that. [:D] )

*relapses into silence*

25. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    This.

As for challenges, I've always liked reading and writing the favorite characters in situations that would most likely never be dealt with in canon.
    Assuming, for example, Jag and Jaina had a rather rebellious kid. As in really rebellious. How would they deal with it? He's a high ranking politician and can't really afford the press tearing up his family in the media.

Or, how about a background challenge? All these characters have/had family.
    Jag, for instance -- hardly anyone writes about his family. The same goes for Kyp and Zekk. Actually, the same goes for all these characters.
    What could their lives have been like as children? Before THE EVENT. :p As in, before they started being shaped into who they are in canon today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.