main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWTCG Dream Card Contest 2

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Bacabachaui, Feb 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Topic reposted here on the new TCG board.

Contest run by Jedi Benji. Posted by me to make it sticky.

- Cards must be based on the Battle of Endor, please only from scenes seen in the Special Edition of the Movie
    - Each person may only enter 5 cards, 1 of each type (Charactor, Ground, Space, Mission, Battle) To avoid spam, so think before you enter, if you enter more then one card of the same type neither of the cards will be counted, so if unsure just ask me what you have entered
    - Nothing on the cards can be against the TOS, if there is anything on there against the TOS, you will be disqualified from the game.
    - Entries Will close at 12 pm on the 31st of March, no enteries will be accepted beyond this time.
    - Card Templates are encouraged and are located here
    - Please send me the cards to my email (jedi_benji@hotmail.com) rather then posting, i will post them myself, only cards sent by email will be accepted into the contest

Awards will be based as follows
    Winner - Card that is the best balanced, may be because of new balanced ability or maybe use of the preexisting ability.
    Second Place - Card that is Second Best balanced, may be because of new balanced ability or maybe use of the preexisting ability.
    Artwork Winner - Card that most looks like an average TCG card
    Allrounder Award - Card with excellant artwork and great ability, or even a card that didnt quite make it but still requires recognition

Prize - VIP Status for 2 weeks, with whatever colors you desire.

NOTE: Cards will be Playtested, by being placed against similar cards, so you may wish to playtest them yourself before you enter. I will play test cards by placing cards against similar ones, which should be a close battle and against ones bigger then it, which they should lose. This is how the winner, second place and all rounder award will be determined.

All winners agree to add the reason for their VIPship in their signature for the time they are in this status as well (per guidelines for contests of this nature "status be *thoroughly* documented - in the title, signature, and most importantly in their usernotes" so other users and Mods know why)

Please contact me (Jedi Benji) with any inquiries

You can design your card using whatever resources you have available, but all card templates are available here, and they are already blank and easy to use.

2. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    Alright guys, contests back up this time Battle of Endor is the theme, so get those ewoks, at-st's, Lukes and Executors comin!!!

Make sure you read the rules TWICE!!! I cant stress how Important it is you understand the limitations!

3. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I agree on making sure it fits the rules, otherwise it gets frustrating to get stuff not within the guidelines. I'd like to add to this that people should also double check spelling on the cards. Last time there were a few that had stuff like "Envade" for Evade and other weird stuff like that.

4. SithDooku

SithDooku Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2002
    Alrighty I've started!

5. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    When you say BATTLE OF ENDOR, are you talking about just stuff that was plantside or can we get some Death Star II battle action going on?

6. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    I mean i want the space battle, the ground battle, the charactor battle and anything in between but STRICTLY movies only!

Also when sending in youur cards please put them in .gif format, otherwise ill have to change it, which might damage the card or something

7. Goo_Child

Jul 31, 2002
    You didn't get my question. Do you only want cards form the battle ON Endor (people fighting in forrest.) Or the Battle Of Endor (another name for the entire Dearth Star II battle. People shooting each other in space, and in the woods.)

8. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    Battle OF Endor, otherwise i cant imagine how anyone could have space units ;)

9. SithDooku

May 7, 2002
    I'm not familuar with .gif tell me how and I'll do. :)

10. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Can we do a Luke card from the battle of Endor?

11. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    Well do what u can, ill change the format alright?

And yes you can have a Luke, or a Vader or a palp, i wouldnt mind seeing a neut vader either, just dont forget ITS GOTTA BE BALANCED! :D

12. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    What do you mean Balanced?

13. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    like u cant have 10 power for 2 build, it has to be equal, use real cards as referance if you will

14. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Oh. Okay. Now one last question! How do I get a pic into the Card template?

15. SithDooku

May 7, 2002
    Cut and Pasting. I'll help you out later.

16. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    or copy and paste over the top, for mac users youll need to bring to front, also with some pc programs. And as of yet noone has submitted a card...

17. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    But where do I put it at to copy and paste it? I have a PC.

18. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    ok, copy your picture in paint or something, then load the template and then paste it and ajust it til it fits

19. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    K. I'll try it in just a minute.

20. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    Well from now on could people please PM me insted of posting here, ill have a how to make a card and send it to neone with problems.

21. Goo_Child

Jul 31, 2002
    I will put directions on my site later. here is the link.

link

22. katha

katha Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    I believe these links were posted for the previous contest, but not this one
    I thought they might help those entering the contest

Text sheet 1
    Text sheet 2

And then here is some additional peices I though might be of help, since I've used them

Text sheet 3

Hope those are helpful

PS to Mods: sorry if I'm not supposed to post those, if so just delete the links

23. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    theyre great, i was about to do so myself and the extra one is awesome! Ive also received 2 cards aready, i wont say who by until the end, then ill reveal the artists, as soon as i get 3 cards ill post em. Ill only ever post in 3's so get your cards in!

Also these cards are of VERY high standard so make sure you card is something useful, not something useless. i can build a deck out of one of these cards already!

24. SithDooku

May 7, 2002
    This is fun! I,ve got finnal drafts of alll five of my cards done on paper now I just have to make em!

25. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    OK first 3 cards are in...

[image=http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/jedibenji/emperorpalpatine_z_.gif]

[image=http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/jedibenji/darklightning.gif]

[image=http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/jedibenji/battleofendor.gif]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.