main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Syal and Myri Fan Club: "You must be so proud."

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by imiller, Sep 8, 2012.

?

Syal or Myri?

1. Syal

26.5%
  2. Myri

38.2%
  3. Both

35.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I want Myri to remain a Wraith for a while yet. Head of Intel....someday, I just hope they don't time jump that far anytime soon.

2. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    THIS IS MY HEAD-CANON.

Welcome aboard, Ambassador imiller!

MiraxTerrik and Runjedirun like this.
  3. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Oooh, will you write it? :)

4. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    I've been intending to include it, with my Syal and Myri trilogy.

Myri stayed with her parents for a while, didn't she? That's the impression I got from Exile, anyway.

5. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Think so, yeah. After uni.

6. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Finishing her Intel training, and then went off to become rich as a gambler. Uncle Lando must have been proud!

7. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Let us know when there is something to read!

8. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Wait, was she officially Intell trained?

9. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Will do Runjedirun.

imiller Yeah, pretty sure. When Wedge is talking to Thracken, I think, and Sal-Solo was asking about the girls. You know, that super awesome moment when Wedge tells Thracken to go to hell, and that he has nicer hair than Thracken does?

I think I'll post it in the quotes thread.

10. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Hmmm. I don't recall Myri coming up. More Syal.

I would be interested in hearing Allston talk about the evolution of the Antilles girls - why he chose each of them to develop the way he did, and when he realized Myri could be a Wraith, etc.

11. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    That would be cool.

Maybe it wasn't there, but I know he was talking about Myri finishing top of her class in Intel, and being approached by both CorSec and the GA. Thrackan wanted to know whether she'd reported her contact...

You know what, maybe it wasn't Thrackan. Maybe it was someone else... Yes, when Wedge was 'retired', some other guy walked him out, that's when they talked about Myri!

12. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Ah! That makes more sense. I think I recall that - was it Corran?

13. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    I don't think so...? I think it was before the assassination attempt, which is when Corran showed up. With Myri and her crazy hair!

14. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Crazy hair Myri - just so different than her parents. Really different than all her relations. I hope the next X-Wing book uses her as a viewpoint character, so we might find out why she has these quirks!

15. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    That would be cool. I loved all her quirks, but you're right - it would be nice to see why she has them.

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I loved Syal in Allstons' parts of LotF, though Myri was also pretty cool in Mercy Kill. I am also pretty partial to Jesmin Doran-Tainer, for all manner of awesomeness as well.

17. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Ah, Jezzie I must say, I'm hoping that she and Trey have a sort of Kell-Tyria romance sometime :) (Of course, I also think Trey is hilarious and great too).

Syal's part of Legacy of the Force are a big part of why I can still recommend the series! I love how she carries on Wedge's dilemmas in Starfighters of Adumar while being completely her own person.

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  18. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    It was really great to see the next gen finally stepped up - and not just through the Sky-Solos.

I really loved Syal's insecurities - reminded me of her dad in some ways. I mean, he has ego when it comes to his flying, his tactics and strategies; but when it came to personal issues, well...

19. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Do expand on your ellipsis! I am very curious!

20. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    :p Actually, you referred to the same thing, haha!

I just see Wedge as somewhat insecure personally, although Iella probably helped, if not cure, then at least treat that problem. It's quite remarkable that someone as egotistical as Wedge is (as Mirax put it) could be so humble at the same time. He knows he's good, great, fantastic, a complete genius at flying... but when it comes to, say, the reasons a woman might choose him over any other guy out there, he questions his worth. I thought that that was a wonderful dichotomy to the character, and helped make him so lovable, and so relatable. We all have particular things that we're good at, but that doesn't stop us from doubting ourselves in other ways.

Expanded enough?

MiraxTerrik and Runjedirun like this.
  21. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Oh, you can never expand on Wedge enough for me :) But that is some great stuff!

22. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Thanks. I can't tell you just how much I love Wedge, but I've got a pretty solid head-canon space for him. My three favourite guys in Star Wars are Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ben Skywalker and Wedge Antilles.

I guess this belongs in a different thread, really.

23. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Well, as long as we always try to bring it back to Syal and/or Myri. I really wish we saw more of the Shelter kids together - I know Ben was a baby, but it might be cool to see the Antilles girls have a similar friendship with him as their fathers.

24. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    My theory is that she was trying to break out of her fathers' and sisters' shadow.

I think Ben and Myri would get along well together. They both like to spy.

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Syal, Myri, Ben, Seha and the rest of the Shelter kids deserve their own YJK type series. That would be amazing. Ben and Myri would get along well and Syal and Valin and Jysella would get along well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.