Fanclub Syal and Myri Fan Club: "You must be so proud."

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by imiller, Sep 8, 2012.

?

Syal or Myri?

Syal 9 vote(s) 27.3%
Myri 13 vote(s) 39.4%
Both 11 vote(s) 33.3%
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    Tycho needs a Tyke-o? :-D

I liked the fact that Myri was a pilot. She has the reflexes and probably a certain amount of natural ability - but she chose *not* to focus on that aspect of herself. She chose to go through an Intel academy, she then chose to stick with her family rather than take sides in a galactic conflict, she chose to become a gambler, then she chose to be a Wraith. It seems to me like Myri must have tried a bit of everything (except maybe being a Jedi, although she did spend just as much time on Shelter as any of the Jedi kids). But she's finally chosen to commit to something, and she's using *all* her skills in that role.

And I can't see Wedge's girls not enjoying going flying with him.
    Mirax Terrik and Random Comments like this.
  2. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    I kind of figured Myri would join Wraith Squadron at one point. Hope we see Syal with Rogue Squadron sometime as well. Maybe a team up?
  3. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    Syal has to join the Rogues. She *has* to. This is my head-canon.

Have you seen Lane Winree's Syal trilogy? (The third one's not finished yet.) And his Syal diary. Wow. Very powerful work there. Check it out if you haven't.
  4. Team Padme Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I liked Myri In Exile. Sucks we didn't see both of em in FOTJ.
  5. Runjedirun Chancellor of the EUC Senate

VIP
    star 6
  6. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, I thought Myri was pretty damn cool in Exile, too. When she's rescuing her dad (the hair and tattoos, haha), when she's talking to 'Uncle Lando' (I cannot express how happy that makes me) and when she's the one who figures out what the underlying plan for the SkySolos is. Oh, and her being a gambler (Uncle Lando must be so proud!)

I would love to see the two of them working together. I'd also like to know how Syal has been coping with everything, and whether she faced any problems with employment after flying with the Rakehells.
  7. Mazzic Force Ghost

star 4
    I voted for Syal. Obviously.
    Runjedirun likes this.
  8. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    Just bought the paperback version of Mercy Kill.
    Katana_Sundancer and Runjedirun like this.
  9. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
  10. imiller Force Ghost

star 3
    Does it have "Roll of the Dice" in it?
  11. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    Read it when it came out in HB and liked it but will read it again at the end of my DNT/LOTF/MF/Jaden Korr/FOTJ read through.
  12. Revanfan1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm a big fan of both Syal and Myri. Even though both "Syal" and "Lysa Dunter" were listed in Betrayal's dramatis personae, I knew the instant I saw the name "Lysa" that, "hmm...Syal, Lysa, Syal, Lysa...hah!" Wasn't really a shocker when her identity was revealed.
    Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  13. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    I had an inkling when I was reading the 'Lysa' sections - mostly because an old fan fic plot bunny had Syal Antilles Fel running around under the alias of 'Alys'. It just kind of twigged me.
  14. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    So... who would you 'cast' as the Antilles girls?
  15. imiller Force Ghost

star 3
    Maybe Anna Maxell-Martin as Syal.
  16. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    Hmm. See, this is one I picked up from @LaneWinree. Alona Tal as Syal.

And I've got Bridgit Mendler as Myri. (I considered Dianna Agron for a while, but she's not quite right.)
  17. imiller Force Ghost

star 3
    I like going UK, since Wedge is a Scot :)

But I do like Alona Tal quite a bit, so I can definitely see that.

If we're going for the blondes, though, I'm pumping for Romola Garai all the way. And possibly Sarah Bolger as Miri.

I'm quite wedded to my Brit/Scot/Irish folk!
  18. imiller Force Ghost

star 3
    That makes me think that Jodhi May might be a great Iella. :)
  19. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    I would if I knew more of them. I know someone suggested Ashley Judd as Iella. (I'm trying to cast the EU, and the next gen especially, and their Next Gen (my OCs). So any suggestions for anyone... :D)
  20. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    So Wookieepedia has Myri's eye colour listrd as green. Since when? They also say she's got natural black hair in Mercy Kill. Did they miss the bit where she points out that 'nature hasn't touched my hair since I was sixteen'?
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  21. adaml83 Force Ghost

star 4
    Wookie has lost it's mind?
  22. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    Apparently. And I don't know enough to fix it. I just leave comments on the talk page and hope things get fixed. Like Syal's page listing her birth in 17 ABY, but her birth being included on the 16 ABY page.
  23. adaml83 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, tis a silly mistake. That said it depends on whoever writes the article to catch up with whoever they're writing on.
  24. Team Padme Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Honestly I don't feel like we've seen enough of them for me to really like them. Or maybe that's because I haven't really read a lot of the content they are in.
  25. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    LotF has them both - a lot more of Syal, but Myri in Exile is fantastic. Then of course we get more Myri in Mercy Kill.

I liked them both before they had any more official content than their little appearances in Union. They're the daughters of Wedge and Iella... there's just so much potential there.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth