main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWTCG Out Today!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Bubba_the_Genius, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubba_the_Genius

Bubba_the_Genius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2002
    Just wanted to remind everyone that the game's officially out today, as I'm about to head over to my local retailer and see if they're in.

I hope everybody's been able to find everything they were looking for. :D

So, what has everybody picked up so far?

2. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    I only had time to go to WalMart today, and all they had were 2-player games and 5-card boosters ... I'm not interested in either of those, since I already have the advanced starters and a few boosters, so I passed on it today.

I'll try to swing by a card store later this week.

3. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    i'll probably get some later...
    maybe for my birthday

4. Kenix Kil

Kenix Kil Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2000
    I bought the light and dark side starters and 11 boosters. In the 11 I got three foils, two common and one rare. In addition to these I also got three main rares. I like this distribution a lot better then the CCG.

5. Bubba_the_Genius

Mar 19, 2002
    The local comic/games store didn't have any yet (apparently a delay in getting to the game stores), but I went by the local Sam Goody for the soundtrack and saw a couple 2-player games and 5-card boosters.

So, forced between getting the game on time or supporting the local card game retailer, I decided to wait. It'll probably benefit the area in the long run if the owner sees the game get a good start. :)

6. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I bought a light and dark starter, a 2 player game, and 5 boosters for now. More to come when I get paid Friday.

All Wal Mart had was the 2 player and the 5 card packs, which I don't want. But I am luvky enough to have a Wizards store nearby that had it, so my friend and I raided it as soon as they opened.

I had fun playing this with the mere text cards I made, it was even better with the nice cards. And I love the back! Purposly bought clear deck protectors. Opaque sleves will not touch my SWTCG!

7. Kenix Kil

Kenix Kil Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2000
    Hey a little off topic here but if you guys are needing dice you can get a pack of 36 from Chessix. I got mine for $6 so ask your local card dealer to order them. They can get them from Alliance. Also I just have to say that the game is awsome!

8. Masterlucas

Masterlucas Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2002
    I got 15 booster boxes in the mail yesterday, will be adding the new cards to my auction today, anyone who's interested in recieving the auction just pm me and I'll add you to my mailer.

Anyway, I love the new cards after opening 4 boxes I'm averaging 10 foils a box. They look great and I'm very excited about playing with some of the more powerful cards, the 2-player starter games I've had so far will pale in comparison to games containing these cards I'm seeing now.

Darth Tyrannus A is a beast!

9. Master_of_Darkness

Master_of_Darkness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I want some badly... so, anybody find some cool Dooku/Tyranus ones? Yoda maybe?

10. Bubba_the_Genius

Mar 19, 2002
    The local comic/games store got their shipment today - LS starters, DS starters, and 11-card boosters. I got one of each starter and will most likely get a box of 11-card's next week (READ: payday).

And the local Sam Goody (for some odd reason) has the two-player game and 5-card boosters, so I got the two-player game from them. At the very least, I won't have to worry about finding some 100 cards that came pre-constructed in those kits.

Haven't had the time to do anything but look through the one-player starters, and I must say, they look even nicer up close. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.