1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Adelaide (21-23rd November) | Brisbane (28th-30th November)

Oceania Sydney Riots

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    One bloke on the news was shown (and curse the damn media for giving any of thee idiots any air time) saying in regards to a man being stabbed: " They don't have any guts to come up to us when we're in a large group..."

Who would be stupid enough!!! one lebanese guy walked past and got hammered before being helped by a couple of police officers!!!!!!

"... yet they go after one guy by himself with a large group."

Like the large group you were just with when they got stuck into anyone who looked even slightly ethnic!!????!!!

It's like schoolyard behaviour, yet it's so much more dangerous!
    No one should be attacked by a large group, even if you believe they had it coming, or whatever! That's just outta control.
  2. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    And those comments are better than "Mahommid was a camel ******* faggot" or simply just dispensing with words and beating on any Lebanese who comes within 100 metres of the drunken bogans? They intimidated women with phrases like "**** off Lebs" and associated physical actions. It doesn't matter what nationality you are or what nation you're in, idiots are idiots. To say that any culture is more violent or inherently dangerous than any other is outright bigoted.
  3. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    exactly right dude.

As I said, that whole interview just reminded me of two kids in trouble for fighting at school, trying to justify their wrongdoings.
  4. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Another question for you Drax (And anyone really, don't want to zero on just one person who thinks this is acceptable behaviour).

What has this accomplished? How are we better off for this happening?

There are now calls to arms from ethnic youths to converge on Cronulla from all over Sydney. Was this the result the riot was hoping to achieve?

A friend of mine was almost assaulted on the train this morning coming to work. He's of Lebanese descent, born in Australia and raised as a Catholic. He is also one of the kindest, most peace loving men I know, and dare I say it, a much more worthwhile human being than much of the white beach trash I encountered in my time living in Coogee.

How would assaulting him have helped the Shire dwellers enjoy their beach more?

An olive-skinned receptionist at my work had a beer bottle thrown at her from a car filled with young white Australians, waving a flag and screaming "**** off Leb!".

How did she deserve any of this? Particularly as she is from Russia?

I don't for a second think all the violent morons were after anyone of middle eastern appearance but more there for a fight. There are so many reports from the riot alone of mobs of white Australians turning not only on those from Greek or Italian backgrounds, but even in some cases where the victim was a very tanned Australian. This is about violence and yobboism, nothing more, in fact it's the same kind of crowd who would try and hassle me for being of "gothic" appearance.

Defend it however the hell you like, but don't claim to speak for all Australians.
  5. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    I wish Australia's Bogan percentage was much lower.

And calling themselves patriotic for all this stuff?
    There goes the nice peaceful country where none of this insane stuff ever happened.

If anything at all, haven't these people created more reason for Australia to be targeted by terrorist attack now?

I don't think it's changed anything in that regard, but who knows?

6. Draxtralia Jedi Knight

star 1
    Of course I don't speak for all Australians, but I do speak for those who believe this event has finally brought people out of hiding and shown us who the clear enemy is, which are these intimidating, and above all, violent Islamic gangs, whom I and some of my friends and family members have had some close encounters of the dangerous kind with in the past.

At least this riot and the aftermath of the Arab gangs attacking cars and random people at Marourbra has shown us that we will no longer tolerate their crap and we will no longer be afraid.
  7. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Amen S_M.
    I'm just waiting for it to start brewing here in Perth. I know Perth is pretty tame but we all know the crap that gets started in Northbridge over racism.
    Sad thing is, 99% of my friends are ethnic. Be it Greek, Lebonese, Chinese, Indonesian or Afghan. That's not the sad thing, the sad thing is that I know that my mates are going to be recieving a **** load of abuse in the months to come now because of this crap in Sydney.
    I certainly know which side I'll be on.
  8. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    To be honest, these "Islamic gangs" have Australia so terrified that I hadn't even heard of them until today.
  9. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    But Drax, I wasn't afraid yesterday!

It frightens me that this kind of rubbish like rascist violent riots on a large scale can happen in Australia!

Blind, stupid and unjust violence.

It's like saying theres a murderer in a crowd of people, and taking care of them by throwing a grenade into the crowd!
  10. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    At least this riot and the aftermath of the Arab gangs attacking cars and random people at Marourbra has shown us that we will no longer tolerate their crap and we will no longer be afraid.

I'm certain Kate will look at all the dents and broken glass of her new car she worked so hard for, and take heart it wasn't in vain then. [face_plain]

Honestly, that's the best answer you got? That's really lame.
  11. TheOzhaggis Force Ghost

star 5
    I melded nothing. The comparison was in SoE's initial post:

Maybe it was a tenuous comparison, but it was there. So I responded. He disagreed. I explained my opinion. End of story. We have a difference of opinion. It's old news, two posts on page 1. So why keep flogging a horse that died out of the gates?

And once more with feeling: expressing a contrary opinion is not making a judgement.

Can you please explain how personal opinion = judgement?

I dunno, maybe it is for you, but it isn't for me. I do not consider my personal opinions as judgements on people who don't share them - they are my opinions, which I hold for better or worse, right or wrong, and express in the interest of sharing. If I express my opinions as if they are gospel truth, it is because I've been taught that anything that's worth saying is worth saying with conviction.

And that is what I tried to express at the time: this is my own idiosyncratic view of the world, my own spontaneous opinion, which I do not expect anyone else to share, which I expresss for my own benefit as much as anyone else. (Which is true of all of my posts.)

You think TPM is crap, I don't. Do you consider that a personal judgement on me? I don't. It's an opinion. People have different opinions. You express yours, I express mine, we disagree, maybe disagree some more. Or am I alone in not taking different opinions personally? I hope not.

This is the same old pattern SM. You (& SoE) and I are actually in general agreement about the issues, but manage to get caught up in big arguments about little side-issues.
  12. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah man, these yobbos have turned to the dark side!

using anger fear and aggression to solve their problems.

Haven't you learned anything from the Holy saga??????

It's craptacular

EDIT: I'm sorry but these ARE star wars forums!
  13. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6

No, it actually showed us that this country is still full of white trash yobbo skin head wannabes.
    Just wait, the ethnic community will get theirs back and the biggest **** storm to hit Australia will start bewing.
  14. Draxtralia Jedi Knight

star 1
    What do you mean? It's because of that we're going to stand up to these gangs more. I think we've lost if we keep cowering in fear of these Islamic gangs.

There's nothing more to understand than the fact that they hate us. I don't want to hate them, but they're pushing their luck.
  15. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I think we've lost if we keep cowering in fear of these Islamic gangs.

I didn't realise that bashing people that are Greek and Australians with heavy tans helped fight back against the uber evil Islamic gangs that you compare to terrorists.
    Clap...clap...clap.
  16. TheOzhaggis Force Ghost

star 5

The point they are making is that the people bearing the brunt of "standing up to them" are not the same people who are sounding the call to battle. So it's easy to say "let's give them hell!" when you're not the one who feels the impact.

17. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Just keep backpedalling Oz, you know where you made your judgement and then qualified it with contradictory comments.

There's nothing more to understand than the fact that they hate us.

Us? Who is this "us"?
  18. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    There's nothing more to understand than the fact that they hate us.

Despite the fact that your statement is an idiotic generalisation, don't you think you should look to WHY they might hate "us" instead of starting a war?
  19. Draxtralia Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll give you four clues.

Westerners. Whites. Caucasians. Infidels.

No. I did nothing to them. I have no sympathy for them.
  20. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    No. I did nothing to them. I have no sympathy for them.

What have they done to you, personaly?
  21. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    I'll give you four clues.

Westerners. Whites. Caucasians. Infidels.

Really? Because I think everyone who was down there inciting riots, white, black, yellow, pink or polka dot are all just as bad as each other. Like I said, the "white" aussies down at that beach would be exactly the same yobo morons who would try and pick a fight with me because of my gothic appearance.

