main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWTCG Dream Card Contest 2

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by Bacabachaui, Mar 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Contest run by Jedi Benji. Posted by me to make it sticky.

- Cards must be based on the Battle of Endor, please only from scenes seen in the Special Edition of the Movie
    - Each person may only enter 5 cards, 1 of each type (Charactor, Ground, Space, Mission, Battle) To avoid spam, so think before you enter, if you enter more then one card of the same type neither of the cards will be counted, so if unsure just ask me what you have entered
    - Nothing on the cards can be against the TOS, if there is anything on there against the TOS, you will be disqualified from the game.
    - Entries Will close at 12 pm on the 31st of March, no enteries will be accepted beyond this time.
    - Card Templates are encouraged and are located here
    - Please send me the cards to my email (jedi_benji@hotmail.com) rather then posting, i will post them myself, only cards sent by email will be accepted into the contest

Awards will be based as follows
    Winner - Card that is the best balanced, may be because of new balanced ability or maybe use of the preexisting ability.
    Second Place - Card that is Second Best balanced, may be because of new balanced ability or maybe use of the preexisting ability.
    Artwork Winner - Card that most looks like an average TCG card
    Allrounder Award - Card with excellant artwork and great ability, or even a card that didnt quite make it but still requires recognition

Prize - VIP Status for 2 weeks, with whatever colors you desire.

NOTE: Cards will be Playtested, by being placed against similar cards, so you may wish to playtest them yourself before you enter. I will play test cards by placing cards against similar ones, which should be a close battle and against ones bigger then it, which they should lose. This is how the winner, second place and all rounder award will be determined.

All winners agree to add the reason for their VIPship in their signature for the time they are in this status as well (per guidelines for contests of this nature "status be *thoroughly* documented - in the title, signature, and most importantly in their usernotes" so other users and Mods know why)

Please contact me (Jedi Benji) with any inquiries

You can design your card using whatever resources you have available, but all card templates are available here, and they are already blank and easy to use.

2. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Is anyone going to post the entries here?

3. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    Are we supposed to e-mail or post them first? Did the rules change?

4. Starkiller1

Starkiller1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2003
    I'll second Capt Piett's question even though it seems we should still email them.

Anyway, one other thing I'd like to ask if you mean that the card must be from an added Special Edition scene or just from any scene in RotJ:SE involving the Battle of Endor? It will be hard to make units since I cannot remember any new units being added in the SE scenes.

5. Capt_Piett

Aug 4, 2002
    Hey, the link with templates disappeared. Where can I get card templates?

Thanks,
    Capt_Piett

6. SithDooku

SithDooku Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2002
    E-mail your submissions to Ben he will post them.

7. Starkiller1

Mar 24, 2003
    Just emailed my entries, hopefully you receive them Benji, my email program was acting funny.

8. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    Sorry guys, was catchin up on homework, but i got a site up for the Dream card contest...

www.jedibenji.8m.net

Go there for all the cards, but the server forbids me to post remote links so just check up there sometimes ;)

And send em to my email adress

9. SithDooku

May 7, 2002
    Have you got my other cards Ben?

10. Starkiller1

Mar 24, 2003
    So did you get my entries benji?

Sorry to ask twice, just making sure.

11. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    no i havent recieved your cards yet either, are you sending it to jedi_benji@hotmail.com?

And make sure you guys are sending it in a small file size, if they get too big it clogs up my inbox

12. Starkiller1

Mar 24, 2003
    Yeah that's the email I sent to, even copy/pasted. Oh well, maybe I can remember what my 5 cards were. On a side note, it sure would be alot easier to just post them here, it took me an hour to make those cards lol. And that's just the text, I don't know how to use the card templates yet.

13. L-R-J-V

L-R-J-V Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2003
    I just sent them again, should probably have went through fine this time, although I realize now that I didn't include my username in the email. My email is from starkiller1@starwarsfan.com and it has A-Wing, Rebel Strike Team, Emperor Palpatine, Prevent The Escape, and High Speed Pursuit.

14. annakinstarkiller

annakinstarkiller Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2003
    Can we send them as a .zip file?

15. Starkiller1

Mar 24, 2003
    OMG, I totally messed up, lol.

I was on my sister's comp and accidentally posted as her(L-R-J-V).

Anyway, as you can see since my name is Starkiller1 and the email address in the L-R-J-V post matches it is somewhat safe to assume it was me.

Sorry for all this mixup.

16. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    Well i got yours but you really do need to make the cards from templates, i cant just accept text, but if you use paint it will take a few secs to just put the text in and throw in a pic.

[color=red] Im realising many cards are way too big for my email account as the user is not putting the file in jpg format, this reduces the file size and allows my account to recieve about 20 cards before funning out of space, rather then the 1 huge card file. If you find your card is not getting through in jpg format Please PM me and i might find another way to get the card.[/color]

17. Starkiller1

Mar 24, 2003
    Well, I'll have to learn to make images some time soon but until then I guess I can't participate in this.

18. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I have discovered a new font(s). If I can can redo my cards and send them to you would that be ok? I know you are having size problems so if you would rather I not just say so. Also can the image be from a ROTJ book? I found a great illastration of some people in the movie. Or would you rather us just use movie?

19. annakinstarkiller

annakinstarkiller Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2003
    Hi, I was wondering if you had recieved my cards? If not, I could resend them. Thanks.

20. SithDooku

May 7, 2002
    Trying again to send em in....

21. Capt_Piett

Aug 4, 2002
    Hey Jedi_Benji,
    Check your PM's. Dated, urgent material enclosed.

Thanks

22. Capt_Piett

Aug 4, 2002
    Wow, how time flies. I only got three of my original five done. Too bad, I wanted to do a Moff Jerjerrod card. :(
    Anyway, Benji, I could really use a heads up as to weather you got my Space card yet. Did you?

23. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I just sent off my last card. While searching for the final image, I came accross one that would have worked better for a card I had already sent in. :(
    I was only able to make four cards total though. I remember when the contest started, I thought March 31st was so far off. Now I am sending in my cards with only hours remaining, wishing I had more time...

24. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    ok guys calm down, if you want you should send your last cards in soon, i might have to clear my account so i might not be gettin all the cards so the only new cards ill be recieveing will be from the people that posted above me, ill take the week to decide and might have the results up... lets say Sunday.

25. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    Contest is now....

C L O S E D

21 hours until the decision will be made

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.