Don't get me completely wrong, I do understand the frustration, I just think the reaction to it was disgusting. Thanks to the likes of those losers, the actual problem will now not be addressed, instead, the focus will now be on how to make both groups stop fighting and too many police resources will be wasted on it, instead of addressing the actual issue at it's base.

There's an article here, written by a former detective you may find of interest. It puts into readable words and intelligent phrasing the feelings expressed by the yobbo morons on the beach at Cronulla.

I still think what happened was shameful, and I don't think anyone involved is any better than anyone else who was.
  22. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My comments and observations, I live just outside the shire, but have cousins who live inside it.

I work at bankstown jb hifi, today before work a coworker nearly got jumped by a group of lebanese guys, he only got out when another coworker told them to leave him alone, then tonight, the boyfriend of a coworker was at the mosque when the aussies tried to roll it (I know how close the aussies came to actually getting there, another coworker saw the aussies gathering up in padstow area)

It's getting damn out of hand, but the cops won't be able to do much since the rioters can simply drop their weapons, walk around the corner and be an innocent bystander, all the stupid rioters who are acting tough are mostly drinking their courage.
  23. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    Draxtralia, I'm not certain if you're purposefully ignoring the fact that the "Aussie" (for an unfortunate want of a better term right now) gang abused more people than the Lebanese gang did, but surely we can at least agree on the fact that human safety is more important than property safety and that giving hell to young girls purely on their skin colour is more despicable than breaking a car window?
  24. Kehleyr Force Ghost

star 4
    Evening all, had a crap day of little sleep, all stressy down here in Rockdale. Police at the station this morning, can still hear sirens now. We have moved all 5 of our cars off the street tonight - 1 at my aunts, 1 at my grandmas and managed squeeze 3 into our back garage which is only meant for 2.

I ventured into the Sutherland Shire tonight, to go see Harry Potter with my bf at Miranda. All over are warnings that the there will be likely retaliation from the lebanese this coming weekend, with police making warnings on radio etc for aussies to stay inside or head away from Southern Sydney for the weekend. There was a noticeable police presence around. I think it is worse in the St George area, as this is where the lebanese predominantly live in Southern Sydney, Arncliffe, Banksia etc. I pulled up in my car in front of the house, nearly got swiped by an open 4wd full of lebanese youths all in white, who made some lovely gestures when I hit the brakes and my horn simultaneously. Then got the usual torrent of white skip blahblah, not worth repeating and they tore off up towards Rockdale station. Also found Mum's car had been egged, so guess who gets to wash that tomorrow :(

My dogs keep going off at cars tearing up and down the streets, not anglo aussies either, I hope most of them sobered up and hopefully are being kept under lock and key by their parents who should have done so yesterday.

Ex of mine is with the local police and he isn't happy, none of them are. No idea how they got on top of Brighton RSL either, there are no awnings, just a straight wall. Burning the australian flag is counted as treason I think Dad said?. I wasn't going to drive to work this week, costs me a fortune in petrol and parking ($38 a night, got to love city parking rorts). But it's safer than getting the nightride home and possibly not making it home the 5 blocks from the station at 1:30 in the morning.

Sorry if I seem worked up, I am not racist towards either side. My best mate is half lebanese. My sister is engaged to a lebanese guy from Maroubra, I have a number of mates who are full or of lebanese descent as well as anglo ones. But coming home and experiencing that, and the general atmosphere around here right now...
  25. Kehleyr Force Ghost

star 4
    Coming home, was listening to an interview with a former senior national crime officer on gangs and stuff on Triple-M, and he made an interesting point.

The anglo aussies turned up with slogans and flags, albeit they were drunk and their behaviour inexcusable. The lebanese aussies turned up with baseball bats, iron bars, knives and guns...

I will not be going outside my house over the next few days, except when necessary like going to work. None of us should have to live like this...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.